#2 KATY AT #6 WEST BROOK ON KFDM/Katy Wins!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="851203" timestamp="1284916615"]
Oh well....guess I'll go watch the Cowboys lose and complete my weekend of misery.         :(
[/quote]You're right about one thing......the Cowboys will lose. I just cant seem to put my faith in that team because they always find a way to lose. I'm rooting for the Texans this year! Yes, I'm a fair-weather fan! LOL!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="851178" timestamp="1284915023"]
This message was sent to me by a Katy friend on FB. This is his exact letter to me. Take it for what its worth.

You can post this on the Setxsports board if you like. Last night when we got to the school, all the players were talking about respect. Katy has a rule about social Media. They arent allowed to post on Twitter, Myspace or Facebook about an upcoming game. Coaches and Boosters manage it and search. They post, they don't play. Maybe it's a rule West Brook and other teams are should use....on the bus ride down, they were all handed sheets of paper that had several comments by #44 calling the Oline Slow and Soft,[b] but the one the really ticked them off was Reyes posting "About to beat the WHITE off of Katy".[/b]...we all say message boards mean nothing, to us they don't but to teenage, adreinaline filled football players....it fires them up even more.
[/quote]

Yeah...that really sounds like me... ::)...just checked the 99 posts that I have on that website...go check for yourself...then sutff it in your buddy's rear. :o

[quote name="SgtRey" post="851260" timestamp="1284919294"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg851178#msg851178 date=1284915023]
This message was sent to me by a Katy friend on FB. This is his exact letter to me. Take it for what its worth.

You can post this on the Setxsports board if you like. Last night when we got to the school, all the players were talking about respect. Katy has a rule about social Media. They arent allowed to post on Twitter, Myspace or Facebook about an upcoming game. Coaches and Boosters manage it and search. They post, they don't play. Maybe it's a rule West Brook and other teams are should use....on the bus ride down, they were all handed sheets of paper that had several comments by #44 calling the Oline Slow and Soft,[b] but the one the really ticked them off was Reyes posting "About to beat the WHITE off of Katy".[/b]...we all say message boards mean nothing, to us they don't but to teenage, adreinaline filled football players....it fires them up even more.
[/quote]

Yeah...that really sounds like me... ::)...just checked the 99 posts that I have on that website...go check for yourself...then sutff it in your buddy's rear. :o
[/quote]

It was Jr.

Bruce W ReyesAbout to leave to Brook. Justin will be with us I know he will. He will be watching I know it. Time to beat the white out of Katy. Im out!on Saturday

[quote name="SgtRey" post="851260" timestamp="1284919294"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg851178#msg851178 date=1284915023]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Mr. Rey I don't believe you would post anything like that.  I will say this the Katy coaches have this hush, hush thing that they do to pump our boys up. It hasn't been confirmed but several fans believe that when they have a tough opponent coming up they do things like write these notes and pass them out and say the other teams wrote them just to get the boys pumped up. We played a Florida team 2 years ago and there was a black R.I.P. wreath delivered to the fieldhouse with all the Katy's players name on it. It supposedly was delivered by the Florida team and it called us kitty cats and the fieldhouse was a litter box, etc... Kinda suspicious that everytime we have a big game something usually surfaces that the other school did. I don't buy it it's all the coaches trying to get the boys mad and pumped.  It tends to work thou.

[quote name="Westside" post="851274" timestamp="1284920367"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73133.msg851260#msg851260 date=1284919294]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Mr. Rey I don't believe you would post anything like that.  I will say this the Katy coaches have this hush, hush thing that they do to pump our boys up. It hasn't been confirmed but several fans believe that when they have a tough opponent coming up they do things like write these notes and pass them out and say the other teams wrote them just to get the boys pumped up. We played a Florida team 2 years ago and there was a black R.I.P. wreath delivered to the fieldhouse with all the Katy's players name on it. It supposedly was delivered by the Florida team and it called us kitty cats and the fieldhouse was a litter box, etc... Kinda suspicious that everytime we have a big game something usually surfaces that the other school did. I don't buy it it's all the coaches trying to get the boys mad and pumped.  It tends to work thou.
[/quote]

Well I just saw it....it's on facebook if you have an account. dosent really matter though. Kids being Kids

[quote name="pe2009" post="851266" timestamp="1284919782"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Jr.

Bruce W ReyesAbout to leave to Brook. Justin will be with us I know he will. He will be watching I know it. Time to beat the white out of Katy. Im out!on Saturday
[/quote]
Oh...I thought ya'll were sayin it was me....82 don't stick it up your buddies rear, he may not like it ;D....it didn't sound like me...Well, they were a little emotional about missing there Stud left tackle....he wasn't even able to attend the game....but I disagree with beating the white out of Katy statement...I think it's funny that your coaches can't fire the kids up and have to find things online to motivate kids....I guess what ever works....kids being kids....his signature on his txt msg was THIS ONE IS FOR JUSTIN...he's tight with his OLINE...

[quote name="SgtRey" post="851286" timestamp="1284920947"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg851266#msg851266 date=1284919782]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Jr.

[/quote]
Oh...I thought ya'll were sayin it was me....82 don't stick it up your buddies rear, he may not like it ;D....it didn't sound like me...Well, they were a little emotional about missing there Stud left tackle....he wasn't even able to attend the game....but I disagree with beating the white out of Katy statement...I think it's funny that your coaches can't fire the kids up and have to find things online to motivate kids....I guess what ever works....kids being kids....his signature on his txt msg was THIS ONE IS FOR JUSTIN...he's tight with his OLINE...
[/quote]

Would have loved to see him come back.......the running threat was gone when Stump came in......

[quote name="pe2009" post="851293" timestamp="1284921140"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73133.msg851286#msg851286 date=1284920947]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg851266#msg851266 date=1284919782]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Jr.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Would have loved to see him come back.......the running threat was gone when Stump came in......
[/quote]
8 car for 70 + yards in a qtr and some change...too many turnovers though

Backing up a few pages on this thread, I am appalled as to what has taken place.  We have gone from fun and smacking to actually calling out players particularly 2 of them by revealing names and or numbers.  This was actually fueled by a moderator who is supposed to catch such crud and remove it because player bashing is forbidden.

Additionally, it is quite easy to take things out of text such as the usage of capitalizing specific words to gain a certain effect.  What I understand is missing from the reality of the pre-game build up, is how a few players were responding to a couple of local events involving their peers and team mates. There are quite a few very mature comments that really exist out there but just dont seem to be newsworthy to many of us.  This folks, is sad and irresponsible of us.  

Finally IMO i am not interested in another teams policy regarding private  and public comments because it can be considered an infringement upon ones constitutional rights to not allow them  speak their mind.  I carefully say this because i do believe a person should be held responsible for what they say.  In this instance, i do not see any wrongdoing here other than some of us adults getting there noses out of joint.  

Lets remember to leave the kids alone and let them enjoy the game they play to entertain us.  ROOT for your team, and congratulate the teams that beat you and try not to get involved in embarressing  either of these two.

Katy won this game because they outscored the entire West Brook Team.  But i still love this group of talented young men who seem to grow a little more each week.  

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="851318" timestamp="1284923285"]
Backing up a few pages on this thread, I am appalled as to what has taken place.  We have gone from fun and smacking to actually calling out players particularly 2 of them by revealing names and or numbers.  This was actually fueled by a moderator who is supposed to catch such crud and remove it because player bashing is forbidden.

Additionally, it is quite easy to take things out of text such as the usage of capitalizing specific words to gain a certain effect.  What I understand is missing from the reality of the pre-game build up, is how a few players were responding to a couple of local events involving their peers and team mates. There a quite a few very mature comments that really exist out there but just dont seem to be newsworthy to many of us.  This folks is sad and irresponsible of us. 

Finally IMO i am not interested in another teams policy regarding private  and public comments because it can be considered an infringement upon ones constitutional rights to not allow them  speak their mind.  I carefully say this because i do believe a person should be held responsible for what they say.  In this instance, i do not see any wrongdoing here other than some of us adults getting there noses out of joint. 

Lets remember to leave the kids alone and let them enjoy the game they play to entertain us.  ROOT for your team, and congratulate the teams that beat you and try not to get involved in embarressing  either of these two.

Katy won this game because they outscored the entire West Brook Team.  But i still love this group of talented young men who seem to grow a little more each week. 
[/quote]
Very good post...unfortunately, I can only give you one point of KARMA...but I can bless you...

ASAMAEOOOOO......ASAMAEOOOOOO......el juuuuuicy fruity fresh and fruitttyyyyyy breakfaaaaaaaaaaasssst......aaaaameennn.

there you have been blessed by Sgt Rey.... 8)

The truth is Westbrook never had a chance. Its all good and fun to be a fan and root for your team but seriously.......Katy is a powerhouse. Its funny to read all these posts saying they got lucky and if the QB had not gotten shaken up it would have been different. The truth is it probobly would have been worse because Katy would have kept rolling through WB. Westbrook is a solid team and we all hope they do well the rest of the season, but when its all said and done Katy is in a class by themselves. I am not even a Katy fan either, just a football lover and supporter.

[quote name="pe2009" post="851266" timestamp="1284919782"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Jr.

[/quote]On FB!

[quote name="SmackEmNdaFace" post="851415" timestamp="1284928401"]
The truth is Westbrook never had a chance. Its all good and fun to be a fan and root for your team but seriously.......Katy is a powerhouse. Its funny to read all these posts saying they got lucky and if the QB had not gotten shaken up it would have been different. The truth is it probobly would have been worse because Katy would have kept rolling through WB. Westbrook is a solid team and we all hope they do well the rest of the season, but when its all said and done Katy is in a class by themselves. I am not even a Katy fan either, just a football lover and supporter.
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="SmackEmNdaFace" post="851415" timestamp="1284928401"]
[/quote]one word-----Abilene    :D

Have not posted for several reasons.  But this is what I got out of the game - WB is not as bad as the score indicates and Katy is not as good as the score indicates.  Katy is an all around team with talent and depth - this is what years of a great program will do.  WB I think is at the beginning of that ladder.  The are stating a program that has every chance to be what Katy is and soon.  WB should and will compete well into the playoffs - just use this game as a learning tool.

Hope you do wll the rest of the season WB you deserve it.

[quote name="Scouter09" post="851013" timestamp="1284876058"]
[quote author=sfa87 link=topic=73133.msg850636#msg850636 date=1284857538]
alot of people r moving to katy and the tide is changing all the skill playas 4 katy is black and also their secondary, color has nuthing to do wit it, katy is also recruiting as well, there rb woods played for humble two years ago so dat should tell you sumthn
[/quote]
The Senior RB is Donnavonn Young, and his dad played for Katy....back in the eighties.  Is there something wrong with a son wanting to play where his dad did???  That's not recruitment, it's attraction.  Get your facts straight before you post.  
[/quote]

Was he the back that was at Humble & then moved to Katy?  The same thing happened at Southlake Carroll after they won a couple of state titles.  Started having the sons of former NFL players moving into the district.  If WB won a couple of back to back to back state titles, you would start to see move ins here in good ole Beaumont. 

[quote name="OldTimer" post="851796" timestamp="1284951112"]
Have not posted for several reasons.  But this is what I got out of the game - WB is not as bad as the score indicates and Katy is not as good as the score indicates.  Katy is an all around team with talent and depth - this is what years of a great program will do.  WB I think is at the beginning of that ladder.  The are stating a program that has every chance to be what Katy is and soon.  WB should and will compete well into the playoffs - just use this game as a learning tool.

Hope you do wll the rest of the season WB you deserve it.
[/quote]
Thank you sir...I'm glad someone else saw the same thing I did...

I did not go to the game, and I wasn't able to see it on streaming video.  However, after reading several posts and the newspapers, I echo the sentiments of Old Timer.  West Brook will be fine.  You cannot turn the ball over and expect to win, especially against a quality team like Katy.  Maybe it was jitters, or whatever, but I think that West Brook will use this as a learning experience, should they meet again.  And add to the fact that you lose your starting QB in the second quarter does not help either.  Not making excuses for West Brook, just stating the obvious.

I saw the same thing happen to PAM against Katy in a playoff game in the Astrodome.  PAM QB had already thrown for 2 touchdowns in the first quarter alone.  Katy could not stop PAM, until the PAM starting QB suffered a concussion in the second quarter, just outside the red zone.  Katy won the game, but Jamaal Charles rushed for 227 yards in a losing effort.

My point is, I think that West Brook will be fine.  The score is indicative of what happens when you lose your starting QB, and turn the ball over 5 times to a good team.  They will make you pay.  I expect the Brook to bounce back and get back to their winning ways.  Also, I like Katy coaches rule about no posting on any of the media forums.  Too much trash talking, and you don't want to give your opponent any poster board material.

Best wishes to all teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder