Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

Gabe I agree with the WOS comint but Dan Ray diddn't apply either. And PNGFan If someone at PNG contacted Craig that doesn't mean they are begging him to come. But those of us that know football and Craig Stump know that if he does take the job. And that is a big if. Then he will give more than 110%!!!!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a coach being interviewed at half time of 5a state game talking about how his 65 SR  would respond to the second half.............if you have ever coach football in high school , then you would know a team with 65 SRs has an advantage over a team with 25 SRs....a tremendous advantage....numbers make a big difference in 5a footbal....

I saw a coach being interviewed at half time of 5a state game talking about how his 65 SR  would respond to the second half.............if you have ever coach football in high school , then you would know a team with 65 SRs has an advantage over a team with 25 SRs....a tremendous advantage....numbers make a big difference in 5a footbal....

I agree, but there are exceptions Lufkin? Tyler Lee? Ball?

I figured I'd be comical and say this past year we had like 48 SR's the most ever for PNG varsity. Equaled 3-6 record ;D Alot of bodies as you would say :D

I assume you mean because they are smaller ....you can have a smaller enrollment and still have quality athletes...but you have to be lucky on injuries ....the smaller number also makes practice harder....there are great coaches with less numbers but equal athletes that do real well and there are not so good coaches with great numbers that dont do so good....if you make it to the semi or final game you are generally facing a good coach and you  are also a good coach(being that you are there) I think all would agree that a larger number of kids out gives you more to choose from and helps your practice  be more productive...we had a hard time 2 platooning with 45 kids and competing with say Katy and there 85-90 kids they had plus the good job they did coaching but if  Coach Stump would have had the 85-90 kids im sure with his scheme and staff  it would have been a better game. Wouldn't you agree?

There are 4. Ron(coach), Don(engineneer), Chris(coach) and Craig(coach). Dad Ron was a coach as well.

Don must be the black sheep of the family or a real disappointment!!!  Couldn't cut it as a coach so had to settle on being a dang engineer.  Bet he's some sissy chemical or petroleum engineer too!!!!    :) :) :)

I really find it hard to believe that Stump would quit WB and move over to PNG. He has created a good program at WB and has a good solid base and backing over there. Even for a $20K raise a year I don't believe he would come to PNG. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me he will stay at WB. His name was not even on the list, so there is one obvious thing to consider. Second, his son is up and coming at WB. Third he is in a district that is competitive, but that he is one of the two teams at the top pretty much year end and year out. Why would he want to leave a program that is on a winning track to start over ?  PNG's new coach will come off of the list that was published in my opinion. Sure it would have been nice to have a lot more applicants on the list, but the Master's requirement dictated that one !  We have our list of applicants and thats were our new coach will come from !!! So thinking Stump is our man is a dream and desire. Sure money may talk but some men look at things from a more mature view. Stump sounds like to me to be a man of character and committment to what he has started at WB and won't leave due to his principles probably. Just my thoughts and opinions. If he does jump ship and goes to PNG then great, but I wouldn't be holding my breath, your likely to go unconscious from lack of oxygen to your brain ! and when you wake up you might have some dain bamage ! and start to hallucinate and continue in a delisional state of mind over Stump going to PNG !

:D

Guest baseball25

I thought png wants a change. Why get a young coach that just pounds the ball. Get a coach that spreads it and throws the peal and mix it up a lil bit. I mean yall say yall want change.

Guest baseball25

Lol i hear ya. I mean they just got to get the right guy that knows the spread and the personel to do it. I mean its not bout having a qb that can throw it. Its bout crack blocking. Blocking on the line and etc..

Your right BB25...I know a guy that is right down the road wearing red, white, and blue that would do just that!!!!!

Just don't think he is interested in leaving WB.

Whoever the coach is going to be, we need major changes in the coaching styles at all levels....esp the jr. high levels.

Guest baseball25

Hey now u just want numbers at the jr level and let the kids play and  teach them when they get to hs they will b fine. U just want alot of numbers

Guest baseball25

Yeah he would but he wants numbers he doesnt want 30 players to play he wants 60 out there. At the jr level its all bout teaching them and numbers

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder