Crosby vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton Wins 42-3

WOSgrad

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Matt" post="891654" timestamp="1288452585"]
I don't want to jinx dayton, but it seems like the fumble problem has been corrected, Crosby was trying to strip the ball all night but it wasn't coming out, whatever the coaches are doing in practice, keep doing it.
[/quote] They were being told the whole game you better hold on to that ball.. constantly being reminded..

Forget the final score. Flainagan or who ever he is can kiss my ___. . Second time he has held his team for start of game. MY SON serves this country in the Armed Services and they all deserve respect on and off the field. I wish it had been 100-2. I cannot believe the good people of Crosby would put up with this crap. JD laying on the field and Crosby players do not have enough respect to take a knee.  Players learn from their leader and Crosby has none on the football field. I usually hold my opinion but this is disrespectful of our men and women serving our country

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="891787" timestamp="1288461437"]
Forget the final score. Flainagan or who ever he is can kiss my ___. . Second time he has held his team for start of game. MY SON serves this country in the Armed Services and they all deserve respect on and off the field. I wish it had been 100-2. I cannot believe the good people of Crosby would put up with this crap. JD laying on the field and Crosby players do not have enough respect to take a knee.  Players learn from their leader and Crosby has none on the football field. I usually hold my opinion but this is disrespectful of our men and women serving our country
[/quote]I could not have said it better

I thought it was interesting that they moved Rip & Wright to the ends last night. Wright from the nose and Rip from OLB position. It sure seemed to work well against Merka. I watched them pretty close all night and those guys are amazing! They used a great deal of patience and discipline. It was a thing of beauty to watch them play their blocks and read, then attack.

It's got to be hard for those guys not to just throw their blocks to the side and get in after the QB, which both of them could do on every play. But they didn't. They stuck with the game plan in the interest of the team and it paid off big time. Contaiment on Merka was outstanding. It's also worth mentioning that Tousant more than held his own at the nose. Great job guys. I salute the coaches as well. That was fun to watch. The whole defense is fun to watch.

I wonder if that move was just a special surprise for Merka and the cougars or if they will stick with it.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="892323" timestamp="1288487829"]
I thought it was interesting that they moved Rip & Wright to the ends last night. Wright from the nose and Rip from OLB position. It sure seemed to work well against Merka. I watched them pretty close all night and those guys are amazing! They used a great deal of patience and discipline. It was a thing of beauty to watch them play their blocks and read, then attack.

It's got to be hard for those guys not to just throw their blocks to the side and get in after the QB, which both of them could do on every play. But they didn't. They stuck with the game plan in the interest of the team and it paid off big time. Contaiment on Merka was outstanding. It's also worth mentioning that Tousant more than held his own at the nose. Great job guys. I salute the coaches as well. That was fun to watch. The whole defense is fun to watch.

I wonder if that move was just a special surprise for Merka and the cougars or if they will stick with it.
[/quote] Agree ! coaching and  game prep. was top notch - and we got our trick play with Baldwin throwing the TD  -priceless ~

[quote name="Bronco fan22" post="892340" timestamp="1288488780"]
merka beat us last year by getting outside and no way were we going to let him do that again so we move the monsters on the outside to contain him
[/quote]
I kinda figured that's why. Great move though. Game ball to the coach(s) for that one.

Game balls:  Ryan McBride, Joe Duff, #4, Charles Toussant (where have we been hiding him?), Rip for his play on the O-line, Merka (think of the possibilities if his parents would have moved to Dayton when he started seventh grade).  Herrera for playing smart.

No Balls:

Crosby for being late.
Dayton for crying about crosby coming out late.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="892323" timestamp="1288487829"]

[/quote]

Rip at TE and Wright behind him in the jumbo set also makes for some pretty impressive blocking on offense. 

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="892358" timestamp="1288489353"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=75222.msg892323#msg892323 date=1288487829]

[/quote]

Rip at TE and Wright behind him in the jumbo set also makes for some pretty impressive blocking on offense. 
[/quote]
Yea, that's a lot of beef. I noticed they used that a little more last night. One of the times Mcribe broke for a TD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder