Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

Hey now u just want numbers at the jr level and let the kids play and  teach them when they get to hs they will b fine. U just want alot of numbers

Has nothing to do with numbers, it has to do with not teaching the kids the fundumentals of the game. This is what has hurt PNG the past several years.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop isn't it amazing we have 16 pages talking about a coach who hasn't even applied yet?  ;)

Can't wait to see how many pages there will be when the new coach is chosen.  ::)

Why him?

Who does he know?

How much salary?

Why not _______?

He's a good one.

He stinks.

Ad infinitum...

GEESH!!!!!!!!!

Just don't think he is interested in leaving WB.

You asked earlier why he would want to leave WB other than $20K.

1. He is not AD at WB and won't be any time soon. Having control over athletics is a big plus.

2. PNG has better facilities. Even with BMT's bond issue and new stadium plans, WB has to share with Central and Ozen.

3. 5A elite talent gap is much wider than 4A talent gap! Easier to win titles in 4A.

4. Community support. PNG packs 'em in. WB not so much!

5. Doesn't have to share talent with other BMT schools. The middle schools are not under his direction because they go to different HS's. At PNG he could start his program from Junior league on up!

6. I hear that his 9th grade son might get one year on the Varsity level because of a Sophomore QB. Could start multiple years at PNG.

Also someone posted that Stump only had one 10 win season, but least we forget that two of those four seasons (where they had only 2 losses) were hurricane shortened seasons. He has a 0.773 win percentage and is 6-4 in the playoffs. Looks pretty good to me.

Coop isn't it amazing we have 16 pages talking about a coach who hasn't even applied yet?  ;)

Can't wait to see how many pages there will be when the new coach is chosen.  ::)

Why him?

Who does he know?

How much salary?

Why not _______?

He's a good one.

He stinks.

Ad infinitum...

GEESH!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget the one that will say "was he on the most important list in US history?"

I don't think I've posted this in a while!!!

CONTACT YOUR SUPERINTENENT IF YOU WANT Craig Stump!!!

Dr. Lani Randall

[email protected]

I bet Dr. Thomas at BISD gets more responses to keep Craig that Dr. Randall does. If you email either one let me know and why?

Why even post it? Her email is on the board's website, always has and always will be.

1. He is not AD at WB and won't be any time soon. Having control over athletics is a big plus.

2. PNG has better facilities. Even with BMT's bond issue and new stadium plans, WB has to share with Central and Ozen.

3. 5A elite talent gap is much wider than 4A talent gap! Easier to win titles in 4A.

5. Doesn't have to share talent with other BMT schools. The middle schools are not under his direction because they go to different HS's. At PNG he could start his program from Junior league on up!

6. I hear that his 9th grade son might get one year on the Varsity level because of a Sophomore QB. Could start multiple years at PNG.

Also someone posted that Stump only had one 10 win season, but least we forget that two of those four seasons (where they had only 2 losses) were hurricane shortened seasons. He has a 0.773 win percentage and is 6-4 in the playoffs. Looks pretty good to me.

I put about only 1 10 game win season, and this year he wouldn't have gotten it. WB got lucky and didn't have to play KATY because of the hurricane. Like I said beat the big teams year in and year out with the talent you have then I'll say he's way above the others on the list. I think everyone is hyping him up because they don't know too much about the other applicants. Do some research and then put them side by side to make your points.

So let's say for the sake of arguing that a 5A coach should always be hired over any other 3A or 4A coach because the competition is so much better? I think if you look around the state, you could find some 3A schools and alot of 4A schools that would stomp a mud hole in WB and other 5A schools on a regular basis. No knock on WB, but I truely believe that's the case. There is good competition at all three levels, more so at 4A and 5A level because of how many more kids.

I put about only 1 10 game win season, and this year he wouldn't have gotten it. WB got lucky and didn't have to play KATY because of the hurricane. Like I said beat the big teams year in and year out with the talent you have then I'll say he's way above the others on the list. I think everyone is hyping him up because they don't know too much about the other applicants. Do some research and then put them side by side to make your points.

What have the other coaches on the list done in there first 5 years of coaching highschool football?  I'm asking because I don't know.  I do know that Stump has turn a horrible program into winners again with a positive attitude towards football.  I would love for him to bring this same intensity back to PNG, because it has been missing the last several years.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder