Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

Guest DickVitale

I have a feeling that this will be pursued by someone like Nederland, Livingston, Central or PNG that just misses out on the playoffs!!!

Thats the ONLY way some of them will EVER get in...... ::) ::)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

What? so now "playing by the rules" encompasses off court activity? Lazeek, I KNOW some HJ players have been in contact with marijuana in their down time...So are your beloved Hawks breaking the rules, but have not been caught yet? Come on, man!

What? so now "playing by the rules" encompasses off court activity? Lazeek, I KNOW some HJ players have been in contact with marijuana in their down time...So are your beloved Hawks breaking the rules, but have not been caught yet? Come on, man!

Are you supplying it for them?  How can you assume that a HJ player has done this?

In our athletic program, if kids are caught with marijuana then they are automatically kicked off of the team.  They can not start another sport until that sport is over.  Case inpoint we kicked 2 of our best basketball players off of the team right after christmas, after they were caught with marijuana.  If they are repeat offenders then their athletic future is done.  They will be kicked out of the athletic program.

Guest coachacola

Marijuana should be legalized.  There's no need to ruin a kid's life because he had some dope with him.  They shouldn't pursue any criminal charges against him.  Maybe Ozen should suspend him for a few games.  When I went to school in the 1970s dope was easy to get and a lot of my friends were smoking it.  Everyone one of them now lead happy, productive lives.  Many attend church, most have kids, and in general lead normal lives.  It's not the dope that ruins lives, it's the laws that sends kids to jail that ruin lives.

Guest stevenash

I DID NOT "ask" for anything.  I simply gave my viewpoint on the issue.  I DID NOT ask that the kid be burned at the stake.  I simply said that the required  appropriate response to this issue should take place which is, if I understand you correctly, EXACTLY  what you are saying.  Therfore, you needn't try to diplomatically scold me.

Dickie, sometimes i agree with you, but not here.  You're blinded by your dedication to Ozen.  This kid made a huge mistake, especially considering the future he has laid out for him, and it really sounds like you're not to worried about him as long as he gets to suit up for the playoffs.  I'm all about second chances, but for a school district to do their best to ignore a situation like this is laughable.  he must be disciplined, and if the rules call for him to be kicked off the team, so be it.  maybe he'll be a better teammate at Baylor if he realizes that there are more important things than him having a good time.  I sure feel sorry for his future teammates if it's reinforced for him here that he can do whatever he wants since he's a star athlete.

I'll put it out like this, when the kids from Bridge City got busted for using sterioids it was as BIG as some of you guys are making this out to BE.... Yes Willie is guilty but @#$% do yall need to keep talking about what his punishment should be, if the Coach said he knew nothing about it, at least give him a chance to make a decision on the issue before everyone assumes he will do nothing of it, and if he only suspends him for 2-4 games ok... it is what is get over..

Marijuana should be legalized.  There's no need to ruin a kid's life because he had some dope with him.  They shouldn't pursue any criminal charges against him.  Maybe Ozen should suspend him for a few games.  When I went to school in the 1970s dope was easy to get and a lot of my friends were smoking it.  Everyone one of them now lead happy, productive lives.  Many attend church, most have kids, and in general lead normal lives.  It's not the dope that ruins lives, it's the laws that sends kids to jail that ruin lives.

Thanks for the insight on breaking the law and what it leads to. I guess if I go the the county jail I will see such fine citizens.  ::)

So what are you saying?  Because you believe marijuana should be legalized, there should be no punishment?  Oh well in that case I believe if you can't pass your classes you should still be able to play sports. I mean basketball can take you SO far.

I graduated with a lot of people who did drugs, most still do, I never did. Ever.  I am in college and when I look around I don't see to many here with me. 

Did the coaches not have a Rules Handbook for the athletes before the season? I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a clause about getting arrested would NOT affect your position on the team.

To say that every team has pot smokers is irrelevant.........this kid got caught!!!!  He should be kicked off the team....PERIOD!!!!!!  If the school does not do what is right, then the district may interject or the UIL.  If the UIL gets involved then who knows what will happen?  If the school does nothing than there is a serious problem!!!

He was cited for possesion, not smoking dope...Besides it was four others in the car, and Willie took the blame for all of it...Think he was in it alone? NOPE. Bad company, and he has to make better decisions....A two game suspension for this is fair...He has to deal with it in court also, why compile it? TEACH kids, don't DESTROY them.

You are the company you keep.

Thanks for the insight on breaking the law and what it leads to. I guess if I go the the county jail I will see such fine citizens.  ::)

So what are you saying?  Because you believe marijuana should be legalized, there should be no punishment?  Oh well in that case I believe if you can't pass your classes you should still be able to play sports. I mean basketball can take you SO far.

I graduated with a lot of people who did drugs, most still do, I never did. Ever.  I am in college and when I look around I don't see to many here with me. 

Did the coaches not have a Rules Handbook for the athletes before the season? I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a clause about getting arrested would NOT affect your position on the team.

I'm sure BISD students sign off on "Rules of Conduct." But those rules are more directed towards school activities. Was he coming back from a game? He better pray his scholarship won't be pulled because of this incident. Proper punishment? Hmmm? Thats a toughie for the coach to make with important district games coming up. he needs to send a message bu he also realizes this kid is one of his star players. It is what it is!!!!!!!

If one of your players is arrested and you say that you didn't know, then you don't have the appropriate relationship in place.  I'll let the coach and school decide on the punishment, but the important thing is that it be significant enough to send a clear message to this young man that this type of behavior will have an adverse effect on his future

The one thing that sticks out to me is how some are saying Saveat did not know, including Saveat. I agree that he may not have known from the beginning, but he knew last night according to the article and still let Jefferson play. If I understand the article, he was asked about Jefferson's arrest before the game last night, therefore he knew then but still played Jefferson. Why?

The one thing that sticks out to me is how some are saying Saveat did not know, including Saveat. I agree that he may not have known from the beginning, but he knew last night according to the article and still let Jefferson play. If I understand the article, he was asked about Jefferson's arrest before the game last night, therefore he knew then but still played Jefferson. Why?

Because they could not have beat Central without him!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline