coach of the year goes to who this year

skipper

Ok, I gotta go with Brandon Faircloth, but if he doesn't get it then I also agree Coach Neuman would be a good choice.  Sometimes it's not about how many games you win, but the adversity you overcome to get there, and he has done a FABULOUS job with the hand he was delt!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MMSLB" post="697002" timestamp="1257362463"]
Hey Gabe did you notice I am the only other person to name Neumann. You and me thinking alike, does that scare you!!! :D
[/quote]

It does scare me a bit. Just means we are the smartest ones here

Coach Roy Harper of Burkeville

Coach Harper is an excellent coach. He is 100% dedicated to helping the children and the sports program. He is a great mentor on and off the field. In the many years, he has coach for Burkeville he has created a tradition of excellence in the sports programs. Even though, the program faced a slump during the time he was gone, he came back with the same winning attitude, the same persistence, and dedication as if he never left. Throughout this year, we at Burkeville has seen a tremendous improvement in our football team. Ive had the experience of watching him coach during practice, to me it's like sitting in a classroom. Coach Harper teaches to children to play with pride and to believe in theirselves. If you don't know anything about the game of football, I guarantee one practice session with Coach Harper and you'll learn alot. Thank you Coach Harper for what you are doing at Burkeville. We bleed BLUE and White!!!

I have to say Coach Alvarez who having another fine season considering tons of skilled players lost to graduation. Before the season started everyone was writing Kirbyville off, but they started out hustling and ENDED UP BALLIN like Lil Wayne say on his song!! Go CATS!!! Bring that title to Southeast Texas baby!!

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="696831" timestamp="1257352931"]
My picks for coach of the year for each SETX district:

21-5A     jury still out
19-4A   Kevin Flanigan, Crosby
20-4A  Brandon Faircloth, PNG
21-3A  Bobby McGallion, Silsbee
22-3A  Bob Jones, Shepherd
22-2A  Curtis Barbay, Newton
23-2A  Tony Valastro, East Chambers
23-1A  Alex Davis, Colmesneil
[/quote]

Why?

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="697130" timestamp="1257369364"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg696831#msg696831 date=1257352931]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

Because I thought they have done the best job of the coaches within their districts.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="697135" timestamp="1257369562"]
[quote author=Silsbee88 link=topic=61840.msg697130#msg697130 date=1257369364]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

Because I thought they have done the best job of the coaches within their districts.
[/quote]

What does the jury need to see in 21-5A?

[quote name="westend1" post="697143" timestamp="1257370173"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg697135#msg697135 date=1257369562]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will definetly give it to Stump if he takes down NS Friday night. Otherwise, Harrison would get my vote as long as they win Friday night.

While I can somewhat see Colmesneil's Davis winning the award. I would be remiss if I did not at least make a case for Evadale's Mark Williams.

Williams who won the award last year took a 1A squad that lost 10 seniors off the district championship team that went 7-4 and molded the 2009 version into a team that is 9-0 and one win away from not only a perfect district record, but a perfect regular season record. Only two other schools even have an opportunity to complete the perfect season trick.

Williams had to replace the 1A player of the year at running back, his quarterback, his fullback, several recievers, all of his defensive back field, an all district inside linebacker, and two all distirct defensive and offensive linemen.

Williams with this team has guided the Rebels into the playoffs for four straight years and has built a solid 1A program that will likely be state ranked in 2010 with the split division system and the return of every offensive and defensive linemen, all but one linebacker, his quarterback, fullback and back up tailback. Not to mention that once again the Rebels will have a fresh group of players coming up from the JV who have gone 6-1 this season.

I believe that Mark Williams is a class act and deserving of the Coach of the Year nod in 1A once again in 2009.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="697149" timestamp="1257370369"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=61840.msg697143#msg697143 date=1257370173]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg697135#msg697135 date=1257369562]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will definetly give it to Stump if he takes down NS Friday night. Otherwise, Harrison would get my vote as long as they win Friday night.
[/quote]Fair enough.  But with two or three returning starters for WB, and a win over Memorial,a district title, along with the PAM/Channelview fiasco, I would have to say Stump has done the better job, whatever happens with NS>  JMO

Coach Stump for 21-5a.  Took a young team that nobody expected to compete for a district championship.

Coach Faircloth 20-4a.  Have this Indian team reaved up  from a horrible season last year to a possible outright district championship, trip to the playoffs, and broke the top 10 polls in the state.

[quote name="skipper" post="696771" timestamp="1257350669"]
i say the coach from PN-G super job for a first year coach in this part of the country
[/quote]

After watching PNG play BH the first game, I would have to agree.  PNG is a MUCH better team now than when they played game 1.  That's what good coaches do. 

I saw Crosby's Flannigan mentioned, however Crosby has been the benifactor of other's misfortune.  I don't see it as Crosby doing anyting different or improved to win over Dayton or BH.  Flannigan even admitted this in the Baytown Sun after the BH loss.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="697178" timestamp="1257372560"]
Coach Stump for 21-5a.  Took a young team that nobody expected to compete for a district championship.

Coach Faircloth 20-4a.  Have this Indian team reaved up  from a horrible season last year to a possible outright district championship, trip to the playoffs, and broke the top 10 polls in the state.
[/quote]

I like the way you think Soulja  ;)!

I think Nuemen is a great coach ,and has brought Nederland to the top for a long time ,But this year I believe should be Faircloths ,for providing a new staff and attitude  to PNG......He was not going to be denied getting the coaches he wanted ...to help him dominate and get the job done....and also from what i hear, is involved from flag football all the way up to varsity.....

Faircloth in a walk away. There has been some outstanding coaching going on in a  season with lots of injuries, etc (Neumann anyone), but to totally change the recent culture of PNG football (sorry Injuns, you havent been relevant for several years) into a state contender, well Faircloth gets my vote. Now PNG needs to watch out, there may be some bigger schools out there that may come calling, as great a spot as PNG is to coach, the lure of a big 5A school is hard to ignore.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="696831" timestamp="1257352931"]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]
If it's based on regular season, we should wait til Saturday Morning

[quote name="Warpaint101" post="697271" timestamp="1257378703"]
I think Nuemen is a great coach ,and has brought Nederland to the top for a long time ,But this year I believe should be Faircloths ,for providing a new staff and attitude  to PNG......He was not going to be denied getting the coaches he wanted ...to help him dominate and get the job done....and also from what i hear, is involved from flag football all the way up to varsity.....
[/quote]

Coach Faircloth is very involved at every level.  My son plays flag football and although I didn't see him at any of the games, I heard that he held a clinic in the Summer so he could teach his system to all the coaches, that way by the time the kids get to the high school level, they know the plays, just have to fine tune everything...pretty cool!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83