Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is real bad being near a school. Look for this to be the max. they can give. Ozen stand up and do what is right!

It only matters if he was within 300 yards of the school

I think I know what your saying but it matters that a talented young man has made what can be a life changing mistake.  I hope he learns and moves in a positive direction.  I am sure Baylor will not be pleased. 

Students talk.  If an assistant principal and/or coach does not know of such an incident, it is only because they don't want to know!  BISD needs to set an example!  People will be watching to see what they stand for!!!!!

He was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (drugs)!!!!!  He should be kicked off the team, out of school and sent to jail.  Time that someone teaches these young kids that this type of stuff will not be tolerated!!!!!  I would bet anything that Ozen officials and coaching staff knew about this several games ago also!!!!!

dont you think the punishment he will be given by the state is enough do he has to be kicked off the team too.......you guys are pathetic when yall see an oppurtunity to bash a ozen player yall take advantage

that's not the issue.  to be honest, i don't really see anyone bashing a player on here, just the coach and administration.  the biggest gain from high school sports is character, and if the Ozen coach and AD lets this go without punishment, he turns into just another athlete who realizes he can get away with whatever he wants, as long as he keeps scoring.  when i was in high school a few years ago, we had kids suspended for MIPs for tobacco.  what does this say if a kid gets caught with marijuana and faces no disciplinary action from his coach?

He was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (drugs)!!!!!  He should be kicked off the team, out of school and sent to jail.  Time that someone teaches these young kids that this type of stuff will not be tolerated!!!!!  I would bet anything that Ozen officials and coaching staff knew about this several games ago also!!!!!

well obviously bisd doesnt think so and neither does ozen administration or coaches if they knew about whats done is done the kid has learned his lesson and its over he'll be dealt with by the state the rest of this nonsense your talking about is unnessecersary

dont you think the punishment he will be given by the state is enough do he has to be kicked off the team too.......you guys are pathetic when yall see an oppurtunity to bash a ozen player yall take advantage

that's not the issue.  to be honest, i don't really see anyone bashing a player on here, just the coach and administration.  the biggest gain from high school sports is character, and if the Ozen coach and AD lets this go without punishment, he turns into just another athlete who realizes he can get away with whatever he wants, as long as he keeps scoring.  when i was in high school a few years ago, we had kids suspended for MIPs for tobacco.  what does this say if a kid gets caught with marijuana and faces no disciplinary action from his coach?

but he'll be punished by the state so no need for double punishment

what, a year of probation, maybe?  you're right, lesson learned!

No need for double punishment????  Are you serious?  The kid was arrested for drugs....he should be done!!!  End of discussion!!!!!

Guest nostradamus

The article states that this type of crime warrants placement in the District AEP.  To my knowledge, you cannot participate in UIL activities while placed in any alternative educational setting.  If I am not mistaken, that is a UIL/TEA rule and not local policy.

The article states that this type of crime warrants placement in the District AEP.  To my knowledge, you cannot participate in UIL activities while placed in any alternative educational setting.  If I am not mistaken, that is a UIL/TEA rule and not local policy.

Ouch.  No wonder they were pretending they didn't know about it.

It's not just about the player or one school, but what type of message the BISD Administration wants to send to the community and other players in the entire BISD athletic program.  He is old enough to know right from wrong and made a poor choice.  It's not the end of the world but there should be concequences for that choice.  I do not agree that he should be thrown away for one mistake but there should be some penalty whether it is 1, 2, 3, etc. game suspension or complete removal from the program.  I doubt Baylor will just look the other way.  As for as double punishment, playing UIL sports is a privilege not a right and players should be held to a higher standard not a lower one.  

well obviously bisd doesnt think so and neither does ozen administration or coaches if they knew about whats done is done the kid has learned his lesson and its over he'll be dealt with by the state the rest of this nonsense your talking about is unnessecersary

If this is dealt with anything less than being kicked off of the team it is ridiculous.  Players get kicked off of major college teams for less than this.  If they let him play they are showing the reasons kids continue to make mistakes in life and it is because they are never taught.  POOR POOR judgement by the coaching staff here.  I know the type of man Art Briles is and if this were to have happened at Baylor he would have been shipped out so fast he would not have known which way was coming and which way was going.

BISD athletic director Rodney Saveat said he did not know what the policy is regarding a student-athlete who had been arrested for marijuana possession

Surely he is being mis-quoted?????????????

Surely the man was nervous and didn't have time to compose himself when the reporter came out and asked him the question. Probably threw him off guard. His mind was on something else.

He was probably thinking, "now how in the hell did they find out?" He panicked!

These highschool players are just kids and dealing with kids you must understand that they aren't perfect and do make mistakes... How many of you adults have made are still make wrong mistakes in life and are jumping on kids like they come from story book lifestyles, I ask how many times have you guys have had a drink or two and got behind a wheel or better than that how many of you guys take a drink while behind the wheel and hope you dont get stopped by the cops. My point is give the kid a break. Was it his fault that he wasnt supended from the team or even a game no, has anybody ever thought that maybe the Coach really didnt know "NO".. I'm not defending anyone, but this incident didnt happen in Beaumont so who's to say his parents didnt bail him out on their own, disciplined their own child on their own, and b/c it was family business never told the Coach or BISD administrators... This is this kids future we're talking about, we've all made mistakes in like, he obviously knew that he was in the wrong and b/c his Coach either didnt know or chose not to punish him you cant blame the kid for playing... "What Would You Do, Suspend Yourself"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa01
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa01