Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

Guest DickVitale

Like I said earlier....basically no penalty given out for the sport that he is playing now.........PATHETIC!!!!! How does not allowing him to play baseball penalize him for what he did wrong while playing basketball?  Typical BS that takes place in BISD.  I live in Beaumont and will NEVER send my kids to school for reasons just like this as well as other reasons.  Highest paid Sup in the state and he is a joke also!!!!!

Really? Or does it really burn you that he is the highest paid Sup in Texas and he is not at Nederland, or PNG-ISD or Vidor ISD, or Lumberton ISD?...."We are in SE Texas they cant pay THAT guy such a high salary! This is an outrage!"  :D :D...You guys crack me up.  The big boss of BISD has spoken and is not going ANYWHERE until he chooses, so DEAL WITH IT! :D

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

I think DickV is pulling your legs.         :D

I was really joking about the baseball thing, but it was so dang funny!! :D...I talked to a BISD rep (whom will remain nameless) a little while ago, and I was told that Marquis will suspend Willie for the remaining district games and he DOES have to attend a drug prevention program....That part was real....I was pulling his legs about the other sports things! Funny though! :D

I think DickV is pulling your legs.         :D

I was really joking about the baseball thing, but it was so dang funny!! :D...I talked to a BISD rep (whom will remain nameless) a little while ago, and I was told that Marquis will suspend Willie for the remaining district games and he DOES have to attend a drug prevention program....That part was real....I was pulling his legs about the other sports things! Funny though! :D

suspending the kid for a couple games is a complete joke.  No lesson will be learned here. They have done this kid a complete disservice. PERIOD!!!!!!  Very sad BISD!

Guest DickVitale

Actually, he is not the highest paid superintendent in the state.  That title goes to Mr. Hinojosa of DISD.

That is correct...However, 2nd still AINT HALF BAD!! ;)

Guest nostradamus

I know our athletic policy says that if a student-athlete is arrested or convicted on charges of a misdemeanor then he or she is automatically suspended from athletics for one calendar year.

Guest DickVitale

I know our athletic policy says that if a student-athlete is convicted of a misdemeanor then he or she is automatically suspended from athletics for one calendar year.

key word is CONVICTED....There have yet to be court proceedings in this matter

Spinks,

Why do you want Willie to get DEATH for possession of marijuana? You don't think that he wants to play in the last two district ball games of his career? It may be nothing to YOU, but to him it is a very big deal.

With all due respect Death is not being suspended for the last few games of your senior season and the playoffs.  Trust me it would have meant alot to me as was a high school athlete in 3 seperate sports and if I would have done this my senior year I would have missed out on two state tournaments and not given a chance to play athletics at Lamar.  THAT IS WHY I DID NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your version of death is very sad.  Like I said before if this happens at the collegiate level he will be out of a scholarship and if it were to happen in my jobplace he would be jobless.  Now that is the death penalty.  This is high school.........where lessons are learned and not learned for life.  They should teach him one and let him go on to what will be a much more succesful career at Baylor and beyond.  I truly hope that for the kid.

I do not want him to get death in this scenario but to be suspended for the final two district games is a joke!!!!  If this was a average player then he would be gone for the season, but it is a super star and he gets a slap on the wrist.  Just typical BS stuff of a star getting out of something that most would be severely penalized for.  

With all due respect Death is not being suspended for the last few games of your senior season and the playoffs.  Trust me it would have meant alot to me as was a high school athlete in 3 seperate sports and if I would have done this my senior year I would have missed out on two state tournaments and not given a chance to play athletics at Lamar.  THAT IS WHY I DID NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your version of death is very sad.  Like I said before if this happens at the collegiate level he will be out of a scholarship and if it were to happen in my jobplace he would be jobless.  Now that is the death penalty.  This is high school.........where lessons are learned and not learned for life.  They should teach him one and let him go on to what will be a much more succesful career at Baylor and beyond.  I truly hope that for the kid.

I agree

I will tell you this Dicky V.  If this were to have happened to me and I was suspended for 2 games and got to play in the playoffs it would have been a distant memory in a month or so.

However, if they were to suspend me for the rest of the season and my team made a deep run in the playoffs..........I would NEVER forget it.  Think about that.

Guest DickVitale

I think you guys are both right, but don't you think that dealing with the court system is punishment in itself? He may be placed on probation and have to do some sort of community service...His scholarship may be in jeopardy...Thats punishment too you know, especially to a 17-18 year old teenager that did something really dumb, yet it may be acceptable in his own household...Ever think about that...Once again, he is not a suburban kid...Think about that for a sec.

Guest nostradamus

Whether or not it is accepted in his own home is irrelevant.  That doesn't suddenly make it legal.  Stealing is accepted in some homes too.....doesn't make it okay or legal.  How many times do I have to say that the school MUST act when they find out about something like this.  They have NO CHOICE in the matter at all.  So whether or not you believe the legal systems punishment is enough is irrelevant also because the ISD has a responsibility to act.  It is no different than if a teacher gets told by a student that the student is being abused at home.  If the teacher gets told this and does not report it to the proper authorities and it is later found out that the teacher had this information and did not act then, the teacher will lose their job and certificate.  It is a liability and a responsibility of the ISD.

I think you guys are both right, but don't you think that dealing with the court system is punishment in itself? He may be placed on probation and have to do some sort of community service...His scholarship may be in jeopardy...Thats punishment too you know, especially to a 17-18 year old teenager that did something really dumb, yet it may be acceptable in his own household...Ever think about that...Once again, he is not a suburban kid...Think about that for a sec.

We can all make excuses but people have to learn to take responsibility for their actions.  The fact that he is not a suburban kid makes no difference.  There are more suburban kids that smoke weed anyway.  He is 4 months away from playing Major D1 football for a christian university and one of the most christian men in this world..........there will be no EXCUSES here.  He needs to be ready for that and suspending him for 2 games does not do that.

Whether or not it is accepted in his own home is irrelevant.  That doesn't suddenly make it legal.  Stealing is accepted in some homes too.....doesn't make it okay or legal.  How many times do I have to say that the school MUST act when they find out about something like this.  They have NO CHOICE in the matter at all.  So whether or not you believe the legal systems punishment is enough is irrelevant also because the ISD has a responsibility to act.  It is no different than if a teacher gets told by a student that the student is being abused at home.  If the teacher gets told this and does not report it to the proper authorities and it is later found out that the teacher had this information and did not act then, the teacher will lose their job and certificate.  It is a liability and a responsibility of the ISD.

I can see yall didn't take my advice from earlier, I think its important for the ISD to act, but not over re-act as Dicky says he hasn't been convicted yet. But I can deffinately see where it's in their best intrest to look very hard at the evidence and scrutinize every aspect of the case, you know tie it up in court for a while, or at least until the playoffs are over.....blah blah blah. I could go on and on but Lazeek is correct it all depends on how good the player is to how much effort is put into scrutinizing the evidence and pushing it back some. I really do hope the best for this young man, he has his whole life ahead of him, If he only gets suspended for the last two District games all I can say is that I hope he learns from it and realizes how lucky he is.

Good ol boy SE Texas....lol it isn't just here it's everywhere, but I am surprised we didn't get a redneck in there some where.... ::)

Still, the fact remains that Saveat was informed of Jefferson's arrest last night BEFORE their game against Central, yet BISD did nothing to Jefferson as he played in the game, scored 18 points. You would think that BISD would have suspended Jefferson when they found out BEFORE the game last night just to keep themselves out of any pending trouble. It should have been done just for precautionary reasons. But no, they let him play and we all know why.

Still, the fact remains that Saveat was informed of Jefferson's arrest last night BEFORE their game against Central, yet BISD did nothing to Jefferson as he played in the game, scored 18 points. You would think that BISD would have suspended Jefferson when they found out BEFORE the game last night just to keep themselves out of any pending trouble. It should have been done just for precautionary reasons. But no, they let him play and we all know why.

I agree Aggies. What does this tell other players in the future? Get caught with drugs and you can still play.

DV,

PLEASE stop with your "Good ol boy SE Texas" stuff, this happens everywhere...and if it's so bad here, you're free to pack and take up residency in some other part of the state or country.

It sounds like you will defend his offense and character 'til the end...and it's your choice...but not everyone thinks that athletes should be able to "do no wrong" because they have great talent.  That's a lot of the problem with some professional and collegiate athletes...they weren't made to face consequences of poor decisions when they were younger, and if he isn't made to now, he will end up making national news (instead of the Beaumont Enterprise) doing the same thing because he got away with it in high school.  Then his future will surely be bleak!

Guest baseball25

I talk to a principle today and he said usually when something happens like this the school should suspend them untill the police gets everything worked out and that they usually get reports about students or athletes the next day if they get arrested...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder