Crosby vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton Wins 42-3

WOSgrad

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="892352" timestamp="1288489131"]
Game balls:  Ryan McBride, Joe Duff, #4, Charles Toussant (where have we been hiding him?), Rip for his play on the O-line, Merka (think of the possibilities if his parents would have moved to Dayton when he started seventh grade).  Herrera for playing smart.

No Balls:

Crosby for being late.
Dayton for crying about crosby coming out late.
[/quote]

#4 C.J. Burke

[quote name="bronco1" post="892501" timestamp="1288493578"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=75222.msg892352#msg892352 date=1288489131]
Game balls:  Ryan McBride, Joe Duff, #4, Charles Toussant (where have we been hiding him?), Rip for his play on the O-line, Merka (think of the possibilities if his parents would have moved to Dayton when he started seventh grade).  Herrera for playing smart.

No Balls:

Crosby for being late.
[b]Dayton for crying about crosby coming out late.[/b][/quote]

#4 C.J. Burke
[/quote]

C.J. is doing a great job indeed!

:D :D @ the bolded part.

CONGRATS TO THE BRONCOS!!!
Thrilled about the outcome of this game, although not so thrilled about what went on! Disappointed with Flannigan's shenanigans for sure- just no excuse! *smh*  :-[

Best wishes to Jakari on a full and speedy recovery and thank you for your effort this year- your team and the fans are proud of you & have you in their prayers! Hang in there and keep your head up young man!

For the naysayers sitting by me w/playoff doubts:Crosby put 30 on Montg w/242 yds.of rushing,Merka w/3 rush tds.  vs.Dayton-Crosby w/134 rushing total-0 Merka tds-Chron hiding Merka rushing yds.only showing Scott w/60.I Believe we can play ;)  :o ;D ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="892577" timestamp="1288497994"]
For the naysayers sitting by me w/playoff doubts:Crosby put 30 on Montg w/242 yds.of rushing,Merka w/3 rush tds.   vs.Dayton-Crosby w/134 rushing total-0 Merka tds-Chron hiding Merka rushing yds.only showing Scott w/60.I Believe we can play ;)  :o ;D ;D
[/quote]

I'm one of the believers sitting by ya!  ;D

[quote name="friogal" post="892580" timestamp="1288498201"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75222.msg892577#msg892577 date=1288497994]
For the naysayers sitting by me w/playoff doubts:Crosby put 30 on Montg w/242 yds.of rushing,Merka w/3 rush tds.   vs.Dayton-Crosby w/134 rushing total-0 Merka tds-Chron hiding Merka rushing yds.only showing Scott w/60.I Believe we can play ;)  :o ;D ;D
[/quote]

I'm one of the believers sitting by ya!  ;D
[/quote]I definitely believe in my Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Name game/blame game, it really doesn't matter.  Crosby has been the same way for as long as I can remember no matter who their head coach has been.  The players run the team over there, not the coaches or head coach.  Regardless, cliche, "at the end of the day" the player that tackled Jakari has to live with that and now Jakari has an extremely tough healing process ahead of him. 

[quote name="rollinac" post="890654" timestamp="1288400032"]
HOLY SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT a trick play!!!!  X Baldwin takes the flanker sweep and hits Reyes on a 27 Yard TD Pass 21-0 Dayton.  Backflipper, apparently he was reading the forum this week.
[/quote]
Well either Stewart or Nations was reading it.. I knew you had it in ya, woooohooooo I almost got on the field and did a backflip with the cheerleaders after this play.

So PROUD of Dayton on this win! Praying for Jakari! He loves football and we will miss him! I do feel sorry for Merka also. He is a good player, he just doesn't have any help. Reminds me of the player from Nederland, the Mosely boy, he also was good but had no help.Can't wait for playoffs! GO BRONCOS!

[quote name="Backflipper" post="892789" timestamp="1288542368"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=75222.msg890654#msg890654 date=1288400032]
HOLY SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT a trick play!!!!  X Baldwin takes the flanker sweep and hits Reyes on a 27 Yard TD Pass 21-0 Dayton.  Backflipper, apparently he was reading the forum this week.
[/quote]
Well either [b]Stewart[/b] or Nations was reading it.. I knew you had it in ya, woooohooooo I almost got on the field and did a backflip with the cheerleaders after this play.
[/quote]

I promise you coach Stewart dont get on here.

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="891787" timestamp="1288461437"]
Forget the final score. Flainagan or who ever he is can kiss my ___. . Second time he has held his team for start of game. MY SON serves this country in the Armed Services and they all deserve respect on and off the field. I wish it had been 100-2. I cannot believe the good people of Crosby would put up with this crap. JD laying on the field and Crosby players do not have enough respect to take a knee.  Players learn from their leader and Crosby has none on the football field. I usually hold my opinion but this is disrespectful of our men and women serving our country
[/quote]First off, good game to Dayton… they wanted it more than our boys… no doubt…
My prayers go to #1. He is a heck of a back and I hope he is doing better..
Now for all you haters….  Flanigan told the boys to take a knee.. He is all class..It is funny that all of Dayton, before the video of the hit, was calling it a cheap shot.. that Crosby was taking cheap shots all night… when really it was not even close..A LEGAL HIT THAT WAS CALLED A PERSONAL FOUL… You act like the Dayton kids did nothing at all…
If I remember right, Dayton had more personal fouls than Crosby.  And one of the personal was retaliation when he saw his teammate getting punched on the ground….. right in front of the ref which did nothing… the refs had no control of the game… As for them not being out on time, the refs are supost to come get you.... they were on the field... so blame the refs.  Crosby could not see the score board from across campus where dayon put them...
You can call Flanigan classless all you want… but the truth is he is not…. At least when he lost he came out to shake hands … He also did not tell his coaches, don’t talk to them or I will fire you… and I can guarantee that even though he did not win district…. HE WILL AT LEAST SHOW UP TO ALL DISTRICT VOTEING AND BATTLE FOR HIS KIDS…. unlike some other coaches I know..

The penalty on the tackle that ended Jakari's season involved a face mask behind the actually tackle.  Jared Gause from Dayton was blocking on the play and a Crosby player had a very flagrant face mask.  The Crosby players did not take a knee until well after even the fans from Crosby were yelling to do so.  I also agree that just looking through my video, Crosby really never got fired up.  They were draining the 25 second clock on each snap and it was like they were trying to stall out the Broncos from scoring instead of trying to score themselves.  Merka did make three excellent deep passes, but just couldn't get the offense rolling (a lot of that has to do with the Bronco front seven).

[quote name="hitman009" post="893294" timestamp="1288578164"]
[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=75222.msg891787#msg891787 date=1288461437]
Forget the final score. Flainagan or who ever he is can kiss my ___. . Second time he has held his team for start of game. MY SON serves this country in the Armed Services and they all deserve respect on and off the field. I wish it had been 100-2. I cannot believe the good people of Crosby would put up with this crap. JD laying on the field and Crosby players do not have enough respect to take a knee.  Players learn from their leader and Crosby has none on the football field. I usually hold my opinion but this is disrespectful of our men and women serving our country
[/quote]First off, good game to Dayton… they wanted it more than our boys… no doubt…
My prayers go to #1. He is a heck of a back and I hope he is doing better..
Now for all you haters….  Flanigan told the boys to take a knee.. He is all class..It is funny that all of Dayton, before the video of the hit, was calling it a cheap shot.. that Crosby was taking cheap shots all night… when really it was not even close..A LEGAL HIT THAT WAS CALLED A PERSONAL FOUL… You act like the Dayton kids did nothing at all…
If I remember right, Dayton had more personal fouls than Crosby.  And one of the personal was retaliation when he saw his teammate getting punched on the ground….. right in front of the ref which did nothing… the refs had no control of the game… As for them not being out on time, the refs are supost to come get you.... they were on the field... so blame the refs.  Crosby could not see the score board from across campus where dayon put them...
You can call Flanigan classless all you want… but the truth is he is not…. At least when he lost he came out to shake hands … He also did not tell his coaches, don’t talk to them or I will fire you… and I can guarantee that even though he did not win district…. HE WILL AT LEAST SHOW UP TO ALL DISTRICT VOTEING AND BATTLE FOR HIS KIDS…. unlike some other coaches I know..

[/quote]
The Dayton locker room is further than the visitors. I guess it was the same excuse for halftime also? Tired of beating a dead coug. Merka is a player but doesnt have any help. This game was typical for DAY vs CROS so I dont know why everybody (including myself) are so surprised. Plain and simple the better team won and good luck to all from 19-4A come playoffs.

Cannot believe anyone would make excuses for such a classless coach (team). Game starts the same every week. How many times has Crosby been late coming out? There either afraid or disrespectful. You make your own decision. I had some friends in Crosby call me at home to say they were sorry for coach Flanigans actions. He is the leader and must take the blame for the actions of his team. You learn from your leader and I for one am proud to be a BRONCO parent and thankful that I do not live in Crosby. ( would relocate).

[quote name="liltex" post="893310" timestamp="1288578873"]
News for you guys some coaches read these posts but seldom post 8)
[/quote]
I know for a fact that some of these posts get back to the coaches. I have a friend that coaches in Dayton and has made a comment to me about some of the stuff on here. Im sure they are not allowed to post but I some do read the smack.. Trust me!

I grew up in Dayton, and we could never understand why Crosby always tried to make our games more important than they were.  Our rivalry game back then was Liberty, and we could care less about Dayton.  It now seems like Dayton/Crosby is the rivalry.  I have seen film of the "illegal tackle" from the side and the endzone view.  It most definately was not illegal, and should not have deserved a flag.  The flag was thrown by a ref that was about 25 yards away and in front of the play.  The Crosby player grabbed the jersey of the runner, nothing wrong with that, when the player was attempting to plant his leg, resulting in the leg snapping.  Nothing intentional, just bad luck. 

[quote name="zippy" post="893667" timestamp="1288629255"]
I grew up in Dayton, and we could never understand why Crosby always tried to make our games more important than they were.  Our rivalry game back then was Liberty, and we could care less about Dayton.  It now seems like Dayton/Crosby is the rivalry.  I have seen film of the "illegal tackle" from the side and the endzone view.  It most definately was not illegal, and should not have deserved a flag.  The flag was thrown by a ref that was about 25 yards away and in front of the play.  The Crosby player grabbed the jersey of the runner, nothing wrong with that, when the player was attempting to plant his leg, resulting in the leg snapping.  Nothing intentional, just bad luck.  
[/quote]

it's been posted numerous times that the flag was for a face mask on Goss  during the play....

[quote name="zippy" post="893667" timestamp="1288629255"]
I grew up in Dayton, and we could never understand why Crosby always tried to make our games more important than they were.  Our rivalry game back then was Liberty, and we could care less about Dayton.  It now seems like Dayton/Crosby is the rivalry.  I have seen film of the "illegal tackle" from the side and the endzone view.  It most definately was not illegal, and should not have deserved a flag.  The flag was thrown by a ref that was about 25 yards away and in front of the play.  The Crosby player grabbed the jersey of the runner, nothing wrong with that, when the player was attempting to plant his leg, resulting in the leg snapping.  Nothing intentional, just bad luck. 
[/quote][URL=http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=194041976714449720.jpg][IMG]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3694/194041976714449720.jpg[/img][/URL][url=http://www.lunapic.com/editor] [b]this is why the flag was thrown on the play when Jakari broke his leg[/b]

[quote name="octfeb" post="893685" timestamp="1288630126"]
[quote author=zippy link=topic=75222.msg893667#msg893667 date=1288629255]
[/quote][URL=http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=194041976714449720.jpg][IMG]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3694/194041976714449720.jpg[/img][/URL][url=http://www.lunapic.com/editor] [b]this is why the flag was thrown on the play when Jakari broke his leg[/b]
[/quote]yup, shows it clearly

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder