coach of the year goes to who this year

skipper

[quote name="bulldogdad55" post="700840" timestamp="1257621854"]
Oh chill out Squaw .. This Forum here is for Opinions .. i just voiced mine like everyone else does .. if you don't agree then its your opinion.
[/quote]
I have NO problem with your opinion, but your remark that Nederland played in the rain and mud is ludicrous! I personally stood 4 hours in the pouring rain and sat another 2 hours at Livingston. Also, it got bitter cold and we almost froze. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FPHS 78
not po'ed that he left, po'ed that he took a couple of starters with him..."come with me Joe, getcha a PAC 10 scholarship"....

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="696852" timestamp="1257354001"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61840.msg696839#msg696839 date=1257353256]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg696831#msg696831 date=1257352931]
My picks for coach of the year for each SETX district:

21-5A     jury still out
19-4A   Kevin Flanigan, Crosby
20-4A  Brandon Faircloth, PNG
21-3A  Bobby McGallion, Silsbee
22-3A  Bob Jones, Shepherd
22-2A  Curtis Barbay, Newton
23-2A  Tony Valastro, East Chambers
23-1A  Alex Davis, Colmesneil
[/quote]

Your picks are on target. I would have to give the edge to Criag Stump in 21-5A.
[/quote]

I doubt that would hurt the feelings of our PAM fans.  It might upset Kelly Fans cause they are still Po'ed from loosing him.  
[/quote]

[quote name="FPHS 78" post="702734" timestamp="1257800454"]
not po'ed that he left, po'ed that he took a couple of starters with him..."come with me Joe, getcha a PAC 10 scholarship"....

[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=61840.msg696852#msg696852 date=1257354001]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61840.msg696839#msg696839 date=1257353256]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg696831#msg696831 date=1257352931]
My picks for coach of the year for each SETX district:

21-5A     jury still out
19-4A   Kevin Flanigan, Crosby
20-4A  Brandon Faircloth, PNG
21-3A  Bobby McGallion, Silsbee
22-3A  Bob Jones, Shepherd
22-2A  Curtis Barbay, Newton
23-2A  Tony Valastro, East Chambers
23-1A  Alex Davis, Colmesneil
[/quote]

Your picks are on target. I would have to give the edge to Criag Stump in 21-5A.
[/quote]

I doubt that would hurt the feelings of our PAM fans.  It might upset Kelly Fans cause they are still Po'ed from loosing him.  
[/quote]
[/quote]Seems Kelly would be the last school to complain about recruiting.     

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="702847" timestamp="1257805987"]
i'd have to say faircloth, but u guys are making it sound like he killed 2 stones with 1 bird or something
[/quote]

Well, in a way he might have.  Both the varsity AND the JV went 10-0 this season.  When is the last time you've seen that happen?
I'm guessing .......NEVER!!!!!!

I know I'm from PNG and the vote seems obvious, but that 1 feat alone stands out the most to me.

[quote name="WOS95" post="701649" timestamp="1257700688"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=61840.msg700651#msg700651 date=1257608569]
[quote author=78Stang link=topic=61840.msg699984#msg699984 date=1257568987]
So are trying to say that Dan has not done anything this year? I recall that the Mustangs beat Neuman's bulldogs, Huckaby"s bobcats and Crouch's bears. Just some of the coaches that have been nominated as "Coach of the Year"
[/quote]

This is just another WOS area post that has to nominate their own.  I did see where COOP crossed the boundaries.   8)
But as nicely as I can put this, if you guys at WOS could learn how to be proud of your accomplishments and at the same time keep them in perspective, you might get some outside the city limits respect. Respect is earned, not solicited.

[/quote]

just admit it no matter what we do you will never respect us.  so we dont need ur respect 8) oh and ill help u with ur reply, "typical arrogant post by another wos poster"  there i did it for you
[/quote]

WOS95-- I expected that my post would would get such a reply and also admit that it deserved one.  You are incorrect that I do not respect WOS because to some degree ---I do.  In this case, I was attempting to point out that regardless of what is going on in the area, that you guys only want to recognize yourselves.  A true sports fan see's the whole picture, and while he wishes well for his favorite team, he can still acknowledge that some times other teams, and  other coaches just happen to be better. 
Some of you posters from WOS and many from other schools are not true sports fans.  Some times teams get beat by a better team, but when excuses pop up all of the time, i get a bit skeptical.  And then, in your eyes you get no respect---that is just another excuse---admit it.  IMO Hooks is not this years coach of the year and he would probably agree with this.

[quote name="oldrock" post="703472" timestamp="1257873824"]
Coach of the year usually goes to a coach that has improved a program from last year.  Even though I am a Dayton fan I would say that comparing this year to last year nobody has done more for a program than Faircloth.  This has been proven all season.
[/quote]I would not necessarily say that.. because last years group is a different team.  I would say coach of the year has to go to someone who has made a major impact with the kids he has [b]this [/b] year. Sill Faircloth is a front runner candidate, also think Alvarez with losing almost his whole team from last year deserves it. Flanigan could be another for turning around their season. Silsbee's coach.....

[quote name="oldrock" post="703472" timestamp="1257873824"]
Coach of the year usually goes to a coach that has improved a program from last year.  Even though I am a Dayton fan I would say that comparing this year to last year nobody has done more for a program than Faircloth.  This has been proven all season.
[/quote]

Only one flaw in your theory, when they announce the classification coaches of the year their are only two candidates, the D1 champions coach and the D2 champion coach. Coach of the year has become about winning. Faircloth has done both rebuild and win, so he gets the nod in 4A. District winning coaches will get the nod in most of the other districts. That is just the way it tends to go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83