Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="dayton" post="740832" timestamp="1262974219"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=62612.msg740825#msg740825 date=1262973400]
We saved some money by buying some used computers from some Dayton kids last year, so the budget is good to go....... ;D ;D
[/quote]

never gets old for you does it?  ;)
[/quote]

It never gets old for a person like JODY, I mean bh89-2, which has no class.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Diamond-J" post="741011" timestamp="1262993898"]
Separating the Head FB coaches position from the AD is the coming thing---if you can find the right people it is the thing to do
[/quote]

Most all larger school districts already have an AD that presides over the district and then assign a Campus AD to each high school (Usually it's the head football coach. At Sterling, we have a boy's and a girl's campus co-ordinator). Most small or single high school districts usually have the high school football coach serving as district AD. If you only have one high school and one jr high, it really seems unreasonable and financially unsound to have both.

Usually the people that are fighting for them to be two seperate positions are the ones that have no vested interest in football.  They ususally have or had kids in other sports.  Does not make sense at this point to do so.  Maybe if BH ever gets to 5A status.  If they did not want to spend the money for turf origianally, or a better scoreboard, or better visitor stands, then I CAN see them wanting to make it two different positions.  I think its ridiculous but as we have seen, when you fire a 100 win coach who raised the level of all athletic programs to EXCELLENCE anything is possible on the hill.  I guess we will just wait and watch the show unfold.  Originally there was going to be only one spot as posted, but I guess the powers that be reserve the right to do whatever they want regardless of what they may have origianlly said.

[quote name="eagleclaws09" post="741267" timestamp="1263056096"]
Usually the people that are fighting for them to be two seperate positions are the ones that have no vested interest in football.  They ususally have or had kids in other sports.  Does not make sense at this point to do so.  Maybe if BH ever gets to 5A status.  If they did not want to spend the money for turf origianally, or a better scoreboard, or better visitor stands, then I CAN see them wanting to make it two different positions.  I think its ridiculous but as we have seen, when you fire a 100 win coach who raised the level of all athletic programs to EXCELLENCE anything is possible on the hill.  I guess we will just wait and watch the show unfold.  Originally there was going to be only one spot as posted, but I guess the powers that be reserve the right to do whatever they want regardless of what they may have origianlly said.
[/quote]For the sake of disclosure--I have had sons in football and every other sport in our district. We are a 4A program and I would expect that when the time is right we will separate the job of AD from the head FB coach----the biggest problem is not the dollars but that most ADs want control over the entire athletic program---therefore you must have the right people in place.

why should it matter if price was let go, even though, he had built the program and been there for many years.  if i remember correctly there was a coach there for 12-15 years.  he won a state championship but was dismissed the next year when he did not win the district championship.  i think those were the days that you had to come in first in district to advance, not 4th.  price did good with what he had but if lee and humble come into the district, they need mack brown or saban.

UGot Trucked....What... it's not your conference time for you to chime in or are you grading those English papers?  You haven't spoken in a while.  But, you've always had the INSIDE track, right?  On everything!  Your better half helps you out with that.  She didn't get shuffled too far away from the board room tapings.  I wouldn't go spewing opinions around and then posting information that gives your identity away.  Dr. Poole will be over to visit you next week too!

You can always hide under identities here, but with my first posting and my first view of this site, you are caught red handed.

Freshman...you are in close contact if not the man.

You see, it's more fun to figure you guys out than to post about something none of you will have control over.

Baytown Sterling needs some help! Coach Price could've had this job a few years back and I hope he's still interested in it. The current HC has had plenty of time with minimal results. Time for a change GCCISD, get Price while you can. If he'll take it. Sterling needs a change and this would be a great opportunity to get a proven head coach (which they don't have in charge now).

I hope we get a proven winner, like Hugh Sandifer. Someone that has shown he knows how to build a successful program. A program that consistantly compeats at a high level year in and year out. Someone that will work for all the athlete's in our school system male or female. Is that asking too much?

[quote name="oldsarge777" post="741829" timestamp="1263162483"]
When will the Baytown Sun do an open records request for the list of applicants?
[/quote]

I think this thing will be over before an FOI request can even be processed.  This is not going to be a drawn out affair like PNG.  I hear their are LOTs of applicants and a decision, or at least offers, will be made soon. 

[b]UGot Trucked....What... it's not your conference time for you to chime in or are you grading those English papers?  You haven't spoken in a while.  But, you've always had the INSIDE track, right?  On everything!  Your better half helps you out with that.  She didn't get shuffled too far away from the board room tapings.  I wouldn't go spewing opinions around and then posting information that gives your identity away.  Dr. Poole will be over to visit you next week too!

You can always hide under identities here, but with my first posting and my first view of this site, you are caught red handed.[/b]

Well thank you Sherlock! I appreciate you sharing your brilliant deductions with the board. Or was DR. Watson the one known for his deductive prowess? No Matter. I do not have anything posted on here to be ashamed of or that I would take back. I was there in '05 at the first attempt, and I'm just savvy enough to know what went down this time.

As far as grading papers, if as you've posted have read through my posts, you would know that I would have no business grading papers. The reason for not posting lately... well it was fun while the season lasted and as you pointed out I have voiced my opinion about coach Price leaving. But as of yet no one has posted anything that would make me change my mind.

Hopefully BH can move on and get behind the New guy ... well until THEY decide that he doesn't kiss butt and want a another new one. :-)

Article from Abilene Online Newspaper:

Hugh Sandifer confirmed Friday that he is a candidate to fill the head football-athletic director vacancy at Class 4A Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill.

However, the 24-year Wylie football coach-athletic director said any talk suggesting he’ll be the next Eagles coach is premature.

“I’m not actively looking to leave (Wylie) or anything like that,” he said.

Sandifer said he and his wife, Brenda, were invited and chose to make the trip to Mont Belvieu, located about 30 miles east of Houston, this week to “check everything out.” He described the visit as “low-key and informal.”

Sandifer said it was the Barbers Hill administration that contacted him about the job. Asked if Barbers Hill offered him the job, Sandider declined to comment.

Barbers Hill is replacing coach/athletic director Don Price, who resigned Nov. 18 after posting a 99-35 record in 11 years with the Eagles.

Price, the second-winningest coach in school history, coached Barbers Hill to 5-5 regular-season record and a fourth-place finish in District 19-4A this past season, which ended with a 21-7 loss to Port Neches-Grove in the bidistrict round of the 4A Division II playoffs.

Rumors that Sandifer was being pursued for the opening took hold earlier this week, as his name popped up on numerous high school football Web sites.

Among those are smoky.com, a site run by Texas high school sports pundit David Smoak; setxsports.com, a site specializing in sports in Southeast Texas; and 3adownlow.com, a site dedicated to sports information pertaining to 3A schools.

“My wife and I went and looked. Once it gets on the Internet, everyone makes their own assumption,” Sandifer said.

Sandifer, who has a 211-80-4 record at Wylie and formerly coached the boys basketball team, has built the school’s football program into a Class 3A powerhouse. Wylie has made 16 consecutive playoff appearances, claimed at least a share of 11 straight district titles and played in three 3A Division I state championship games — winning the title in 2004.

Barbers Hill, which claims to be in the top 5 in teacher salaries and to have a $250,000 athletic budget, has had its share of football success as well, but the Eagles’ success has tapered off some since they made the jump from 3A to 4A in 2006.

The Eagles, who competed in 3A or below until 2005, won the 1A state championships in 1971 and 1976, but Barbers Hill hasn’t advanced past the area round of the playoffs since 1999.

Price had five perfect regular seasons during his time in Mont Belvieu — including in 2006, Barber Hills’ first year in 4A. But he was just 24-17 in the school’s four years at the 4A level and 14-16 the past three seasons.

According to a story in the Baytown Sun, when Price resigned, the coach was making $98,800 annually.

Sandifer’s youngest daughter, is a Wylie senior. He is a 1978 graduate of Abilene Christian University, playing basketball and baseball for the Wildcats.

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="742304" timestamp="1263244379"]
Article from Abilene Online Newspaper:

Hugh Sandifer confirmed Friday that he is a candidate to fill the head football-athletic director vacancy at Class 4A Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill.

However, the 24-year Wylie football coach-athletic director said any talk suggesting he’ll be the next Eagles coach is premature.

“I’m not actively looking to leave (Wylie) or anything like that,” he said.

Sandifer said he and his wife, Brenda, were invited and chose to make the trip to Mont Belvieu, located about 30 miles east of Houston, this week to “check everything out.” He described the visit as “low-key and informal.”

Sandifer said it was the Barbers Hill administration that contacted him about the job. Asked if Barbers Hill offered him the job, Sandider declined to comment.

Barbers Hill is replacing coach/athletic director Don Price, who resigned Nov. 18 after posting a 99-35 record in 11 years with the Eagles.

Price, the second-winningest coach in school history, coached Barbers Hill to 5-5 regular-season record and a fourth-place finish in District 19-4A this past season, which ended with a 21-7 loss to Port Neches-Grove in the bidistrict round of the 4A Division II playoffs.

Rumors that Sandifer was being pursued for the opening took hold earlier this week, as his name popped up on numerous high school football Web sites.

Among those are smoky.com, a site run by Texas high school sports pundit David Smoak; setxsports.com, a site specializing in sports in Southeast Texas; and 3adownlow.com, a site dedicated to sports information pertaining to 3A schools.

“My wife and I went and looked. Once it gets on the Internet, everyone makes their own assumption,” Sandifer said.

Sandifer, who has a 211-80-4 record at Wylie and formerly coached the boys basketball team, has built the school’s football program into a Class 3A powerhouse. Wylie has made 16 consecutive playoff appearances, claimed at least a share of 11 straight district titles and played in three 3A Division I state championship games — winning the title in 2004.

Barbers Hill, which claims to be in the top 5 in teacher salaries and to have a $250,000 athletic budget, has had its share of football success as well, but the Eagles’ success has tapered off some since they made the jump from 3A to 4A in 2006.

The Eagles, who competed in 3A or below until 2005, won the 1A state championships in 1971 and 1976, but Barbers Hill hasn’t advanced past the area round of the playoffs since 1999.

Price had five perfect regular seasons during his time in Mont Belvieu — including in 2006, Barber Hills’ first year in 4A. But he was just 24-17 in the school’s four years at the 4A level and 14-16 the past three seasons.

According to a story in the Baytown Sun, when Price resigned, the coach was making $98,800 annually.

Sandifer’s youngest daughter, is a Wylie senior. He is a 1978 graduate of Abilene Christian University, playing basketball and baseball for the Wildcats.

[/quote]

The key line is BH administration. Maybe it should have said an individual from the BH administration. ;D

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="742398" timestamp="1263258712"]
Price was a good 3A coach that couldn't cut it in 4A.  Sounds like Sandi-whoever is a good 3A coach that might get his chance.  Why not hire a good 5A coach that could dominate in 4A and manage the program as it expands?  Seems small minded to me.
[/quote]

This post makes absolutely no sense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder