Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread isn't about how bad weed is, or if it should or should not be legal.  ::)

I suggest a lesson be taught here. Not only to him, but to anyone who decides they are above the LAW.  

When did basketball become more important than accountability?

Exactly bobcat... from the top administrator to the students... it just shows in BISD that no one believes in personal responsibility... What kind of lesson does this teach...

NONE... But he will probably lose his scholarship... (the one thing that I do not want to happen) ...

Exactly bobcat... from the top administrator to the students... it just shows in BISD that no one believes in personal responsibility... What kind of lesson does this teach...

NONE... But he will probably lose his scholarship... (the one thing that I do not want to happen) ...

ok now im not familar with the law for drug possession but i do know it is a class b misdeamnor am i right

low test scores....our test scores are the highest they have been in a low time....the other rates are as u say personal responsibilty

as far as the as long as we win games attitude...yeah i love winning...but also think about our football record...we were 3-6 this year

Sad Ozenpanther... now I see why the kids are in the situation they are in over at Ozen... high pregnancy rates... high drop out rates... low test scores... this just shows why... NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY...

As long as we win games... who cares...

Don't get it twisted, don't think that this only goes on at Ozen...you know, Pregnancy, Drop outs, low test scores...

I agree. It just ticks me off that this kid will probably lose the scholarship that could be his chance to succeed... And the school district blows it off.. They could have set a precedent with this situation to keep some other kid from throwing their life away for a little smoke or some other dumb mistake... That is why I am so infuriated by the situation... 

No I do not want the kid thrown out or anything... This was just a prime opportunity to show that they hold their students to a high moral code...  I could care less about him playing in a stupid basketball game... Now they have set a poor precedent showing that there is no real penalty for breaking that law.  It is the big picture....Baylor has a high code of ethics and he probably lost his scholarship.... that is the sad part... 

Believe this happened back in January, it's over and done with i believe. I could be wrong though.

You may be right but if that kid was busted on the 25th (Sunday night) and everything was cleared up and any and all disciplinary action was taken care of by the 27th (Tuesday night) for him to play then

1. Nothing was done

2. What they did do was so weak it didn't affect his playing time at all.

3. Saveat should step up his punishments on his own team.

who said this was all of the punishment...ozen is not required to even say anything about any punishment...but some people would have said"o bisd have no moral codes and there are no punishments for crimes committed"

Will he play in a playoff game?

Will he be suspended from school and sent to AEP until his court date has come and gone?

Will Ozen have to do anything with the wins they accumulated while he was still playing?

If the answers to those questions are yes, no, and no then the administration, athletic department, Jefferson and the district have failed that young man and any other student or athlete that comes through there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83