19 4A Top 4?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="HUM398" post="815547" timestamp="1277963926"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815352#msg815352 date=1277870593]
I would never mistake LT for anything ! Dayton played them a couple of years ago and I talk with their posters year around on other sites . Dayton might be a little over-matched against Ike and that's to be expected against a 5a team,but to say they will be completely over-matched is over the top. To be honest I don't know if Dayton wins or not but I do know it will be a dog fight and Ike better not underestimate us !
[/quote]

Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.  They don't play games with the type of talent they spit out.  They sign 10-15 college football players a year(not just Division I)....some years putting out as much as 20.   They are bigger, faster and stronger then just about everyone they play...That includes North Shore.  Then you talk about how absolutely vicious those kids are in pads.  Remember that scene in friday night lights of Carter...Meet Houston's version of that.

This has nothing to do with 5a...they field 40-50 varsity football players depending on the year...

Now down the beltway you have a team like Nimitz, who is as talented...but their is just something about the Black and Gold....those kids can ball.

Dayton should be able to compete, but overcoming their athleticism when you have NEVER faced a team like that is going to be a something those Dayton boys will have to get over pretty quick.  You can't simulate it in practice, unless you got it.
[/quote]
HUM398 got it right its different brand of football the closer you get to north side of houston.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I would call it a problem.  No doubt they are very atheletic, but this is the fourth consecutive time we have played them, so it's nothing were not use to.  They lead the series 2-1, but last game was a little misleading.  It was the worst we played all year.  It was supposed to be played on a Friday night, but wasn't due to the weather, so the decission to play Saturday was made at 8 and the game started at noon.  We didn't play in Brenham like it was scheduled for, instead we made the trip to Delmar that morning. We were losing by 14, but Lamar scored the last TD when they could have just taken a knee.  Now the other 2 times we played Lamar, we split.  They won the first game at Delmar on a hook and ladder play, taking the lead with under a minute to play....(after we dominated the first 3 quarters and drove down to their 35 in under a minute with no time outs)  The second time we played in Brenham, and we won be 1.  (that time, the game was close the whole time) I'm sure we havnt forgot about them throwing into the end zone last year, instead of kneeling.  We'll be ready and this time and we'll be playing in Brenham, breaking in our new turf.  

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="815553" timestamp="1277968100"]
I don't know if I would call it a problem.  No doubt they are very atheletic, but this is the fourth consecutive time we have played them, so it's nothing were not use to.  They lead the series 2-1, but last game was a little misleading.  It was the worst we played all year.  It was supposed to be played on a Friday night, but wasn't due to the weather, so the decission to play Saturday was made at 8 and the game started at noon.  We didn't play in Brenham like it was scheduled for, instead we made the trip to Delmar that morning. We were losing by 14, but Lamar scored the last TD when they could have just taken a knee.  Now the other 2 times we played Lamar, we split.  They won the first game at Delmar on a hook and ladder play, taking the lead with under a minute to play....(after we dominated the first 3 quarters and drove down to their 35 in under a minute with no time outs)  The second time we played in Brenham, and we won be 1.  (that time, the game was close the whole time) I'm sure we havnt forgot about them throwing into the end zone last year, instead of kneeling.  We'll be ready and this time and we'll be playing in Brenham, breaking in our new turf.  
[/quote]
you are asking to much for Lamar just to take a knee. They are always trying to run the score up on teams outside of HISD..

[quote name="jabu84" post="815554" timestamp="1277968949"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=65952.msg815553#msg815553 date=1277968100]
[/quote]
you are asking to much for Lamar just to take a knee. They are always trying to run the score up on teams outside of HISD..
[/quote]

Well i'm sure we got that message after last year and we'll even it up at 2-2 this year. 
Prediction- Brenham 24 Lamar 21

For all the people on Hwy 321
DAYTON BRONCOS (7-3)
Date Opponent           Result
Aug. 27 Fort Bend Elkins L 37-24 [color=red]Herrera needs come out smokin for dayton for win[/color].
Sept. 3 OPEN
Sept. 10 Angleton L (42-28) [color=red]Diggs is good for 4 TD's[/color]
Sept. 17 Aldine Eisenhower L 38-10 [color=red]Too big, Too physical, Too Fast, Too much. Andres Herrera runs for his life has a bad game[/color].
Sept. 24     Barbers Hill W (35-7) new staff same result
Oct. 1 at Galena Park W (49-21) same story same result
Oct. 8 at Baytown Lee W (28-14) Welcome to 4a football
Oct. 15 Goose Creek Memorial W (49-20) GCM nuff said
Oct. 22 at Houston North Forest W (56-21) has some talent but young.
Oct. 29 Crosby W (42-28) Dominic Merka is good for 2 TD's but not good enough to get Crosby the W. This will be dayton statement game.
Nov. 5 at Houston C.E. King W (45-19) new staff one year away

[quote name="jabu84" post="815556" timestamp="1277972285"]
For all the people on Hwy 321
DAYTON BRONCOS (7-3)
Date Opponent           Result
Aug. 27 Fort Bend Elkins L 37-24 [color=red]Herrera needs come out smokin for dayton for win[/color].
Sept. 3 OPEN
Sept. 10 Angleton L (42-28) [color=red]Diggs is good for 4 TD's[/color]
Sept. 17 Aldine Eisenhower L 38-10 [color=red]Too big, Too physical, Too Fast, Too much. Andres Herrera runs for his life has a bad game[/color].
Sept. 24     Barbers Hill W (35-7) new staff same result
Oct. 1 at Galena Park W (49-21) same story same result
Oct. 8 at Baytown Lee W (28-14) Welcome to 4a football
Oct. 15 Goose Creek Memorial W (49-20) GCM nuff said
Oct. 22 at Houston North Forest W (56-21) has some talent but young.
Oct. 29 Crosby W (42-28) Dominic Merka is good for 2 TD's but not good enough to get Crosby the W. This will be dayton statement game.
Nov. 5 at Houston C.E. King W (45-19) new staff one year away
[/quote]

You forgot that Dayton's season doesn't end until December.

[quote name="jabu84" post="815551" timestamp="1277967340"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=65952.msg815489#msg815489 date=1277943613]
Ike will not be ok against WB....WB is going to handle that business against IKE...look for a Dayton to beat dat $%&@ ! ! to the dirt.   :P
[/quote]
SgtRey this is for you

Aug. 27 Beaumont Ozen W (42-6)
Sept. 3 Beaumont Central W (35-21) [color=blue]city champs[/color]
Sept. 10 at Aldine Eisenhower L (34-31)[color=blue] this game depends on Reyes.[/color]
Sept. 18 Katy L (37-13) Its the lady from down the street [color=red]KATY[/color]
Sept. 25     Tyler Lee (Toss up) W ( 38-31)[color=green]First one to 21 win this game[/color]
Oct. 8 Baytown Sterling W (52-24) being nice with the 24
Oct. 15 at Galena Park North Shore W (31-14) [color=blue]North Shore D is not as strong as you think this year there are so holes up front[/color]        
Oct. 22 Port Arthur Memorial L [color=crimson]my upset pick[/color] (17-13) new DC Crooms gets it done.
Oct. 30 Channelview W (55-10)
Nov. 5 at La Porte W (21-10)[color=blue] keep Webb under 150 yards and you will win[/color]
[/quote]

WOW...well, you sure aren't the scholar of the week....Not saying we'll go 16-0, but I don't see what you have coming true....I eat breakfast with CLEO, every morning....she said, "jabu will find many forms to digest crow this fall, for he can not see the light....he is blinded by the false tongue that he speaks with..."etc...(5.99 the first minute, .69 per letter after)...that's not me talking, I just deliver the messages...  ;D

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="815583" timestamp="1277996274"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=65952.msg815574#msg815574 date=1277989669]
Jabu, you got one on of your predcions for Brenham this year?
[/quote]

I think a loss to dayton to end the season sounds pretty good! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Very possible that we meet at the end of the year. (Probably at Rhodes). I see the same result as last year though...  ;) ;D

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="814157" timestamp="1277251428"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg814059#msg814059 date=1277210254]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=65952.msg814028#msg814028 date=1277169612]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg813981#msg813981 date=1277153215]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=65952.msg813458#msg813458 date=1276823734]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg813304#msg813304 date=1276779217]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=65952.msg812638#msg812638 date=1276574205]
you can have athletes, but if there is not proper coaching, good coaching will prevail.  dayton #1.
[/quote]

Boy do we know that all to well at the HILL!  ;) Thank you Stewart and Flannigan!

There is NO chance that Crosby will NOT win district this year.  Merka is an equalizer and they have a fairly deep running game.  I don't like them anymore than anyone else, but it's a fact.  Get the Hot Dogs ready!

Crosby
Dayton
BH
GCM
Lee
NF
CE King
etc.....

[/quote]

So let me get this straight BH89.  You haven't posted on this thread in 3 weeks, most likely due to a self-imposed exile, because of the humiliation of making homo erotic bets with other men.  Now you make your triumphant return guaranteeing a district title for a school other than your own, and talking about hot dogs again?  I'm not sure what's more disturbing.  Your obvious lack of understanding of football, or your obsession with hot dogs.  
[/quote]

Dear Frazier,

You are so correct, my lack of time to evaluate circumstances better has caused me to error, which could be misinterpreted as not understanding football (or good smack for that matter).  While you were standing on the corner holding that 2x2 cardboard sign I was gianfully employed and even spent some time fishing.  As for hot dogs.....I don't mean to point our the obvious, but you do realize your own self-imposed name on this board is "[glow=red,2,300]Downgoesfrazier[/glow]", right?  Here Frazier, her boy, come get your hot dog.   ;D ;D ;D  

[b]Revised for Frazier[/b]
BH
Crosby
Dayton
GCM
Lee
NF
King

See ya in 3 more weeks!
[/quote]

I know you're not the smartest guy ever, but you do realize that my screen name would only be insulting to me if my name were actually Frazier, don't you?  And for the record there's no misinterpretation about your knowledge of football.  If you think BH will win the district and Dayton finishes third,  you're either high or lack basic football knowledge.  As for your gainful employment goes, what are you going to do when the turnaround at the plant ends?  I hear that DQ on 146 is hiring lettuce washers and a fry tech. I'm glad to see that you got a little time for some fishing.  I'm sure you caught your limit of zipper fish and one eyed trouser trout. 

I'm pretty sure you have no interest in actually betting because you and I both know that BH has no chance of beating Dayton.  Your hot dog bets have been just a thinly veiled attempt at picking up dudes on the internet.  But if you'd like to make a real bet I've got one for you.  How about $1000 Dayton vs. BH.  Not some internet BS bet, but we meet prior to the game cash in hand.  I know you can afford it.  You're from BH, so you must be rich.  I have no interest in your money, because panhandling in Austin can be quite lucrative. So the loser gives a grand to the winners booster club.  You in?  Yes or no?  Remove that hot dog and put your money where your mouth is.
[/quote]

I am in!!!!!!! I am in!!!!!!!  I am in!!!!!!!

Dayton loses to BH this year is my prediction.  How about 1K to support a scholorship fund for the 2010 All-Star game that was just played at PNG this month? I hate to squander your plans to support boys who blow in things, but hey I give you credit for the whole "out of the closet thing."  ;)  Loser buys Coop a hot dog for the half-time score winner and at the end of the game a 1K check to the winner for him to deposit in an all-star scholorship fund.  Now get off your knees and get out your wallet.  ;D ;D  Oh, by the way, Wosgrad tells me Coop likes mustard between his buns.  ;D ;D Cant miss an opportunity to get a shot in at WOS or Grad.
[/quote]

I'm not putting money into a fund for a game that no Dayton players played in.  I want Dayton to benefit from your delusion.  Cash money only.  I have no interest in your rubber checks.
[/quote]

So sorry for such a delayed response, was mixing koolaid and opening a new account for your money.  ;D  By the way you missed my tash can again this week, please pick it up soon.  Someone threw a purple shirt in it and a few laptops, so it really stinks.

Not sure what the rules here say about betting, so PM me and we will go from there.  I'll buy you all the hot dogs you need to satisfy your itch once I win.  ;) 

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="811804" timestamp="1276314989"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=65952.msg811798#msg811798 date=1276314355]
if you do not put dayton in the top 4 you are crazy.  they will probably win it all.  only crosby has a chance to beat them, and that is very slim.
[/quote]

No way, I agree with Tyrone.  North Forest takes 1st place in the district in a cakewalk.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahah, this is the absolute funniest thing i have ever heard on setx sports EVER! The dude that said this had to be hittin some of that serious cheese. hahahaha i still cant believe he said that.

[quote name="BL33DPURPLE" post="815610" timestamp="1278009359"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=65952.msg811804#msg811804 date=1276314989]
if you do not put dayton in the top 4 you are crazy.  they will probably win it all.  only crosby has a chance to beat them, and that is very slim.
[/quote]

No way, I agree with Tyrone.  North Forest takes 1st place in the district in a cakewalk.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahah, this is the absolute funniest thing i have ever heard on setx sports EVER! The dude that said this had to be hittin some of that serious cheese. hahahaha i still cant believe he said that.
[/quote]

What's funny about North Forest winning?  At the very least, they can honestly say that their field is better than the one at Barbers Hill. Plus, they have an awesome drumline and cool metal detectors.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="815672" timestamp="1278028487"]
[quote author=BL33DPURPLE link=topic=65952.msg815610#msg815610 date=1278009359]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=65952.msg811804#msg811804 date=1276314989]
if you do not put dayton in the top 4 you are crazy.  they will probably win it all.  only crosby has a chance to beat them, and that is very slim.
[/quote]

No way, I agree with Tyrone.  North Forest takes 1st place in the district in a cakewalk.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What's funny about North Forest winning?  Their field is better than the one at Barbers Hill.
[/quote] :D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="815605" timestamp="1278006857"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=65952.msg814157#msg814157 date=1277251428]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg814059#msg814059 date=1277210254]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=65952.msg814028#msg814028 date=1277169612]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg813981#msg813981 date=1277153215]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=65952.msg813458#msg813458 date=1276823734]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=65952.msg813304#msg813304 date=1276779217]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=65952.msg812638#msg812638 date=1276574205]
you can have athletes, but if there is not proper coaching, good coaching will prevail.  dayton #1.
[/quote]

Boy do we know that all to well at the HILL!  ;) Thank you Stewart and Flannigan!

There is NO chance that Crosby will NOT win district this year.  Merka is an equalizer and they have a fairly deep running game.  I don't like them anymore than anyone else, but it's a fact.  Get the Hot Dogs ready!

Crosby
Dayton
BH
GCM
Lee
NF
CE King
etc.....

[/quote]

So let me get this straight BH89.  You haven't posted on this thread in 3 weeks, most likely due to a self-imposed exile, because of the humiliation of making homo erotic bets with other men.  Now you make your triumphant return guaranteeing a district title for a school other than your own, and talking about hot dogs again?  I'm not sure what's more disturbing.  Your obvious lack of understanding of football, or your obsession with hot dogs.  
[/quote]

Dear Frazier,

You are so correct, my lack of time to evaluate circumstances better has caused me to error, which could be misinterpreted as not understanding football (or good smack for that matter).  While you were standing on the corner holding that 2x2 cardboard sign I was gianfully employed and even spent some time fishing.  As for hot dogs.....I don't mean to point our the obvious, but you do realize your own self-imposed name on this board is "[glow=red,2,300]Downgoesfrazier[/glow]", right?  Here Frazier, her boy, come get your hot dog.   ;D ;D ;D  

[b]Revised for Frazier[/b]
BH
Crosby
Dayton
GCM
Lee
NF
King

See ya in 3 more weeks!
[/quote]

I know you're not the smartest guy ever, but you do realize that my screen name would only be insulting to me if my name were actually Frazier, don't you?  And for the record there's no misinterpretation about your knowledge of football.  If you think BH will win the district and Dayton finishes third,  you're either high or lack basic football knowledge.  As for your gainful employment goes, what are you going to do when the turnaround at the plant ends?  I hear that DQ on 146 is hiring lettuce washers and a fry tech. I'm glad to see that you got a little time for some fishing.  I'm sure you caught your limit of zipper fish and one eyed trouser trout.  

I'm pretty sure you have no interest in actually betting because you and I both know that BH has no chance of beating Dayton.  Your hot dog bets have been just a thinly veiled attempt at picking up dudes on the internet.  But if you'd like to make a real bet I've got one for you.  How about $1000 Dayton vs. BH.  Not some internet BS bet, but we meet prior to the game cash in hand.  I know you can afford it.  You're from BH, so you must be rich.  I have no interest in your money, because panhandling in Austin can be quite lucrative. So the loser gives a grand to the winners booster club.  You in?  Yes or no?  Remove that hot dog and put your money where your mouth is.
[/quote]

I am in!!!!!!! I am in!!!!!!!  I am in!!!!!!!

Dayton loses to BH this year is my prediction.  How about 1K to support a scholorship fund for the 2010 All-Star game that was just played at PNG this month? I hate to squander your plans to support boys who blow in things, but hey I give you credit for the whole "out of the closet thing."  ;)  Loser buys Coop a hot dog for the half-time score winner and at the end of the game a 1K check to the winner for him to deposit in an all-star scholorship fund.  Now get off your knees and get out your wallet.  ;D ;D  Oh, by the way, Wosgrad tells me Coop likes mustard between his buns.  ;D ;D Cant miss an opportunity to get a shot in at WOS or Grad.
[/quote]

I'm not putting money into a fund for a game that no Dayton players played in.  I want Dayton to benefit from your delusion.  Cash money only.  I have no interest in your rubber checks.
[/quote]

So sorry for such a delayed response, was mixing koolaid and opening a new account for your money.   ;D  By the way you missed my tash can again this week, please pick it up soon.  Someone threw a purple shirt in it and a few laptops, so it really stinks.

Not sure what the rules here say about betting, so PM me and we will go from there.  I'll buy you all the hot dogs you need to satisfy your itch once I win.  ;)  
[/quote]

There's nothing left to talk about.  You know the bet

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815773" timestamp="1278086076"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815756#msg815756 date=1278082692]
Who farted?
[/quote] Ithink it was Jabubo went he left !
[/quote] To be fair it also could of been pennyjameres or Hmm398 or IBbleednPurple or BH69 all their posts were kind of gassy. :P

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815777" timestamp="1278088301"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815773#msg815773 date=1278086076]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=65952.msg815756#msg815756 date=1278082692]
Who farted?
[/quote] Ithink it was Jabubo went he left !
[/quote] To be fair it also could of been pennyjameres or Hmm398 or IBbleednPurple or BH69 all their posts were kind of gassy. :P
[/quote]\

You forget friendswoodfan and panamamyers

[quote name="jayhawk" post="815550" timestamp="1277967023"]
[color=red]Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.[/color] ~~~   Like far out man - and you know this because you did a statistical comparison of both teams ?  No ! that's right you went to one Dayton game last year and wasn't impressed and of course with all your vast expert football knowledge and knowing very little about Dayton's program from the inside came to that conclusion all by your self. I must say I'm impressed if not Humbled .
[/quote]

Yall Bronco fans are some of the most easily offended fans i have ever encountered.  You walk into a discussion with a pre-committed view on where you stand against every other team.

I'm Sorry to break this news to you, but as great of a football team you have.... You don't have anything close to the type of athlete Ike has access to year in and year out.  They are bigger, Faster, and Stronger.  You are over-matched athletically....period.   I don't think a single person outside of dayton who has seen Ike play would say Dayton is 'slightly" over-matched....They have bigger guns...Yall have a better general.

[quote name="HUM398" post="815782" timestamp="1278092116"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=65952.msg815550#msg815550 date=1277967023]
[color=red]Dude...Athletically, Dayton is way over-matched.[/color] ~~~   Like far out man - and you know this because you did a statistical comparison of both teams ?  No ! that's right you went to one Dayton game last year and wasn't impressed and of course with all your vast expert football knowledge and knowing very little about Dayton's program from the inside came to that conclusion all by your self. I must say I'm impressed if not Humbled .
[/quote]

Yall Bronco fans are some of the most easily offended fans i have ever encountered.  You walk into a discussion with a pre-committed view on where you stand against every other team.

I'm Sorry to break this news to you, but as great of a football team you have.... You don't have anything close to the type of athlete Ike has access to year in and year out.  They are bigger, Faster, and Stronger.  You are over-matched athletically....period.   I don't think a single person outside of dayton who has seen Ike play would say Dayton is 'slightly" over-matched....They have bigger guns...Yall have a better general.

[/quote]

...and out of thin air, he appears.  HUM398 is just like beetlejuice, except for the fact that the name only has to be mentioned once and POOF there he is.  I really wish Humble would have taken the place of summer creek in 19-4A so I could see how over-matched dayton would be against the pussycats. 

OK- Mr. HUM398 please enlighten us on Ike's big guns and why Dayton will be so athletically over matched ? Give some examples and facts not just rhetoric ! I say this most respectfully . ( you need to really come watch the game you might be surprized )