coach of the year goes to who this year

skipper

To the Flanagan Nay sayers. No coach deserves the award  more than him in 19-4a... Injuries we had just as many as anyone else, (heck we're still a little banged up), a turn around.... enough said. Won the BIG games against BIG rivals (BH check, Dayton Check).

And i'm going to answer this aqusation that we only one from other misfortune. two examples.

Baytown sun, and CHron officially have 4 fumbles and a Pick in the Dayton game.

1 was on a kick, 1 a botched snap, 1 was a hit on Ploch, and i don't know where the other was. The PICK was a defensive end forcing an overthrow and a corner back taking it to the house.

PLOCH was healthy before this game (not after however).

Also it was a SHUTOUT! which means they didn't move the ball all night.

IF thats not taking a game then every single game that a team has won this year with turnovers in it is now not earned.

BH game... Starting running back didn't play 1-2 the game, Merka was being held back all game by the coaches.

Crosby's defense absolutely battered the offense... under the same token of DAYTON being a "gift" then BH shouldn't of been in that game. They Drove the ball the first two drives and came away with 9 points. Thier sole other touchdown was a big play in which our safety missed his assignment. thats every point they scored that game. The offense was obviously injured but they still pulled out the victory...

Everyone who discredits what the COOGs are doing are BLIND! simply a great D wins championships.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="699601" timestamp="1257564798"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=61840.msg699519#msg699519 date=1257563322]
Dayton lost the two best players to ever play in Dayton and will probably finish the regular season 8-2.  I'll take Jerry Stewart and since we're finishing the decade I'll take Jerry Stewart for coach of the decade. 
[/quote]

I don't know all of Dayton's history but I think D. Pearson was certainly as good as Dugat and Green. 
[/quote]

AJ is the best player to ever play in Dayton, but Cody and Dak are a tough argument for second

There is some coach over on the west side of Orange named Dan Hooks. I do agree that all of the coaches that have been mentioned on this thread have had amazing seasons and have done wonderful jobs this season but, the fact of the matter is that none of these good coaches have done anything that Hooks has not done this season and so many other seasons time and again. He does not get the credit due to him because they "always" win. I would think that a real football fan would understand that the wins are not just given to him and the players, they are earned because of hard work and because of the manner that he has run the program. It is true that the coaches named have done a good job this year but why not recognize a good job year after year? Not just a one year wonder.

[quote name="billy madison" post="697858" timestamp="1257438154"]
coach mark williams is an outstanding coach so i think he should be coach of the year seeing as his team is one win away from a perfect season and a district championship.
[/quote]Coach Will should definitely get the nod now. 10-0. Great job Coach

My vote is (obviously) for Faircloth.

I spoke with a friend tonight and it didn't really hit me until then that this team was the team that noone outside of Indian fans believed in before the season began. I can remember people saying that Faircloth "wasn't proven" and that the Indians "just didn't have it in them" and that it would take "more than one season to turn around."

I don't mean to be rude or arrogant, but I'm sitting here looking back on a perfect season (10-0) and thinking about that shiny new district championship trophy that's going to be sitting in the fieldhouse come Monday morning and realizing that those voices are now silent.

Faircloth has done an outstanding job, and the beautiful thing about his association with the Indian nation is that he stated from day #1 that it wasn't just about football. That man and his staff have revitalized this school. Our academic teams have taken top honors at every meet they've attended so far, our volleyball team went to the playoffs, our band and drill team competed at the Area F Marching Competition, our district and high school have both received TEA's "Recognized" designation, and PN-G has risen to a state of energy and spirit unrivaled by any school in this area, arguably this state - all of which is at least in part due to the success on the football field and Coach Faircloth's arrival and school-oriented mentality. Faircloth has not only celebrated the football victories, he has celebrated every victory that this school has had this year. Coach Faircloth isn't just a coach, he's a true [s]blue[/s] purple Indian. Neither I nor my fellow classmates have ever been more proud to be called "Indians," and I think that Coach Faircloth has opened the door for a new period of prosperity at PN-G that will allow future students to feel the same pride that we do.

Coach Faircloth, if you read this, thank you. You've worked a miracle. The contrast between this year and the last few is amazing.

Obviously you have to give PNG' Faircloth the nod for coach of the year for going 10 and 0 for the first time in 32 years.  I think coach Newman from Ned should get a close second from taking a team from a down year and making the playoffs with the 4th string QB. Give him props for accomplishing that feat !!

I think Coach Bob Jones from Shepherd would be a great pick for the 22-3A District. He took a team that had no respect or confidence and showed them they can win. He has really turned the Shepherd program around. Can't wait to see whats to come next year! Great job Pirate Coaching staff!

[quote name="78Stang" post="699984" timestamp="1257568987"]
So are trying to say that Dan has not done anything this year? I recall that the Mustangs beat Neuman's bulldogs, Huckaby"s bobcats and Crouch's bears. Just some of the coaches that have been nominated as "Coach of the Year"
[/quote]

This is just another WOS area post that has to nominate their own.  I did see where COOP crossed the boundaries.  8)
But as nicely as I can put this, if you guys at WOS could learn how to be proud of your accomplishments and at the same time keep them in perspective, you might get some outside the city limits respect. Respect is earned, not solicited.
I'll have to go with Faircloth also----sorry Dan, but you had a young team, with bad ref's, mistakes, controversial calls, wet fields, ....etc  and a Vollyball scheduling conflict

Faircloth unanamously
Although argument could be made for Neumann pulling Ned, together at the end and making playoffs.
coach Washington, for keeping the Jags on track after losing Stowers following that playoff run Last year
Coach stump for winning a Distirict Championship and coaching his team to a 5-0 district record

Being a hard core Nederland fan this one is easy, it has to be Faircloth. There is no debate. Had PNG been 8-2 and made the playoffs or something similar, a debate could be made. The fact that he took his team from just about worst to first and did so with an undefeated team and has them in the top 10 in the state makes it no issue.

Neumann did a great job this year with the hand he was dealt. Everyone talks about the quarterback situation but a lot of other players were lost. Everyone loses people but Nederland had a terrible rash of injuries to key people. What a finish to make it to the dance..... but it still doesn't overcome what Faircloth did and in his first year.

Faircloth gets all of the 1st place votes for 20-4A this year. Neumann might get all of the second place votes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder