Crosby vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton Wins 42-3

WOSgrad

From the video...
The Crosby player grabbed Jakari high up, but by the time he finally grabbed clothe, his hand was around the waist line.  The Crosby player was falling down and held on, Jakari planted his right foot, and his leg couldn't take the stress.  The tackle started up high, but it was NOT a horse collar, althought it sure did look like it.  Regardless... HEAL QUICKLY JAKARI!  Still sick at my stomach thinking of it.  Sometimes life isn't fair, but the tribulations we face in life make us stronger.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason facemask and horse collar are personal fouls.  Facemask is one thing as it may be incidental and is much easier to do by accident but anyone who has ever played football knows when you feel facemask you let go.  Horsecollar falls into the same category...the major injuries occur when you grab the back of the shoulder pads and the leave your feet to bring down the other player by using your bodyweight.  Don't give me the just trying to bring the other player down excuse....you get the back of the pads you either let go or you pull back and dive for the feet.  It's no different than seeing someone get a broke neck from grabbing and twisting a facemask.  Flat out it's a dirty play and I'm sorry to see a kid injured from something that was made illegal for the specific reason of eliminating the injuries it causes.

I felt quite a bit better as I saw JD raise his hand as if to say thanks you guys can do this.I overheard some fans near me say well looks like we won't be beating Brenham this year.I reminded them real quick remember the fast little 5'8"RB from Sulphur Springs who ran for 256 yds.in the title game @ the Alamo?Well how about the job McBride did tonight in about 2 1/2 qtrs.Get well JD were gonna do this for you this yr.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="891314" timestamp="1288412835"]
From the video...
The Crosby player grabbed Jakari high up, but by the time he finally grabbed clothe, his hand was around the waist line.  The Crosby player was falling down and held on, Jakari planted his right foot, and his leg couldn't take the stress.  The tackle started up high, but it was NOT a horse collar, althought it sure did look like it.  Regardless... HEAL QUICKLY JAKARI!  Still sick at my stomach thinking of it.  Sometimes life isn't fair, but the tribulations we face in life make us stronger.
[/quote]
Thanks to Toups and OctFeb for setting the story staight. A bad break for a good kid and a great athlete. Unfortunately it happens in football. Rarely, but it does happen. Heal well JD. We'll miss you.

[quote name="knightrider" post="891252" timestamp="1288411339"]
Weeping yet Cougtalk? 42-3 "GO BRONCOS" :D :D :D
[/quote]

The only post i make specifically reference my name in this thread!

I have a bet i lost and as soon as this thread doesn't have the word COUGTALK in it i wont post fair enough Tyronne.

Congrats i guess? The Broncos Defense won the game however the refs definitely helped that offense.

Like to point one thing about the Jakari play. 1) it was called a face mask not a horsecollar and 2) it was called by a ref 45 yards from the play looking at the face of Jakari (i.e. could only see the player fall backwards not the actual grasping point, not by the ref standing right next to the play. And as someone stated previously it wasn't a horse collar, i thought maybe when he tackled high he grabbed the mask, the idea that this play was in any way "dirty" is pathetic its a football game things happen.

Whining about the game hardly, it solidified two things for me 1) Crosby's Offense isn't that good because of a lack of legitimate running threat and the RB positions and 2) Stewart has 0 class.

To be fair Dayton did block well, minus the few blatant holds that weren't called, but hay their were 0 holds called on the cougs so lets assume it was evenly called.

However on both of the big 40 yard runs the inside guard grabbed the defenders and fell to the ground (a hold by any standard).

You scored 2x garbage time tds on long run plays against a tired defense, hope that makes you think ur offense is good.

minus garbage time its 28-3 regardless of what youd like to argue i'd argue our victory last year was far more impressive, ill take 28 (35 minus inadvertent whistle on a pick 6) -0 is more impressive than tonights showing, congrats to the Broncos, don't expect to go very far in the playoffs if thats your best game. As soon as you meet a shutdown defense its gameover.

When you get 4+ fumbles (forced or not) inside your opponents 40 yd line... 28-0 is not an impressive win.

I don't really care rather tonight impressed you or not. A win is a win right.... that's what you said about ya'lls narrow victories over the weaker teams in our district.

I almost forgot.....

Class is being out on the field for the national anthem, or not delaying the game after the half. Not to mention, it took your own fans yelling at the Crosby team to take a knee. [b]After [/b] the stretcher came out, this was unacceptable. If Stewart has 0 class, your coach is in the negative numbers.

Cougtalk

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891348" timestamp="1288413908"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=75222.msg891252#msg891252 date=1288411339]
Weeping yet Cougtalk? 42-3 "GO BRONCOS" :D :D :D
[/quote]

The only post i make specifically reference my name in this thread!

I have a bet i lost and as soon as this thread doesn't have the word COUGTALK in it i wont post fair enough Tyronne.

Congrats i guess? The Broncos Defense won the game however the refs definitely helped that offense.

Like to point one thing about the Jakari play. 1) it was called a face mask not a horsecollar and 2) it was called by a ref 45 yards from the play looking at the face of Jakari (i.e. could only see the player fall backwards not the actual grasping point, not by the ref standing right next to the play. And as someone stated previously it wasn't a horse collar, i thought maybe when he tackled high he grabbed the mask, the idea that this play was in any way "dirty" is pathetic its a football game things happen.

Whining about the game hardly, it solidified two things for me 1) Crosby's Offense isn't that good because of a lack of legitimate running threat and the RB positions and 2) Stewart has 0 class.

To be fair Dayton did block well, minus the few blatant holds that weren't called, but hay their were 0 holds called on the cougs so lets assume it was evenly called.

However on both of the big 40 yard runs the inside guard grabbed the defenders and fell to the ground (a hold by any standard).

You scored 2x garbage time tds on long run plays against a tired defense, hope that makes you think ur offense is good.

minus garbage time its 28-3 regardless of what youd like to argue i'd argue our victory last year was far more impressive, ill take 28 (35 minus inadvertent whistle on a pick 6) -0 is more impressive than tonights showing, congrats to the Broncos, don't expect to go very far in the playoffs if thats your best game. As soon as you meet a shutdown defense its gameover.

[/quote]What a zero!!!!!

Hey kitty talk, Merka didn't impress me at all. yall are about the most classless team i've ever seen. we could play yall tomorrow and still kick yalls butts. i've seen dirty play before and beleve me, yall haven't changed a bit. Yall arwe the ones that won't go far in the play-offs. hope yall enjoyed the trophy for a year. might be 10 years before yall get it again. quit bellyaching and suck it up. the better team won. "GO BRONCOS" >:(

[quote name="dayton" post="891376" timestamp="1288414741"]
When you get 4+ fumbles (forced or not) inside your opponents 40 yd line... 28-0 is not an impressive win.

I don't really care rather tonight impressed you or not. A win is a win right.... that's what you said about ya'lls narrow victories over the weaker teams in our district.

I almost forgot.....

Class is being out on the field for the national anthem, or not delaying the game after the half. Not to mention, it took your own fans yelling at the Crosby team to take a knee. [b]After [/b] the stretcher came out, this was unacceptable. If Stewart has 0 class, your coach is in the negative numbers.

Cougtalk
[/quote]

obvious was an issue with clocks or lack their off in the Dressing rooms, this is never been an issue before.

Well to be fair everyone was on a knee and it took a very long time for the carting to occur. kids stood up eventually. Perhaps your cueing should have waited for both teams to be on the field FYI UIL sanctioned athletic events say the national anthem should not be played until both teams are on the field.

The level of Class from Dayton kids is funny when you start seeing how many times your kids were throwing shoves and facemask (that didn't get called), Your coach running up the score late shows 0 class. Your coaches literal message to our coaching staff that they would not shake hands post game is the tell all about your majestic coaches temperament.  O FYI the year he coached at crosby he had 6 separate violations that got HIM FIRED.

I luv how the lack of facilities within your stadium makes us CLASSLESS? how bout learning hospitality?

[quote name="knightrider" post="891390" timestamp="1288415228"]
Hey kitty talk, Merka didn't impress me at all. yall are about the most classless team i've ever seen. we could play yall tomorrow and still kick yalls butts. i've seen dirty play before and beleve me, yall haven't changed a bit. Yall arwe the ones that won't go far in the play-offs. hope yall enjoyed the trophy for a year. might be 10 years before yall get it again. quit bellyaching and suck it up. the better team won. "GO BRONCOS" >:(
[/quote]

I believe said the better team won. Defense won the game exact quote. I luv when the Trailer trash gets Internet.

[quote name="bronco1" post="891380" timestamp="1288414897"]
That's about what I expected from him. Not sure why he bothers getting on here. He is definitely not worthy of discussing class, unless the lack of it makes you an expert on the subject.
[/quote]

Im sure it does, gosh i mean hardworking middle class suburban adult sounds classless to me, perhaps the goat luv has gotten you turned around?

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891391" timestamp="1288415273"]
[b]Well to be fair everyone was on a knee and it took a very long time for the carting to occur[/b].  
[/quote]

let me be clear.... the length of time it took them to actually take a knee was the issue. Once they did I have no qualms.

[quote name="dayton" post="891397" timestamp="1288415475"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75222.msg891391#msg891391 date=1288415273]
[b]Well to be fair everyone was on a knee and it took a very long time for the carting to occur[/b].  
[/quote]

let me be clear.... the length of time it took them to actually take a knee was the issue. Once they did I have no qualms.
[/quote]

Fair enough i can respect that, the kids (some of them) seemed they didn't know what was going on for whatever reason however the coaching staff did make them take knees. Hardly a result of lack of disicpline by coaches. wasn't on coug sideline we had no idea how bad he was hurt.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891401" timestamp="1288415552"]
Fair enough i can respect that, the kids (some of them) seemed they didn't know what was going on for whatever reason however the coaching staff did make them take knees. Hardly a result of lack of disicpline by coaches. wasn't on coug sideline we had no idea how bad he was hurt.
[/quote]

understood... could you hear the cougar fans yelling for them to take a knee though?? I could hear it halfway up the stands on the dayton side.

Back to the actual football game. I was very surprised Merka never really got loose.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891393" timestamp="1288415336"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=75222.msg891390#msg891390 date=1288415228]
[/quote]

I believe said the better team won. Defense won the game exact quote. I luv when the Trailer trash gets Internet.
[/quote]You're a classless wimp Cougtalk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder