Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougarshow33" post="739552" timestamp="1262820243"]
The coach who came to barbers hill today for a visit was abilene wylie AD/head football coach. His name is coach sandifer
[/quote]
If that is who came today he has a pretty impressive record. See link below and read down right side of page

[url=http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/400/]Coach Sandifer[/url]

With all that success in Abilene why would he want to go to Barbers Hill? Seems as though he might be bucking for some more money from his current school to me, kind of like Neumann from Nederland did with Lamarque a couple years ago.  Unless he really wants to move to the Baytown area?? My bet is the cash.  Wonder who else applied that is noteworthy.  Sandifer looks to have a good resume.  Anyone else out there or is it hush hush like PNG was? 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="739427" timestamp="1262806371"]
[quote author=gcmbigdaddy link=topic=62612.msg739419#msg739419 date=1262805434]
i heard that someone was supposed to be on campus today.
[/quote]

Ok please let it be Mike Leach ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Let's go with Leach. he won't need much money after his lawyers settle. Besides we have a couple of extra sheds for concussions.

Thats what I am saying BobSeger.  I think a guy who has been there as long as he has would only entertain going somewhere else like BH for that reason.  He is more than likely making around 90k or so now, so if he could get another 10k from them or better I think he would stay there.  Any news guys on here get the list of names that applied?  File an FOI or something.  Hope they make a good hire.  Who knows what will happen on the hill?  I am sure he could care less about PNG lol.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="eagleclaws09" post="740240" timestamp="1262918142"]
Thats what I am saying BobSeger.  I think a guy who has been there as long as he has would only entertain going somewhere else like BH for that reason.  He is more than likely making around 90k or so now, so if he could get another 10k from them or better I think he would stay there.  Any news guys on here get the list of names that applied?  File an FOI or something.  Hope they make a good hire.  Who knows what will happen on the hill?  I am sure he could care less about PNG lol.
[/quote]

The new guy might need to focus on winning some district games first. THEN worry about non-district opponents like PNG.

It was a joke about PNG guys ::) No telling why the guy is here, but I am glad to see some intrest from parts outside of BH and its surrounding counties. Keep bringing them in from afar! We need some fresh air and someone younger IMHO. No uncles, cousins , friends of friends, just a good hard working football mind that has some balls and not afraid to hurt someones feelings ;D

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="739527" timestamp="1262815695"]
Well don't be surprised but i would be willing to bet your next HC has some deep BH/Cove/Old River roots,that go back many years ago and he has a pretty good program over at Giddings...Money may be the reason or the love to get back to the Hill...To bad someone from Crosby had to know this first......[u][b]My money is on Fitzhenry[/b][/u]......
[/quote]

You guys would be lucky to get a quality coach like fitzhenry.  You want tough, hard nosed football.  You want someone to go in and take care of buisiness and get the program back to where it should be, then he is your man.  Guy has great creds and is a proven winner.  Better get him fast because he will get other offers very soon.

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="739527" timestamp="1262815695"]
Well don't be surprised but i would be willing to bet your next HC has some deep BH/Cove/Old River roots,that go back many years ago and he has a pretty good program over at Giddings...Money may be the reason or the love to get back to the Hill...To bad someone from Crosby had to know this first......My money is on Fitzhenry......
[/quote]

I just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag.  

The man still has a school he is employed by, but he has been waiting for the opportunity and I hope he gets it.  

He tried back before the DP era and we know what happened there and we missed out on Brock Fitzhenry who is in the top ten if not top five in Texas Rushing History and now playing for UT playing with the Pattons & Fisher...wonder what would have happened there.  

Now he has one of the most successfull programs in 3A in the last 5 years.  

He would be great for the school and he wants to come here not just for the money either.  

His father played with Dan Hooks way back when and he would love to be the one that takes the Hill to the next level and I believe he is capable of it.  

He knows BH football tradition and wants to be a part of it!

I have also heard that the AD and Head Coach are going to be two different positions.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Eagletown" post="740703" timestamp="1262967514"]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=62612.msg739527#msg739527 date=1262815695]
Well don't be surprised but i would be willing to bet your next HC has some deep BH/Cove/Old River roots,that go back many years ago and he has a pretty good program over at Giddings...Money may be the reason or the love to get back to the Hill...To bad someone from Crosby had to know this first......My money is on Fitzhenry......
[/quote]

The man still has a school he is employed by, but he has been waiting for the opportunity and I hope he gets it. 

He tried back before the DP era and we know what happened there and we missed out on Brock Fitzhenry who is in the top ten if not top five in Texas Rushing History and now playing for UT playing with the Pattons & Fisher...wonder what would have happened there. 

He would be great for the school and he wants to come here not just for the money either. 

His father played with Dan Hooks way back when and he would love to be the one that takes the Hill to the next level and I believe he is capable of it. 

He knows BH football tradition wants to be a part of it!

[/b]I have also heard that the AD and Head Coach are going to be two different positions.[/b]
[/quote]

That is not how the job was posted. There is no need for those two salaries in a single high school district.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="740709" timestamp="1262967712"]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=62612.msg740703#msg740703 date=1262967514]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=62612.msg739527#msg739527 date=1262815695]
[/quote]

[/b]I have also heard that the AD and Head Coach are going to be two different positions.[/b]
[/quote]

That is not how the job was posted. There is no need for those two salaries in a single high school district.
[/quote]

I am just telling you what I heard you may have a better contact... than a school board member (HEE HEE) but who knows, we will see wont we.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Eagletown" post="740743" timestamp="1262969284"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg740709#msg740709 date=1262967712]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am just telling you what I heard you may have a better contact... than a school board member (HEE HEE) but who knows, we will see wont we.
[/quote]

I do not have a "contact". I have seen the job posting. It would make no sense for a small 4-A school district to have those two salaries on the books. It's just not good money management in my opinion. Sheldon ISD does it locally, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. But you are correct, we shall see.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="740757" timestamp="1262969898"]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=62612.msg740743#msg740743 date=1262969284]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do not have a "contact". I have seen the job posting. It would make no sense for a small 4-A school district to have those two salaries on the books. It's just not good money management in my opinion. Sheldon ISD does it locally, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. But you are correct, we shall see.
[/quote]

Let me rephrase that statement they are considering making it 2 seperate positions... How's that?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Eagletown" post="740771" timestamp="1262970580"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg740757#msg740757 date=1262969898]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me rephrase that statement they are considering making it 2 seperate positions... How's that?
[/quote]

Hence the waste of money. Administrator positions are not cheap. $60-80K at least.
Would the high school then have a "Campus AD"? If not, what would the football coach do with all his free time? Teach? You only have 1-2 athletic periods. They are not going to pay him to do nothing.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="740783" timestamp="1262970996"]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=62612.msg740771#msg740771 date=1262970580]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hence the waste of money. Administrator positions are not cheap. $60-80K at least.
Would the high school then have a "Campus AD"? If not, what would the football coach do with all his free time? Teach? You only have 1-2 athletic periods. They are not going to pay him to do nothing.
[/quote]

We saved some money by buying some used computers from some Dayton kids last year, so the budget is good to go....... ;D ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="740825" timestamp="1262973400"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg740783#msg740783 date=1262970996]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=62612.msg740771#msg740771 date=1262970580]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We saved some money by buying some used computers from some Dayton kids last year, so the budget is good to go....... ;D ;D
[/quote]
Did ya'll store them with your run-through tunnel?

[quote name="BobSeger" post="740864" timestamp="1262977492"]
Fitzhenry would be a great choice. I agree!
[/quote]

Well... please do your part and talk to the school board members and let them know your thoughts and tell others to do the same.  Let them know what the community thinks. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder