Crosby vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton Wins 42-3

WOSgrad

[quote name="dayton" post="891403" timestamp="1288415698"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75222.msg891401#msg891401 date=1288415552]
Fair enough i can respect that, the kids (some of them) seemed they didn't know what was going on for whatever reason however the coaching staff did make them take knees. Hardly a result of lack of disicpline by coaches. wasn't on coug sideline we had no idea how bad he was hurt.
[/quote]

understood... could you hear the cougar fans yelling for them to take a knee though?? I could hear it halfway up the stands on the dayton side.

Back to the actual football game. I was very surprised Merka never really got loose.
[/quote]

I was one of them. I thought for a team of what 70? it was reasonably fast. To be fair how logn would it have taken dayton if it had been Merka? to be fair we will never know but i think it would have been pretty close to the same. Takes time for people to get out of the I want to beat this team to O shoot this matters more than football.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="knightrider" post="891404" timestamp="1288415718"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75222.msg891393#msg891393 date=1288415336]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=75222.msg891390#msg891390 date=1288415228]
Hey kitty talk, Merka didn't impress me at all. yall are about the most classless team i've ever seen. we could play yall tomorrow and still kick yalls butts. i've seen dirty play before and beleve me, yall haven't changed a bit. Yall arwe the ones that won't go far in the play-offs. hope yall enjoyed the trophy for a year. might be 10 years before yall get it again. quit bellyaching and suck it up. the better team won. "GO BRONCOS" >:(
[/quote]

I believe said the better team won. Defense won the game exact quote. I luv when the Trailer trash gets Internet.
[/quote]You're a classless wimp Cougtalk
[/quote]

Yes lets question my "wimpyness" over an issue on the internet. I guess the Trailer Trash comment hit home... O well.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="891409" timestamp="1288415968"]
crosby will go out in 1st round and Dayton plays Brenham probably in round 2. Who knows, Thats why you play em. There is not a team in 4-a east of Houston that can at least challenge Brenham except for the Broncos. Certainly not Crosby.  
[/quote]

Don't have to play them. You won't challenge them at all.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="891409" timestamp="1288415968"]
crosby will go out in 1st round and Dayton plays Brenham probably in round 2. Who knows, Thats why you play em. There is not a team in 4-a east of Houston that can at least challenge Brenham except for the Broncos. Certainly not Crosby.  
[/quote]

Central has a better shot than Dayton. immo.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891412" timestamp="1288416057"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=75222.msg891409#msg891409 date=1288415968]
[/quote]

[/quote]

central won't play them either

[quote name="dayton" post="891416" timestamp="1288416178"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75222.msg891412#msg891412 date=1288416057]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=75222.msg891409#msg891409 date=1288415968]
[/quote]

[/quote]

central won't play them either
[/quote]

k didn't know their size.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891407" timestamp="1288415902"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=75222.msg891404#msg891404 date=1288415718]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75222.msg891393#msg891393 date=1288415336]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=75222.msg891390#msg891390 date=1288415228]
Hey kitty talk, Merka didn't impress me at all. yall are about the most classless team i've ever seen. we could play yall tomorrow and still kick yalls butts. i've seen dirty play before and beleve me, yall haven't changed a bit. Yall arwe the ones that won't go far in the play-offs. hope yall enjoyed the trophy for a year. might be 10 years before yall get it again. quit bellyaching and suck it up. the better team won. "GO BRONCOS" >:(
[/quote]

I believe said the better team won. Defense won the game exact quote. I luv when the Trailer trash gets Internet.
[/quote]You're a classless wimp Cougtalk
[/quote]

Yes lets question my "wimpyness" over an issue on the internet. I guess the Trailer Trash comment hit home... O well.
[/quote]No Cougtalk, trailer trash statement doesn't bother me at all, in fact i'm laughing over that one now. what i say is that you're beginning to run out of options. #1, Goose Creek kicked your butts,#2 DAYTON STOMPED YOUR BUTTS, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, #3 THE HILL IS GOING TO KICK YALLS BUTTS TOO BECAUSE THE HILL IS FOR REAL

Dont you think there is a reason Crosby only scored 3 points or that was all refs faults also. Many of these players on offense were on the same team as last year that went 4 rounds deep. And our defense can match up very well with most teams. You are nieve if you dont think we will get out of the first round.

Congrats i guess? The Broncos Defense won the game however the refs definitely helped that offense.
Like to point one thing about the Jakari play. 1) it was called a face mask not a horsecollar and 2) it was called by a ref 45 yards from the play looking at the face of Jakari (i.e. could only see the player fall backwards not the actual grasping point, not by the ref standing right next to the play. And as someone stated previously it wasn't a horse collar, i thought maybe when he tackled high he grabbed the mask, the idea that this play was in any way "dirty" is pathetic its a football game things happen.
Whining about the game hardly, it solidified two things for me 1) Crosby's Offense isn't that good because of a lack of legitimate running threat and the RB positions and 2) Stewart has 0 class.
To be fair Dayton did block well, minus the few blatant holds that weren't called, but hay their were 0 holds called on the cougs so lets assume it was evenly called.
However on both of the big 40 yard runs the inside guard grabbed the defenders and fell to the ground (a hold by any standard). You scored 2x garbage time tds on long run plays against a tired defense, hope that makes you think ur offense is good.  minus garbage time its 28-3 regardless of what youd like to argue i'd argue our victory last year was far more impressive, ill take 28 (35 minus inadvertent whistle on a pick 6) -0 is more impressive than tonights showing, congrats to the Broncos, don't expect to go very far in the playoffs if thats your best game. As soon as you meet a shutdown defense its gameover.

Well the idiot has arrived.  It’s football and things do happen.  So genius, tell me exactly how a player running forward at full speed falls BACKWARDS (your words)?  I know it may be tough but just think about the physics of it…he has to be pulled backwards by his upper body with the center of his body being used as point of leverage.  Sorry, but that’s the definition of a HORSECOLLAR tackle and I will say it again…IT IS A DIRTY PLAY. 
Solidified a few things for me as well 1) Dayton was 39 points better than Crosby 2) Flanders isn’t a very good coach.  Stewart did have class enough to be on the field for the National Anthem and make it out of the locker room before halftime ended for the second year in a row.
To be fair, Crosby was able to hit a few deep passes but could not capitalize.
Keep going back to last year’s win….whatever makes you feel good.  When you recover every fumble in a game of double digit fumbles, you had better win that game.  I guess I’m just not impressed anymore as dropping 40 on Crosby has become almost a yearly occurrence.  Yea, you don’t sound like sour grapes at all….
Sorry pal…call Stewart all the names you want and trash talk all day on this board and the banter is fun and fine and dandy.  THERE IS NEVER A REASON UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE THAT EITHER TEAM NOT BE ON THE FIELD FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.  You come out and you pay your respects to the flag, what it stands for, and the men who’ve died in service to it.  I know all my fellow veterans in Dayton do not appreciate that and I somehow doubt that any of your veterans there in Crosby appreciate it either.  Yet Stewart is the one with 0 class….you did hit the nail on the head, “pathetic!”

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891391" timestamp="1288415273"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75222.msg891376#msg891376 date=1288414741]
When you get 4+ fumbles (forced or not) inside your opponents 40 yd line... 28-0 is not an impressive win.

I don't really care rather tonight impressed you or not. A win is a win right.... that's what you said about ya'lls narrow victories over the weaker teams in our district.

I almost forgot.....

Class is being out on the field for the national anthem, or not delaying the game after the half. Not to mention, it took your own fans yelling at the Crosby team to take a knee. [b]After [/b] the stretcher came out, this was unacceptable. If Stewart has 0 class, your coach is in the negative numbers.

Cougtalk
[/quote]

obvious was an issue with clocks or lack their off in the Dressing rooms, this is never been an issue before.

Well to be fair everyone was on a knee and it took a very long time for the carting to occur. kids stood up eventually. Perhaps your cueing should have waited for both teams to be on the field FYI UIL sanctioned athletic events say the national anthem should not be played until both teams are on the field.

The level of Class from Dayton kids is funny when you start seeing how many times your kids were throwing shoves and facemask (that didn't get called), Your coach running up the score late shows 0 class. Your coaches literal message to our coaching staff that they would not shake hands post game is the tell all about your majestic coaches temperament.  O FYI the year he coached at crosby he had 6 separate violations that got HIM FIRED.

I luv how the lack of facilities within your stadium makes us CLASSLESS? how bout learning hospitality?
[/quote]

I've got it now....you've got a personal beef of some sort with Stewart and it just turns that screw every year when he dropkicks you to the curb.  Funny, you actually had a good coach over there for a year and ran him out of town as fast as you could.  Coach is responsible for having his team out on the field for the National Anthem.  Game is scheduled to begin at 7...how about we just wait around until Crosby can drag their butts onto the field before we get things going here.  He can't get a watch?  Did the same thing coming out of halftime at your stadium last year as well.  No clocks there either I guess.  6 violations of what exactly?  Not telling little Jimmy he was destined for the NFL.  You talked trash, you got your a$$ whooped...be a man and own it.

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="891172" timestamp="1288409737"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=75222.msg891141#msg891141 date=1288409298]
It looked late to me, but not terribly dirty.  Kind of waiting to see some video on that one.
[/quote]

Actually Tyrone, Jakari was horse collared and his forward momentum threw his legs out in front but not all the way causing them to bend wrong.  I had the misfortune of seeing it unfold.  [b]AND[/b] it was sad to see the Crosby team NOT taking "the knee" even when you could hear their [b]OWN FANS[/b] yelling for them to do so.

Anybody please let me know if I am wrong.  Don't want to misinform anyone on any player.
[/quote]

Absolutely correct, there own fans were telling them to take a knee.  CLASSLESS!!!!!  SAD!!

Congrats on the WIN Dayton. JD get well soon & My  PRAYERS are with you & you will be back. I thought the National Anthem move was not a good idea. I was impressed by #45 & 65 on defense. I do have one problem, about 75% of the senior class for Crosby is all about themselves, do not understand TEAM. I think when that class is gone things will get better in Crosby with the underclassmen we have coming up & the kids that are on Varsity now. Again CONGRATS

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="891314" timestamp="1288412835"]
From the video...
The Crosby player grabbed Jakari high up, but by the time he finally grabbed clothe, his hand was around the waist line.  The Crosby player was falling down and held on, Jakari planted his right foot, and his leg couldn't take the stress.  The tackle started up high, but it was NOT a horse collar, althought it sure did look like it.  Regardless... HEAL QUICKLY JAKARI!  Still sick at my stomach thinking of it.  Sometimes life isn't fair, but the tribulations we face in life make us stronger.
[/quote]
Toups check your pm

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="891391" timestamp="1288415273"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75222.msg891376#msg891376 date=1288414741]
When you get 4+ fumbles (forced or not) inside your opponents 40 yd line... 28-0 is not an impressive win.

I don't really care rather tonight impressed you or not. A win is a win right.... that's what you said about ya'lls narrow victories over the weaker teams in our district.

I almost forgot.....

Class is being out on the field for the national anthem, or not delaying the game after the half. Not to mention, it took your own fans yelling at the Crosby team to take a knee. [b]After [/b] the stretcher came out, this was unacceptable. If Stewart has 0 class, your coach is in the negative numbers.

Cougtalk
[/quote]

obvious was an issue with clocks or lack their off in the Dressing rooms, this is never been an issue before.

Well to be fair everyone was on a knee and it took a very long time for the carting to occur. kids stood up eventually. Perhaps your cueing should have waited for both teams to be on the field FYI UIL sanctioned athletic events say the national anthem should not be played until both teams are on the field.

The level of Class from Dayton kids is funny when you start seeing how many times your kids were throwing shoves and facemask (that didn't get called), Your coach running up the score late shows 0 class. Your coaches literal message to our coaching staff that they would not shake hands post game is the tell all about your majestic coaches temperament.  O FYI the year he coached at crosby he had 6 separate violations that got HIM FIRED.

I luv how the lack of facilities within your stadium makes us CLASSLESS? how bout learning hospitality?
[/quote]
Running the score up? The little pony (McBride) broke 2 runs for about 50 in the last qrt) learn to play some D / learn to play some O / u might have a chance

Need to give some gameballs out!

Lets start with the Daytons D Been lights out all year.
Daytons O-Line For physically dominating there opp.
McBride for his performance vs Crosby - Keep it up!
JD for setting the tone early against crosby Speedy recovery.
Last but not least X Baldwin in my opinion he provides the spark for the hole team.

Great job to all coaches on another [b]DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP![/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder