#2 KATY AT #6 WEST BROOK ON KFDM/Katy Wins!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="850895" timestamp="1284865203"]
Katy got lucky? Give me a break they came out took care of the ball and controlled the game. Did Reyes get hurt change the game? absolutely. But Katy executed and took care of the ball. They were not lucky.

Give stump a break. The kid got thrown in there against the number 2 team in the STATE. I'm sure he wasnt even expecting to play that much.
[/quote]
Your right---we got it handed to us.  I think we should take KATY of our schedule and play another local team----Can you help us schedule such a game Kelly Basketball??
ROFLMAO

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="850898" timestamp="1284865386"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=73133.msg850895#msg850895 date=1284865203]
Katy got lucky? Give me a break they came out took care of the ball and controlled the game. Did Reyes get hurt change the game? absolutely. But Katy executed and took care of the ball. They were not lucky.

Give stump a break. The kid got thrown in there against the number 2 team in the STATE. I'm sure he wasnt even expecting to play that much.
[/quote]
Your right---we got it handed to us.  I think we should take KATY of our schedule and play another local team----Can you help us schedule such a game Kelly Basketball??
ROFLMAO
[/quote]

You guys scheduled Katy....You want Kelly to play Katy...hmmm they have roughly 6 times the students we do? It takes away alot from the Katy players to say they were lucky. I guess it was lucky when they came out in the second half and threw a touchdown pass? Westbrook had alot of miscues but don't take away from the Katy kids. Typical poster on here. I didn't say anything derogatory about WB, in fact I do believe I stuck up for Stump? And you bring up something completely unrelated.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="850904" timestamp="1284865752"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=73133.msg850898#msg850898 date=1284865386]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=73133.msg850895#msg850895 date=1284865203]

[/quote]
ROFLMAO
[/quote]

You guys scheduled Katy....You want Kelly to play Katy...hmmm they have roughly 6 times the students we do? It takes away alot from the Katy players to say they were lucky. I guess it was lucky when they came out in the second half and threw a touchdown pass? Westbrook had alot of miscues but don't take away from the Katy kids. Typical poster on here. I didn't say anything derogatory about WB, in fact I do believe I stuck up for Stump? And you bring up something completely unrelated.
[/quote]N E WAY, On to next week....Tyler Lee, got to come back and get better!

[quote name="SgtRey" post="850881" timestamp="1284864798"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg850792#msg850792 date=1284861726]
OK, let me just start out by saying this...Katy is the real deal. Plain and simple. WB's game plan was not wrong, IMO, but when you turn the ball over 5 times in the first half, and they score on all those TO's....that was the equalizer here folks. WB could play with this team. In the first half, they could not drive the field against us. WB, on the other hand, was moving the ball fairly well against the state's best defense. The game changed when Reyes went down. Stump was not ready to face a defense like Katy's, and it showed when he tried to run the offense. Reyes will be OK, and will probably be back next week against Lee. My hats off to Katy, ya'll were the best team tonight. I would have like to have seen what we might have been able to do against ya'll if Reyes hadn't gotten hurt. Katy was able to capitalize on our mistakes and fumbles, and that is what makes them one of the state's premier teams. Katy will win the state title this year, IMO. Bruins will be fine, and will live to play another day.
[/quote]I agree...but no one knew he wasn't 100% before the game and did pretty good...we'll see each other in the play offs for round two!....yea I want some more!
[/quote]It would be the third round....and no, you dont want any more. In 2000, Katy played Alief Elsik in the regular season and won 49-3. In the playoffs that year, Katy won 54-14. In 2002, Katy played Humble in the regular saeson and won 37-36. In the playoffs, Katy beat them 24-7. In 2004, Katy played Jersey Village and won 21-14 in the regular season. In the playoffs that year, Katy won 31-7. SO you see, Katy doesn't falter in the playoffs....they only get better. I could do fine without seeing them again this year.

I don't know where to stot much I can really say.  Other posters have touched on some great points...Katy thrived on Brook turnoversand made their living in Brook territory for must of the first half. Didn't help any when Reyes went out... Little Stump was thrown in the fire.Remember, folk, he's a Backup QB.  Brook's defense did well to say that they were backed on their side of the field.They did good in slowing Katy's big RB.  Katy did what they did well. Capitalizing on Turnovers which is what good teams do. On Offense, Katy kept it vanella by running at you and playaction passes.  Hats off to Katy. Brook will be fine...  When Reyes comes back, they will be ready to do their thing in district.  Just a word of advise...  Use that running game more..  It's there all night...

I almost failed to tell the BRUIN team that regardless of the outcome---I think they showed lots of heart tonight.  They never gave up (with exception of the football itself a few times  :o), they made lots of big hits and big plays.  The defense was impressive and the score will not do them justice. 

You guys are definetly my team of choice and I am proud to be a fan.  Get your heads up and be who you already are.  The Best !!!  8)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="850951" timestamp="1284869373"]
I almost failed to tell the BRUIN team that regardless of the outcome---[b]I think they showed lots of heart tonight.  They never gave up[/b] (with exception of the football itself a few times  :o), they made lots of big hits and big plays.  The defense was impressive and the score will not do them justice. 

You guys are definetly my team of choice and I am proud to be a fan.  Get your heads up and be who you already are.  The Best !!!  8)
[/quote] Speak for yourself, cause it looked to me like our offense kinda quit when Reyes went out. Oh well, on to Tyler Lee.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850961" timestamp="1284869964"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=73133.msg850951#msg850951 date=1284869373]
I almost failed to tell the BRUIN team that regardless of the outcome---[b]I think they showed lots of heart tonight.  They never gave up[/b] (with exception of the football itself a few times  :o), they made lots of big hits and big plays.  The defense was impressive and the score will not do them justice. 

[/quote] Speak for yourself, cause it looked to me like our offense kinda quit when Reyes went out. Oh well, on to Tyler Lee.
[/quote]I think Tyler Lee beat the Woodlands last night  ;)

Riding home, I was reading this board and saw some of the most comical statements ever..paraphrasing "Katy got lucky Reyes went out"..."Katy recruits, look at their black skill players, Woods(we dont have a player named Woods) was recruited" yadda yadda yadda....I had a long response typed up, but decided not to stoop to that level because I know those kinds of comments dont represent West Brook and Setxsports.com as a whole.

Now to the game....Just like last year, West Brook wasnt going to let Katy beat them with the run....that was a weird defense, what was it, a 4-5-2???? add that with the fact that Katy had a short field all night due to turnovers(a lot were forced), the stats werent too impressive. Now, if West Brook wants to be considered as one of the States elite.....they CAN'T rely that much on ONE player.....Reyes started off well, but it was just a matter of time before Katy made adjustments....Great TEAMS can't be so reliant on one player, there was a HUGE drop off once he went out. It was obvious Katy went vanilla and worked on some plays in "Game time situation" once the score got 35-7.......Katy could have scored 70 if they tried..2's and 3's were in the second series of the 3rd quarter. Pressure busts pipes, Pressure caused the first pick of the game, and when Reyes went out......WB's entire OFFENSE went out....that has to change before the Bruins can be taken serious as one of the regions Heavyweights.....The PAM and North Shore games arent gimmies. Bruins can either LEARN from this.....or go into a downward spiral.
Great game.

[quote name="KG03bruins7" post="850855" timestamp="1284863730"]
Good game brook ... Congrats to katy on the win.. I'm going say and be done with it katy got lucky plain and simple. WB is the real deal with bruce reyes this kid is amazing I'm proud to be a bruin. Time to get ready for next week GO GET 'EM BROOK.....
[/quote] Look guys I hate to be a party pooper but I don't like the word lucky. Katy has been to too many playoffs, state games, and won many championships. I don't think that luck played a factor in Katy becoming the team that they are today.  Another thing I know is it sucks that your starting QB was hurt. But the QB didn't have anything to do with Katy putting up 45 points, that was WB defense! With Reyes in there or not those points would have been still there. Yeah if Reyes was in there it might have had WB put up a couple of more points. But by the second half it would have been all Katy.  That's how Katy works they wear down their opponents, the defense causes fumbles, and in the second half make the adjustments neccesary to win their games. This is not luck because it happens to alot of other teams as well.  Look what happen to North Shore.  Now North Shore is back to putting up big scores. This is how Katy works it didn't just happen to you it happens to every team that has played Katy. Katy has played at a different level of football for several years now. I know it seems like the fans are arrogant and they do alot of smack talking. But I guess you have to be a Katy fan who has watched the team play all it's games year after year to see and understand how unbelievable this team really is. Katy just beat three very good teams by 40 plus points in each game. You think that is luck?  I don't think it is and I don't think other schools in Houston would say that.

[quote name="Westside" post="850992" timestamp="1284873996"]
[quote author=KG03bruins7 link=topic=73133.msg850855#msg850855 date=1284863730]
Good game brook ... Congrats to katy on the win.. I'm going say and be done with it katy got lucky plain and simple. WB is the real deal with bruce reyes this kid is amazing I'm proud to be a bruin. Time to get ready for next week GO GET 'EM BROOK.....
[/quote] Look guys I hate to be a party pooper but I don't like the word lucky. Katy has been to too many playoffs, state games, and won many championships. I don't think that luck played a factor in Katy becoming the team that they are today.  Another thing I know is it sucks that your starting QB was hurt. But the QB didn't have anything to do with Katy putting up 45 points, that was WB defense! With Reyes in there or not those points would have been still there. Yeah if Reyes was in there it might have had WB put up a couple of more points. But by the second half it would have been all Katy.  That's how Katy works they wear down their opponents, the defense causes fumbles, and in the second half make the adjustments neccesary to win their games. This is not luck because it happens to alot of other teams as well.  Look what happen to North Shore.  Now North Shore is back to putting up big scores. This is how Katy works it didn't just happen to you it happens to every team that has played Katy. Katy has played at a different level of football for several years now. I know it seems like the fans are arrogant and they do alot of smack talking. But I guess you have to be a Katy fan who has watched the team play all it's games year after year to see and understand how unbelievable this team really is. Katy just beat three very good teams by 40 plus points in each game. You think that is luck?  I don't think it is and I don't think other schools in Houston would say that.
[/quote]
Katy gets no credit because they dont have "style" points.....you can't name a "stud" player.....they dont have a fancy offense....Katy is a machine.....if anyone is lucky, it's WB, Katy decided to have "practice" in the second half and not run their regular offense. They ran the same pass play over and over until they hit it and then took the starters out. They used a road game against the state's 6th rank team as a "practice".....

So it was 45-7 when the katy starters came out? Hum... Sounds like the Brook got Lucky that the coaches felt their 3-4 days of practice where enough before the game.

Thats a butt whooping any way you slice it. Now when people use words like lucky... i laugh. in the end Katy will be playing for a State Title and Brook will be at home, simply Katy doesn't need luck.

Also i remember a smart man saying Luck is when hard work and Opportunity meet.

[quote name="pe2009" post="850993" timestamp="1284874241"]
[quote author=Westside link=topic=73133.msg850992#msg850992 date=1284873996]
[quote author=KG03bruins7 link=topic=73133.msg850855#msg850855 date=1284863730]
[/quote]
Katy gets no credit because they dont have "style" points.....you can't name a "stud" player.....they dont have a fancy offense....Katy is a machine.....if anyone is lucky, it's WB, Katy decided to have "practice" in the second half and not run their regular offense. They ran the same pass play over and over until they hit it and then took the starters out. They used a road game against the state's 6th rank team as a "practice".....
[/quote]
What would you have liked to see from Katy?  A win is a win. WB only has a good team because of Reyes he's all you have and that was proven tonight. You have one player that makes the team look good, where is the style in that? The way I see it is if Reyes was in there it was going to come down to who can put up and win by the most points. But as a Katy fan watching this team play for many years, game after game the defense would have tired them out and shut them down by 2nd qtr. You can believe that cuz I've seen it year after year, game after game. It takes Katys offense 1 quarter to get adjusted to the offense. It happen with North Shore and it happen with Alief Taylor. As far as I'm concerned is WB has allowed the previous teams they played to put up some points on them. If the defense allowed this then right there is a win, win situation for Katy!

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="850999" timestamp="1284874958"]
So it was 45-7 when the katy starters came out? Hum... Sounds like the Brook got Lucky that the coaches felt their 3-4 days of practice where enough before the game.

Thats a butt whooping any way you slice it. Now when people use words like lucky... i laugh. in the end Katy will be playing for a State Title and Brook will be at home, simply Katy doesn't need luck.

[/quote]
35-7 at the half.....Katy receives kick to start the 3rd....run the same play they tried 4 times on the last drive of the 1st half......hits it for 68 yards, punched it in from the 1.....2 plays 69 yards 42-7...West Brook fumbles the ensuing kickoff....Katy ball, they try the SAME play 3 more times....kick a 43 yard fg and started playing everyone on the bench.

Last I remember football is about a team. Katy don't need stud players or D1 players. The whole team contributes and I'll take that over a one "stud" player on the team anyday. The only people that you should be mad at is THE WB DEFENSE!!!! Katy gets lucky? Yeah we get lucky to state year after year.  Oh I know I just figured it out, WB that new stadium you built it's "cursed"!  Yeah everytime from now on when you lose in the stadium it's because it's "cursed"! Now there's an excuse for you.

[quote name="pe2009" post="851004" timestamp="1284875157"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=73133.msg850999#msg850999 date=1284874958]

[/quote]
35-7 at the half.....Katy receives kick to start the 3rd....run the same play they tried 4 times on the last drive of the 1st half......hits it for 68 yards, punched it in from the 1.....2 plays 69 yards 42-7...West Brook fumbles the ensuing kickoff....Katy ball, they try the SAME play 3 more times....kick a 43 yard fg and started playing everyone on the bench.
[/quote]Well if they are using the same play then WB should have caught on to them and stopped them.  Believe me we have many other plays and some secret ones we could have used in case we would have been down. But if your winning why use them?  If the running game is working why should we pass?  If the passing game is working why should we run it?  And if we keep using the same play over and over 5 -6 times and winning why use anything from our bag of tricks? The goal is to win people and I think we accomplished that.

[quote name="sfa87" post="850636" timestamp="1284857538"]
alot of people r moving to katy and the tide is changing all the skill playas 4 katy is black and also their secondary, color has nuthing to do wit it, katy is also recruiting as well, there rb woods played for humble two years ago so dat should tell you sumthn
[/quote]
The Senior RB is Donnavonn Young, and his dad played for Katy....back in the eighties.  Is there something wrong with a son wanting to play where his dad did???  That's not recruitment, it's attraction.  Get your facts straight before you post.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02