#2 KATY AT #6 WEST BROOK ON KFDM/Katy Wins!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my last post as I think the board is no longer about analyzing games, just trash talk.  Injuries, as I stated were a factor.  Both starting cornerbacks and Brock did not start, but injury reports should be left off of the board.  Good luck to WB for the future.

OK, let me just start out by saying this...Katy is the real deal. Plain and simple. WB's game plan was not wrong, IMO, but when you turn the ball over 5 times in the first half, and they score on all those TO's....that was the equalizer here folks. WB could play with this team. In the first half, they could not drive the field against us. WB, on the other hand, was moving the ball fairly well against the state's best defense. The game changed when Reyes went down. Stump was not ready to face a defense like Katy's, and it showed when he tried to run the offense. Reyes will be OK, and will probably be back next week against Lee. My hats off to Katy, ya'll were the best team tonight. I would have like to have seen what we might have been able to do against ya'll if Reyes hadn't gotten hurt. Katy was able to capitalize on our mistakes and fumbles, and that is what makes them one of the state's premier teams. Katy will win the state title this year, IMO. Bruins will be fine, and will live to play another day.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850844" timestamp="1284863333"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=73133.msg850820#msg850820 date=1284862667]
lil Stump needs to be a bit more calm when in the game. WB will be fine.
[/quote]I agree. He doesn't have the poise that Reyes has. That, and timing, comes with experience.
[/quote]

It was a tough night to get tested

[quote name="mat" post="850848" timestamp="1284863438"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg850844#msg850844 date=1284863333]
[/quote]I agree. He doesn't have the poise that Reyes has. That, and timing, comes with experience.
[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, it was. Katy was just a better team tonight. Plain and simple. They didnt make mistakes. And when you play mistake-free football, your chances of winning increase dramatically.

[quote name="mat" post="850848" timestamp="1284863438"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg850844#msg850844 date=1284863333]
[/quote]

[/quote]it will pay off come playoff time, trust me.

[quote name="scooter!" post="850858" timestamp="1284863865"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=73133.msg850848#msg850848 date=1284863438]
[/quote]

[/quote]it will pay off come playoff time, trust me.
[/quote]i agree with you on that. Lil Stump will only be a better backup with the experience he got tonight.

[quote name="KG03bruins7" post="850855" timestamp="1284863730"]
Good game brook ... Congrats to katy on the win.. I'm going say and be done with it katy got lucky plain and simple. WB is the real deal with bruce reyes this kid is amazing I'm proud to be a bruin. Time to get ready for next week GO GET 'EM BROOK.....
[/quote]The thing that bothers me the most, was how much the offense fell off without Reyes in there. That is not good, folks. I mean, Stump had problems running the option (one of our turnovers). When your offense is built around one person, and that person is not there anymore, problems can arise. Based on what I was told at the game, Reyes will be fine. Had Katy not come out after the half and scored those quick 10 points, (again on turnovers) I think he might have gotten back in the game. But after that, it was like, "whats the point"? Let #8 get some playing experience. WB, I hope, learned alot from this game. I believe we will be able to apply it to the rest of the season. Pick your chins up, guys. There's still alot of football to play.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850792" timestamp="1284861726"]
OK, let me just start out by saying this...Katy is the real deal. Plain and simple. WB's game plan was not wrong, IMO, but when you turn the ball over 5 times in the first half, and they score on all those TO's....that was the equalizer here folks. WB could play with this team. In the first half, they could not drive the field against us. WB, on the other hand, was moving the ball fairly well against the state's best defense. The game changed when Reyes went down. Stump was not ready to face a defense like Katy's, and it showed when he tried to run the offense. Reyes will be OK, and will probably be back next week against Lee. My hats off to Katy, ya'll were the best team tonight. I would have like to have seen what we might have been able to do against ya'll if Reyes hadn't gotten hurt. Katy was able to capitalize on our mistakes and fumbles, and that is what makes them one of the state's premier teams. Katy will win the state title this year, IMO. Bruins will be fine, and will live to play another day.
[/quote]I agree...but no one knew he wasn't 100% before the game and did pretty good...we'll see each other in the play offs for round two!....yea I want some more!

Team Stats
                      Katy      Beaumont West Brook
Total yards      286          216
First downs        12            10
Rushes/Yds    35/116      32/118
Average rush    3.31        3.69
Comp/Atts    11/21/2      8/18/2
Pass yards        170            98
Comp pct        52.38      44.44
Punts                3              4
Punting Yards    97          143
Punting Average 32.33    35.75
Fumbles/Lost    0/0          0/4
Penalties-yards  5-40        5-45

Katy got lucky? Give me a break they came out took care of the ball and controlled the game. Did Reyes get hurt change the game? absolutely. But Katy executed and took care of the ball. They were not lucky.

Give stump a break. The kid got thrown in there against the number 2 team in the STATE. I'm sure he wasnt even expecting to play that much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder