#2 KATY AT #6 WEST BROOK ON KFDM/Katy Wins!!!

WOSgrad

Guest BIG HOUSE
Well the Brook won't be # 6 any more.....Prolly don't want to see Katy no more either...As for next week...Prolly be more of the same....
Maybe they could reschedule and get maybe Ozen or Central again.. ;D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you guys really do have a good team.  Lots of options and depth to work with.  Man not only are you guys a machine but you have your own parts warehouse.  But you guys rather than hear you played a good game---you want to attack one single word from a poster---the L-word.  Geeze you should have that confidence not to defend such an outstanding program.  where did that tiny bit of insecurity come from.

My question is "whats wrong with a little bit of luck very now and then?  " :-\

Good Game Katy....WB is a team...doesn't rely on one player....KATY - 14, WB 7 , 9:36 seconds left in the 2nd QT....no one will never know the outcome if Jr had not gotten hurt...he landed wrong it happens...durability wise(someone commented it was bound to happen)...2 plays he missed last year(no plays against Katy; IKE and PAM)...but listen Katy won.(period) There was no luck, they didn't throw a hailmary to win this game! they won it and we helped big time!  I know we can play with them and they know we can too....If Reyes was the difference so be it.  If it did matter, to some Katy fan, If Reyes was in, they would have scored 100...well, that one I have to disagree with...speculation...then I can say WB would have scored 101! ;)....either way, good game Katy...stay healthy and god bless!  I hope to see yall in the playoffs, I know the road to STATE goes thru Katy....we'll be ready for the trip down I 10 when the day comes.

The loss to Katy wasn't unexpected.  They are no doubt the better team.  What bothers me the most was how we did AFTER Lil Rey left the field.  I thought we had a TEAM.  With 18 OTHER returning players, I was expecting more umph!  It looked like an army that lost the general.  Demoralized.  Lil Stump did the best he could but it showed he wasn't prepared to play against Katy.  Really?!?  Why not?  Injuries happen.  Solid teams have backup plans, even backups to backups.  Regardless, they did better after Lil Stump settled in.  That should prepare them better for district play and on to next year.
Congratulations Katy, and Go Bruins!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="851008" timestamp="1284875676"]
I hate that the Brook lost because you have to hear how Htown is always superior (west of the trinity).  That said, I'll take a great system with great coaches with good players all day long.  Will win the vast majority of your games and Katy proves that year in year out.  [b]Our local programs should emulate what they do.[/b][/quote]AGREED! Whatever they're doing, it's obviously working.

[quote name="Newbie" post="851065" timestamp="1284905085"]
The loss to Katy wasn't unexpected.  They are no doubt the better team.  What bothers me the most was how we did AFTER Lil Rey left the field.  I thought we had a TEAM.  With 18 OTHER returning players, I was expecting more umph!  It looked like an army that lost the general.  Demoralized.  Lil Stump did the best he could but it showed he wasn't prepared to play against Katy.  Really?!?  Why not?  Injuries happen.  Solid teams have backup plans, even backups to backups. [b] Regardless, they did better after Lil Stump settled in.[/b]  That should prepare them better for district play and on to next year.
Congratulations Katy, and Go Bruins!
[/quote]Yeah, against Katy's 3's and 4's. He wasn't going to do anything against their 1's.....and didn't. Except turn the ball over. But as you said, everyone will learn from this experience and will hopefully improve. I just hope we dont run into that Tiger Buzsaw again this year. I dont want any part of that again, because the outcome will be the same. Trust me. Katy was toying with us in the second half.

Yes, Brooks 1's(minus reyes) moved the ball well and got two scores against Katy's 3's and 4's. But Stump still gets game experience. West Brook cant be to reliant on a single player....as for Katy...you saw the same offense when the backups came in....they are a TEAM....WB had probably the most returning experience than any team in the state and just showed the rest of the state that if you stop Reyes, you stop West Brook.....West Brook stopped #22 for Katy, they brought in #28....Stopped #28, they used the FB....Stopped the FB, They went to the air....balance and depth...

[quote name="pe2009" post="851087" timestamp="1284907129"]
Yes, Brooks 1's(minus reyes) moved the ball well and got two scores against Katy's 3's and 4's. But Stump still gets game experience. West Brook cant be to reliant on a single player....as for Katy...you saw the same offense when the backups came in....they are a TEAM....WB had probably the most returning experience than any team in the state and just showed the rest of the state that if you stop Reyes, you stop West Brook.....West Brook stopped #22 for Katy, they brought in #28....Stopped #28, they used the FB....Stopped the FB, They went to the air....balance and depth...
[/quote]
your right PE...I hope to see ya'll in the playoffs...I think we will grow this in the season...and be ready for a rematch...with a healthier TEAM...

[quote name="SgtRey" post="851089" timestamp="1284907397"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg851087#msg851087 date=1284907129]
[/quote]
your right PE...I hope to see ya'll in the playoffs...I think we will grow this in the season...and be ready for a rematch...with a healthier TEAM...
[/quote]
Beat Lee, get the confidence back......No shame in losing to Katy. Learn from it, thats what Non-district is for.

West Book's game plan was to stop the big Katy RB, which they did a good job on.  I do admit, but the safety comming up, they did allow that playaction pass (the play they ran like 7 or 8 times) to the tight end and one to the top reciever burn them.  Adjustments should have been made.  Blitz down the middle.  Katy's QB had all day long to step up in the pocket and make the RIGHT decision.  Now, make no mistake, Katy did cause Reyes into turnovers (the intercepiton in Katy territory and the fumble in West Brook territory). So that proves that Katy's game plan was working.  They play disciplined football, but I did see some things that Brook could have done better.  And stupid penalties on drives and 3 and outs are not one of them.  

BTW, I love Katy's offense.  I formation, counters, Lead run plays, sweep pitches, and playaction passes.  THAT'S my kind of offense.  Non of that spread crap.  That's just my 2 cents...   ;) ;)

Believe it or not, I came out of that came fairly optimistic.  We were actually able to run at Katy some and we were able to shut down their running game.  The obvious trade off was man coverage downfield on the play-action passes, but at least that gives us a chance.    They made a couple of great catches to keep drives alive.  We would have no chance if we couldn't stop the run(ie Cinco).  I would like to play those guys again.  I think it would be a much closer game.

[quote name="ballin4life" post="851128" timestamp="1284910732"]
keep yo head up wb you played a powerhouse,but like they say ''TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE BEST'' . I think this will help you guys in the long run. You guys talk about coach stump but this is what build programs playing elite schools and learning how to adjust from something like this lost.
[/quote]+1 for you.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="851094" timestamp="1284907779"]
West Book's game plan was to stop the big Katy RB, which they did a good job on.  I do admit, but the safety comming up, they did allow that playaction pass (the play they ran like 7 or 8 times) to the tight end and one to the top reciever burn them.  Adjustments should have been made.  Blitz down the middle.  Katy's QB had all day long to step up in the pocket and make the RIGHT decision.  Now, make no mistake, Katy did cause Reyes into turnovers (the intercepiton in Katy territory and the fumble in West Brook territory). So that proves that Katy's game plan was working.  They play disciplined football, but I did see some things that Brook could have done better.  And stupid penalties on drives and 3 and outs are not one of them.  

[b]BTW, I love Katy's offense.  I formation, counters, Lead run plays, sweep pitches, and playaction passes.  THAT'S my kind of offense.  Non of that spread crap.  That's just my 2 cents...  [/b]  ;) ;)

[/quote]I do too, man! I love the Pro-Style offense they run over there. I like the fact that they utilize a tight-end in their offensive scheme. Now, why cant WB do something like that? This style of offense seems to be more productive.

[quote name="pe2009" post="851092" timestamp="1284907652"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73133.msg851089#msg851089 date=1284907397]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Beat Lee, get the confidence back......No shame in losing to Katy. Learn from it, thats what Non-district is for.
[/quote]That's the way I see it. The rest of the season will be exciting for the Bruins and its fans. Stump schedule the best because he wants to build a top 10 program year after year. The only way to do that is to play the good ones like Katy to see where you have to improve. Stump knows that games like this is required to grow STUMPNATION! Congrats to Katy

[quote name="WBbear" post="851159" timestamp="1284913779"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg851092#msg851092 date=1284907652]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73133.msg851089#msg851089 date=1284907397]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]That's the way I see it. The rest of the season will be exciting for the Bruins and its fans. Stump schedule the best because he wants to build a top 10 program year after year. The only way to do that is to play the good ones like Katy to see where you have to improve. Stump knows that games like this is required to grow STUMPNATION! Congrats to Katy
[/quote]STUMPNATION.....I like it!

This message was sent to me by a Katy friend on FB. This is his exact letter to me. Take it for what its worth.

You can post this on the Setxsports board if you like. Last night when we got to the school, all the players were talking about respect. Katy has a rule about social Media. They arent allowed to post on Twitter, Myspace or Facebook about an upcoming game. Coaches and Boosters manage it and search. They post, they don't play. Maybe it's a rule West Brook and other teams are should use....on the bus ride down, they were all handed sheets of paper that had several comments by #44 calling the Oline Slow and Soft, but the one the really ticked them off was Reyes posting "About to beat the WHITE off of Katy"....we all say message boards mean nothing, to us they don't but to teenage, adreinaline filled football players....it fires them up even more.

[quote name="westend1" post="851183" timestamp="1284915273"]
::)    I'm guessing the kids only played hard because they read that stuff.  C'mon.  Really?    If that really works, all the coaches have to do is make some stuff up.
[/quote]Trust me, the comments he was referring to were not made up. I know this for a fact.

[quote name="westend1" post="851183" timestamp="1284915273"]
::)    I'm guessing the kids only played hard because they read that stuff.  C'mon.  Really?    If that really works, all the coaches have to do is make some stuff up.
[/quote]
Whatever works I guess......a lot of college teams are banning facebook and twitter also.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="851185" timestamp="1284915386"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73133.msg851183#msg851183 date=1284915273]
[/quote]Trust me, the comments he was referring to were not made up. I know this for a fact.
[/quote]

Doesn't matter, is my point.   If it somehow fires kids up, then just make some stuff up.   I can get on here with a new account, say I'm from Lee and call the whole team soft and slow.  Think it's going to make WB play better when they read it?

One of my coaches killed a bobcat one year.(we were Bobcats)  They hung it at the school on Friday morning and tried to blame it on the other team.

[quote name="westend1" post="851188" timestamp="1284915546"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg851185#msg851185 date=1284915386]
[/quote]

Doesn't matter, is my point.   If it somehow fires kids up, then just make some stuff up.   I can get on here with a new account, say I'm from Lee and call the whole team soft and slow.  Think it's going to make WB play better when they read it?
[/quote]

I think so, probably not the outcome of the game...but if anyone played sports, they know the feeling that you get when there are clippings hanging up of other players talking in the locker room

[quote name="pe2009" post="851190" timestamp="1284915842"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73133.msg851188#msg851188 date=1284915546]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg851185#msg851185 date=1284915386]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think so, probably not the outcome of the game...but if anyone played sports, they know the feeling that you get when there are clippings hanging up of other players talking in the locker room
[/quote]Yep.....you understand my point, then!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder