Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure but it will end before the playoffs begin I am sure.

Why does this not surprise me?? ???

Typical BISD.

hahaha you guys are pitiful oh well BISD will still remain the best school district in the area......no matter what you guys on here think

Now that a da- lie

Athletics should be the least of this STUDENT athlete's worries. If a student gets in trouble with the law, that student is suspended from school, and placed in an alternative campus. If a student is placed at an alternative campus, they cannot participate in sports. If they found out last night, to err on the side of caution, they should not have played the athlete.

If we really care about this student, we should educate him first, send him to drug rehab/prevention class, and monitor the health and well being of this student. He is 17/18 and when he graduates he should be a productive citizen, not just a student who plays basketball. BISD's help would go a long way to maybe reduce this students criminal punishment and maybe preserve his scholarship at the next level.

We are talking about forfeit of basketball games, when this child is forfeiting his future. Weed is a powerful drug that is killing our urban youth, it time to educate and drug test and keep it real.Kids don't take steroids, they use drugs and we need to reach out and help out youth.

Weed is not a powerful drug.  It's along the same level as alcohol, the only exception it is illegal. I could care less about which school this kid is from, if it was up to you guys, he would be hung.  

Typical BISD.

hahaha you guys are pitiful oh well BISD will still remain the best school district in the area......no matter what you guys on here think

Take it from an educators point of view, BISD is far from being the best district in this area.

Typical BISD.

So exactly where do y'all rank in academics because that is the most important thing, whether you can read and write, not just be good in athletics.  Are you academically recognized by the state standards or just good at sports?

Guest hoops12

Weed is not a powerful drug.  It's along the same level as alcohol, the only exception it is illegal. I could care less about which school this kid is from, if it was up to you guys, he would be hung.  

You seem to know a little too much about drugs... ;D ;D ;D ;D

soulja i want to hear youre take on all this

I actually have been hearing about the kids involvement in this type of mess, but chose not to say anything.  I was hoping that it was a rumor, but it appears that I was wrong.  The kid is a hell of an athlete and had good things in store for him in the future.  At the same time, like another poster said,he did let his team, school, and community down.  You have to be held accountable for your actions.  I know it did not take place at the school, in Beaumont or whatever.  He still did it as he claimed the drugs as being his.  IMO, the 2 day suspension is a slap on the wrist.  In order to teach him, he should not be 'privileged' to wear the gold and blue again.  I'm not saying this out of bitterness from Ozen whipping our you know whats.  I'm saying this as if he was my son.  I believe that this will make him learn that you cannot do these things without consequences.  2 games is nothing.  Ozen is the district champions so the next two games are meaningless. I would just wish him luck playing ball at the next level and hope that he have learned from this ordeal.  IMO, the other kids should not have to suffer.  Also, 'if' Saveat truly did know about this before the game, he may need to be suspended as well.  This is my two cents, for whatever it is worth...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83