#2 KATY AT #6 WEST BROOK ON KFDM/Katy Wins!!!

WOSgrad

Everyone keeps mentioning Westbrook's mistakes. Does anyone know the actual number of mistakes Katy had? I remember two interceptions and at least two or three fumbles. Katy had about the same number of mistakes as WB, but still managed to win.

WB will be fine with or without Reyes.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1andDone" post="851939" timestamp="1284991114"]
Everyone keeps mentioning Westbrook's mistakes. Does anyone know the actual number of mistakes Katy had? I remember two interceptions and at least two or three fumbles. Katy had about the same number of mistakes as WB, but still managed to win.

[/quote]

I don't remember Katy losing any fumbles.  They did get picked twice but one was on a bomb where we got it inside our own 10, which was better than a punt. 

[quote name="westend1" post="851953" timestamp="1284992170"]
[quote author=1andDone link=topic=73133.msg851939#msg851939 date=1284991114]

[/quote]

I don't remember Katy losing any fumbles.   They did get picked twice but one was on a bomb where we got it inside our own 10, which was better than a punt.   
[/quote]
No fumbles lost......the pick like you said that put WB on the 3....and the pick by the 3rd QB.

Weird game.....Katy was on the WB side of the field all night.....sometimes "Mistakes" happen.....sometimes "Mistakes" are forced...I dont think WB's saw QB pressure in the first 3 games. "Mistakes" tend to happen more with pressure.

Bruins need to forget about Katy NOW.....Tyler Lee is 0-4, but don't let that record fool you....they are battle tested against some top teams.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="851878" timestamp="1284985418"]
[quote author=OldTimer link=topic=73133.msg851796#msg851796 date=1284951112]
Have not posted for several reasons.  But this is what I got out of the game - WB is not as bad as the score indicates and Katy is not as good as the score indicates.  Katy is an all around team with talent and depth - this is what years of a great program will do.  WB I think is at the beginning of that ladder.  The are stating a program that has every chance to be what Katy is and soon.  WB should and will compete well into the playoffs - just use this game as a learning tool.

Hope you do wll the rest of the season WB you deserve it.
[/quote]
Thank you sir...I'm glad someone else saw the same thing I did...
[/quote]

Hows Jr. doing???

Katy's defense is good, but they are no better than other defenses that Reyes has faced and had success against.  His first pick was just a bad read.  it happens.   The fumble occurred after he had broken free and run for his third long gainer of the day.   Nice diving strip from behind.  I feel confident that Brook will move the ball this week, and the defense has proved that they can hold thier own against tough running teams.   I look for a strong performance to finish off pre-district.

[quote name="westend1" post="851962" timestamp="1284993108"]
Katy's defense is good, but they are no better than other defenses that Reyes has faced and had success against.  His first pick was just a bad read.  it happens.   The fumble occurred after he had broken free and run for his third long gainer of the day.   Nice diving strip from behind.  I feel confident that Brook will move the ball this week, and the defense has proved that they can hold thier own against tough running teams.   I look for a strong performance to finish off pre-district.
[/quote]
Trust me....you wont see a better, disciplined, well coached Defense the rest of the season. Last season Katy held WB to 7, No other team did that....Saturday Katy held them to 7 (if you don't count the 2 scores against the 3rd String) and I doubt anyone else will hold WB to under 21 pts.

[quote name="pe2009" post="851979" timestamp="1284994151"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73133.msg851962#msg851962 date=1284993108]
[/quote]
Trust me....you wont see a better, disciplined, well coached Defense the rest of the season. Last season Katy held WB to 7, No other team did that....Saturday Katy held them to 7 (if you don't count the 2 scores against the 3rd String) and I doubt anyone else will hold WB to under 21 pts.

I hope you are right.  And, it's my belief that we were going to score more on Katy if reyes doesn't go down.

[/quote]

Another positive from this game......WB scored 21 against Katy. Thats the most points given up by them this season. I agree that WB could play with Katy. I'm just disappointed in the amount of TO's that we gave them. They scored 35 points off of TO's......take that away and the score is much closer. THrow in the fact that Reyes was out for 2/3's of the game, and the outcome might have been different. We were moving the ball well against their defense, and our defense stopped their running game fairly well, too. After I've had some time to think about the game a little, given all the circumstances that happened throughout the game, WB didn't do so bad. The mistakes just killed us. We will be fine, IMO.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="852334" timestamp="1285017628"]
Another positive from this game......WB scored 21 against Katy. Thats the most points given up by them this season. I agree that WB could play with Katy. I'm just disappointed in the amount of TO's that we gave them. They scored 35 points off of TO's......take that away and the score is much closer. THrow in the fact that Reyes was out for 2/3's of the game, and the outcome might have been different. We were moving the ball well against their defense, and our defense stopped their running game fairly well, too. After I've had some time to think about the game a little, given all the circumstances that happened throughout the game, WB didn't do so bad. The mistakes just killed us. We will be fine, IMO.

[/quote]  You don't have Reyes stats for the game do you?    Just curious how many passes he completed/threw while he was in, and how many rushes he had.  Seemed like we were trying to run more than usual in the early part of the game.

[quote name="WBbear" post="852366" timestamp="1285019162"]
Passing
Name              Comp Att   Pct    Yds TD INT
Bruce Reyes        4      7  57.14  35   1   1

Rushing
Name              Att  Yds  Yds/Att Long TD
Bruce Reyes       8   72       9      28    0

[/quote]

Cool.  Thanks

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="852334" timestamp="1285017628"]
[/quote]
Last two scores were 1's vs 3's.....I have a feeling Katy would have made adjustments.
Alief Taylor has a 3 year letterman stud QB also. He was 7-12 for 71 yards passing and 2TDs in the first half, also ran for a TD to put Taylor up 20-7. They converted 8 of 9 third downs. In the second half he completed only 1 pass and Taylor had 21 net yards.

You need balance to beat Katy. Coach Joseph is a Defensive  guru

[quote name="pe2009" post="852373" timestamp="1285019677"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg852334#msg852334 date=1285017628]
[/quote]
Last two scores were 1's vs 3's.....I have a feeling Katy would have made adjustments.
Alief Taylor has a 3 year letterman stud QB also. He was 7-12 for 71 yards passing and 2TDs in the first half, also ran for a TD to put Taylor up 20-7. They converted 8 of 9 third downs. In the second half he completed only 1 pass and Taylor had 21 net yards.

[/quote]
Hopefully we'll see each other later....and we'll see if we did not learn or lesson....or maybe we'll be the one's teaching the lesson...til then good luck and stay healthy.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="852383" timestamp="1285020375"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg852373#msg852373 date=1285019677]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73133.msg852334#msg852334 date=1285017628]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hopefully we'll see each other later....and we'll see if we did not learn or lesson....or maybe we'll be the one's teaching the lesson...til then good luck and stay healthy.
[/quote]
The injury isnt serious is it?

[quote name="pe2009" post="852385" timestamp="1285020466"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73133.msg852383#msg852383 date=1285020375]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=73133.msg852373#msg852373 date=1285019677]
[/quote]No...he'll be on the field playing Saturday...thanx for asking...had we been able to hold it together the rest of the first half he would have gone in....he's just "That kid"...

[/quote]
[/quote]
The injury isnt serious is it?
[/quote]

I've seen several posts on here about one player and blah-blah blah and Reyes is all ya'll have......I can say this...what were the Chicago Bulls when Jordan left? What can Jordan do by himself against the Pistons back then? a bunch of Bull...They started winning when the ball got thrown around, then he just made everyone around play better...he can't do it by himself, he doesn't do it by himself, he won't do it by himself...Maybe we didn't reach that part of our game plan?...we'll never know....THIS IS A TEAM, IT WAS A TEAM WHEN STUMP WAS IN(he's a better player today)...WE TOOK OUR LOSS AS A TEAM...SO PLEASE, DON'T MISUNDERSTAND....MISINTERPRET ANY ACTIONS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN VIEWED FROM THE STANDS THAT EVENING...THIS IS A TEAM, WE HAVE THE COMMUNITY, THE SUPPORT AND THE DRIVE TO EXCEL...I HOPE WE SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN...GOOD LUCK AND STAY HEALTHY.... 8)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="OldTimer" post="851796" timestamp="1284951112"]
Have not posted for several reasons.  But this is what I got out of the game - WB is not as bad as the score indicates and Katy is not as good as the score indicates.  Katy is an all around team with talent and depth - this is what years of a great program will do.  WB I think is at the beginning of that ladder.  The are stating a program that has every chance to be what Katy is and soon.  WB should and will compete well into the playoffs - just use this game as a learning tool.

Hope you do wll the rest of the season WB you deserve it.
[/quote]

What?  WB has been around since 1982!  They won the state championship their first year in existence???!!  what is this nonsense about starting a program?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder