Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cardinal66" post="731445" timestamp="1260984308"]
no, it is the school I would consider to be Crosby's rival, now that Channelview is 5a
[/quote]

CE King?

Good God people please take a tissue and move on  :'( Most of you Price supporters are just that! Try and support BH! ya know the school!! If your embarrassed of BH then follow Price to his next school and you can tell everyone how great he is there too ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cardinal66" post="731450" timestamp="1260984399"]
It is the fantastic finish game for GCM this year.
[/quote]

Very interesting.

Head Baseball coach moved to K-Park to be an assistant this year. Something funny is going on over there.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="731452" timestamp="1260984474"]
Good God people please take a tissue and move on  :'( Most of you Price supporters are just that! Try and support BH! ya know the school!! If your embarrassed of BH then follow Price to his next school and you can tell everyone how great he is there too ;D
[/quote]

It is hard to support the Hill after doing Coach Price like they did and other employees of the district. 

[quote name="cardinal66" post="731465" timestamp="1260985047"]
It is the AD for the district.  He is a guy that was never a head coach or coordinator at any of the places he coached before he was hired at King.  But he will tell you all about the players he coached that are in the NFL.  Like anyone gives a crap.
[/quote]

Why are you getting everyone stirred up if he is a dunce? 

SFAJack07:  I dont agree with the Price decision either, but you sir, are making yourself look foolish.  Posting your name on here then running down school board members and trustees when you are 20 or so years old makes you look juvenile.  Remember, this is your home, you come back here often, you don't want people to see you and immediately think of your childish comments on here.  Have some class.

As I stated earlier, I think Price was doing a fine job and we had no reason to send him away, but since we have, we might as well move on to discussion about who we are going to bring in here.  I think we need someone young and energetic.  Tatum's Andy Evans and Kirbyville's Jack Alvarez come to mind....who are you guys thinking about?

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="731470" timestamp="1260985666"]
[quote author=cardinal66 link=topic=62612.msg731465#msg731465 date=1260985047]
It is the AD for the district.  He is a guy that was never a head coach or coordinator at any of the places he coached before he was hired at King.  But he will tell you all about the players he coached that are in the NFL.  Like anyone gives a crap.
[/quote]

SFAJack07:  I dont agree with the Price decision either, but you sir, are making yourself look foolish.  Posting your name on here then running down school board members and trustees when you are 20 or so years old makes you look juvenile.  Remember, this is your home, you come back here often, you don't want people to see you and immediately think of your childish comments on here.  Have some class.

As I stated earlier, I think Price was doing a fine job and we had no reason to send him away, but since we have, we might as well move on to discussion about who we are going to bring in here.  I think we need someone young and energetic.  Tatum's Andy Evans and Kirbyville's Jack Alvarez come to mind....who are you guys thinking about?
[/quote]

I have just stated the facts is all.  I do come back to the Hill a lot and everybody knows I support Coach Price.  A lot of people in the community say that what I have posted is right and needs to be said.  It is childish how some of the school board members and the superintendent treated Coach Price just because he did not suck up to them.  Come on now they did not even want him at the sports banquet.  How about the administration show some class and let the man go out with his boots on.

[quote name="sfajack07" post="731474" timestamp="1260986060"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=62612.msg731470#msg731470 date=1260985666]
[quote author=cardinal66 link=topic=62612.msg731465#msg731465 date=1260985047]
It is the AD for the district.  He is a guy that was never a head coach or coordinator at any of the places he coached before he was hired at King.  But he will tell you all about the players he coached that are in the NFL.  Like anyone gives a crap.
[/quote]

SFAJack07:  I dont agree with the Price decision either, but you sir, are making yourself look foolish.  Posting your name on here then running down school board members and trustees when you are 20 or so years old makes you look juvenile.  Remember, this is your home, you come back here often, you don't want people to see you and immediately think of your childish comments on here.  Have some class.

As I stated earlier, I think Price was doing a fine job and we had no reason to send him away, but since we have, we might as well move on to discussion about who we are going to bring in here.  I think we need someone young and energetic.  Tatum's Andy Evans and Kirbyville's Jack Alvarez come to mind....who are you guys thinking about?
[/quote]

I have just stated the facts is all.  I do come back to the Hill a lot and everybody knows I support Coach Price.  A lot of people in the community say that what I have posted is right and needs to be said.  It is childish how some of the school board members and the superintendent treated Coach Price just because he did not suck up to them.
[/quote]

I didn't say that what you were saying wasn't true, all I am saying is that you look foolish for being the messenger.  I know you are young and think that you are doing the right thing, but take it from an old timer, you aren't.  You are painting a bad picture of yourself for people who do not know you.  You sound spoiled and bratty.  I know you are not, but that is the perception.  Please, take this advice and stick to the topic at hand and not board bashing.

I have no problem at all with a guy signing his name like Eric did if he chooses to do so. We may or may not agree on this issue, but I know him to be quailty young man thats willing to stand by his conviction. Hey thats what we all want our kids to be as they mature, speak your mind but do it with class.. He's done that I think.., but we disagree on one issue, I'll pull for the "boys regardless who's coaching them because the game belongs to them. Most of these guys are 16-17 yeras old, busting their butts in 100 degree weather in two-a-days lifting weights, everyday for a$6.00 Friday night show.I saw what my own endured while he played..so I'll be cheering these guys on next year regardless. The kids have nothing to do with the politics of the district. One other thing, lot of talk about Price naturally, but unfortuantely, when you fire a head coach some good assistants are caught up in the crossfire...so gotta say Caoch Taylor, the man impressed me, the kids love the guy..Coach Byrd and Horn both, good guys and well respected by the kids,Coach Riley, I don't know personally but the offensive line was much improved this year IMO....so their where some positives.. Hope whoever comes in will give these guys a look..Football is an emotional game and that spark seemed to be missing IMO....The kids need to be allowed to get excited...Its okay...[b]Go to youtube and type in Last play[/b]... One of the best speeches I've ever seen a high school coach make.. Gotta have more emotion IMO and maybe that was the key ingredient that wasn't there. Its the boys game, they need to "allowed" to get excited..Hey get them a run thru and blow the smoke if thats what they want...

Sorry FOOTBALLFEVER, but if the kids need a run through and smoke to get them excited maybe they shouldnt be playing the game.  Your reasoning  "Hey get them a run thru and blow the smoke if thats what they want" is what is wrong with a lot of kids these days. How big is Katy's run through?  They dont have one.  Maybe more can be done to excite the kids but I think Price did a good job when I played there and we even went 3 deep without smoke and a run through. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Go-rilla" post="732098" timestamp="1261063591"]
true Katy is wthout a run through tunnel. But dont get it twisted.
Get to a Katy game early and see the entire warmup, Then read their run through sign. Big and old school.
Katy does alot more than people think, than just getting off the bus.
[/quote]

The point is that Katy and its boosters focus on what happens between the white lines (However, there were some grumblings last year when Katy got off to a slow start that the new coach needed to go. I guess the state title changed those opinions).

In Katy they raise a TON of money and spend it on things that improve the football program. They do all this while maintaing a high academic standard. Coach Price said that a tunnel was not going to win or lose a football game. Based on his record, it appears that he was correct.

Don't read too much into the tunnel comment, My point is the game belongs to the kids,Its supposed to be fun! If something like a tunnel, that hurts absolutely nothing is important to your group of kids and the money is there, let them have it...I agree it won't win or lose games, but its about perception, that your open to your kids and inclusive, its not my way or the highway...  I just hope the new coach will ride the bus to the games.....

Very true on both parts on the run-thru and the smoke. Did anybody watch the the documentry "The U" very good. They talked about coming out of the smoke in their tunnel how it fired them up. But the point is you can have all the smoke and run throughs you want but when the smoke clears you better have the players to back it up and they did.

Another point, as you can see there is people on here that are very passionate about BH and I'm glad to see that. I am very supportive of Coach Price. He coach one of my boys and did a very fine job as well as the assistants coaches. They taught him more than football. But you people need to realize that BH was here before he got here and it will be here long after we are gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't support what they (sup, board members and few select IDIOTS in the community - as they are refered to as "Stakeholders" - I'm still trying to figure that out) did to him but we will move on, I hope so, we had a good thing going with the athletic program. We've all heard the saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it." Am I saying the next guy will do as good as job as Coach Price? I don't know but time will tell, he's going to have to coach his butt off with the type of kids we have here. I've heard and read how we are loaded with athletes for the next couple of years. I'm wondering what games they have been watching or am I missing something. Every game I've been to I haven't seen a dominating player on the field from the 7th grade to the varsity. The next guy that comes in will have to thick skin to put up with the stuff that goes along with the job.

And here we go again the Price battle cry :'( I just don't know how BH is ever going to win again!

Price is the MAN

Our Kids Stink

Our Super Stinks

Our Board Stinks

Our Parents Stink

Our Stadium Stinks

I thought the end of the world wasn't going to happen until 2012 ;D

[quote name="Bobcat" post="732169" timestamp="1261072051"]
Very true on both parts on the run-thru and the smoke. Did anybody watch the the documentry "The U" very good. They talked about coming out of the smoke in their tunnel how it fired them up. But the point is you can have all the smoke and run throughs you want but when the smoke clears you better have the players to back it up and they did.

Another point, as you can see there is people on here that are very passionate about BH and I'm glad to see that. I am very supportive of Coach Price. He coach one of my boys and did a very fine job as well as the assistants coaches. They taught him more than football. But you people need to realize that BH was here before he got here and it will be here long after we are gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't support what they (sup, board members and few select IDIOTS in the community - as they are refered to as "Stakeholders" - I'm still trying to figure that out) did to him but we will move on, I hope so, we had a good thing going with the athletic program. We've all heard the saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it." Am I saying the next guy will do as good as job as Coach Price? I don't know but time will tell, he's going to have to coach his butt off with the type of kids we have here. I've heard and read how we are loaded with athletes for the next couple of years. I'm wondering what games they have been watching or am I missing something. Every game I've been to I haven't seen a dominating player on the field from the 7th grade to the varsity. The next guy that comes in will have to thick skin to put up with the stuff that goes along with the job.
[/quote]

That's it!  I am buying you a purple shirt with horse manuer on it and having your trailer towed 13 miles North........  ;D ;D 

[URL=http://img205.imageshack.us/i/horseu.jpg/][IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/379/horseu.jpg[/img][/URL]

[quote name="Stranger" post="732255" timestamp="1261082744"]
BHFAN, I thought since you talked bad about Price for so long that means we can do the same about the board, super, and parents.  You my friend have a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
[/quote]

If the Board, Super and Parents would have been calling the plays the last 6 years I would have gave them heck as well ;D But to assume that Price was an Angel and everyone else is as fault for his departure just doesn't make sense (Sounds like New Orleans after Katrina and Poole is the Goverment). I only give opinions on those that are paid by BHISD and the Board/Parents/Kids are not. The Super is getting slammed on here for removing a Coach for God sakes! The only issue that I have had with Poole was the incident with his kid, besides that I can't see what he is doing to make BH bad! I have not spoke to one person on this topic where they were shocked of what has happened and most are PUMPED to get a new AD. We can cry and whine about the mean ole Super till next year, but it don't matter the new AD is coming and BH will continue to achieve excellence!

Speaking of PUMPED Coach Price should be laughing all the way to the bank!! 150 K Bonus Merry Christmas! and he will be back at work next year leading his next school to better things!

Guest SKEETER09
Jody, I mean bh89-2, that looks like you and BHFAN. BHFAN is the mule and you are the trailer. I know BHFAN is a little larger than you but thats the picture I see when I see you two together. I sure hope he has turn signals we don't need any broke noses.

[quote name="SKEETER09" post="732306" timestamp="1261090554"]
Jody, I mean bh89-2, that looks like you and BHFAN. BHFAN is the mule and you are the trailer. I know BHFAN is a little larger than you but thats the picture I see when I see you two together. I sure hope he has turn signals we don't need any broke noses.
[/quote]

Had I known you were into watching guys, we would have given you the ride long ago.  Come out of the closet man and take the caddy for a spin.  Pretty sure Stranger will help lube your wheels if they start squeaking....... ;D ;D ;D 

Keeping on topic, how about Neuman from Nederland?  ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="732434" timestamp="1261110024"]
[quote author=SKEETER09 link=topic=62612.msg732306#msg732306 date=1261090554]
[/quote]

Had I known you were into watching guys, we would have given you the ride long ago.  Come out of the closet man and take the caddy for a spin.  Pretty sure Stranger will help lube your wheels if they start squeaking....... ;D ;D ;D   

Keeping on topic, how about Neuman from Nederland?   ;)
[/quote]

I think Neuman had an offer from LaMarque a couple of years ago and turned it down and I believe Nederland gave him a raise. Don't know if he would even apply - don't know the guy but we will see.

[quote name="Bobcat" post="732169" timestamp="1261072051"]

[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder