Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

Sorry Young Coach you must not be from around here!!! There has been contact between the 2 parties in question. I know this for a fact!! I don't hide behind a screen name. Everyone around here knows me. Just asked. I was on the WB varsity staff the last 3 years and I graduated from PNG.

Like Jack Nicholson said You want the truth. You can't handle the truth!!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Young Coach you must not be from around here!!! There has been contact between the 2 parties in question. I know this for a fact!! I don't hide behind a screen name. Everyone around here knows me. Just asked. I was on the WB varsity staff the last 3 years and I graduated from PNG.

Like Jack Nicholson said You want the truth. You can't handle the truth!!

Well good for you.  I'll make sure and give you a cookie when I meet you in person. 

Chris Garrett is a TE coach, right?  Seems like I read that on an earlier post.

He currently coaches TE's and Inside Receivers, but has coached OL, RB, QB and WR at all levels, including college.  Duncanville currently runs the Lake Travis offense, which isn't too shabby.  Something that PN-G would probably be interested in getting on the Reservation!

I spoke to a friend of mine today and here is another thing to ponder about Coach Stump and family.  His son is in 9th grade and a QB.  If Stump is to continue coaching at WB there is a strong chance his son will never play QB.  (per my friend which is a coach at WB) If Stump does take the PNG postion, his son stands a better chance of starting at QB or any other postion mine you.  

He currently coaches TE's and Inside Receivers, but has coached OL, RB, QB and WR at all levels, including college.  Duncanville currently runs the Lake Travis offense, which isn't too shabby.  Something that PN-G would probably be interested in getting on the Reservation!

This guy seems to have a good resume.  Anything with the words "Lake Travis" attached gets attention.  Do you know if he has ever been a HC/AD?  I keep hearing his name being mentioned over and over........  Duncanville is 4A, right?  How old is he?  Sounds like he's got a lot of substance.  Any other info you know about him, why he's wanting to change, years as a HC, W-L record, etc?

Dang, this guy has a good resume.  Anything with the words "Lake Travis" attached gets attention.  Do you know if he has ever been a HC/AD?  I keep hearing his name being mentioned over and over........  Duncanville is 4A, right?  How old is he?  Sounds like he's got a lot of substance.  Any other info you know about him, why he's wanting to change, years as a HC, W-L record, etc?

Duncanville is 5A and with Jeff Dicus at the helm, will again become a powerhouse like they were in the late 90's.  1998 was the year they won state in Football and Basketball and made it to the finals in Baseball.  He is in his late 30's...39 I think.  They are running the same offense and defense that Lake Travis runs, plus Jeff Dicus is doing the same thing at Duncanville that he did at Lake Travis, making champions.  Something that Garrett I'm sure has picked up on while being at Duncanville.  Garrett has been a champion as a player, (two years at Plano....86 & 87) and he won a national championship as a coach while coaching WR's at the junior college level, using the Jenks' offense.   He has never been a head coach, but is definitely capable of being a great one.  Oh...I almost forgot...he was a squad leader in Desert Storm while serving in the Marines.  Yeah...he's got a "little bit" of leadership experience! 

Dang, this guy has a good resume.  Anything with the words "Lake Travis" attached gets attention.  Do you know if he has ever been a HC/AD?  I keep hearing his name being mentioned over and over........  Duncanville is 4A, right?  How old is he?  Sounds like he's got a lot of substance.  Any other info you know about him, why he's wanting to change, years as a HC, W-L record, etc?

Duncanville is 5A and with Jeff Dicus at the helm, will again become a powerhouse like they were in the late 90's.  1998 was the year they won state in Football and Basketball and made it to the finals in Baseball.  He is in his late 30's...39 I think.  They are running the same offense and defense that Lake Travis runs, plus Jeff Dicus is doing the same thing at Duncanville that he did at Lake Travis, making champions.  Something that Garrett I'm sure has picked up on while being at Duncanville.  Garrett has been a champion as a player, (two years at Plano....86 & 87) and he won a national championship as a coach while coaching WR's at the junior college level, using the Jenks' offense.   He has never been a head coach, but is definitely capable of being a great one.  Oh...I almost forgot...he was a squad leader in Desert Storm while serving in the Marines.  Yeah...he's got a "little bit" of leadership experience! 

Impressive.  I like the sounds of this guy.  Any other opinons?  C'mon, this is PNG we're talking about....opinions matter!

And who is this individual?

PN-G doesn't want Stump.  They have already interviewed the guy they want. 

I don't know.  I just know they interviewed a bunch of guys this week and I'm sure they will narrow down the list by Monday and either make a decision or have second interviews next week.  PN-G doesn't have to chase anybody.  They have plenty of quality applicants. 

Just received an email that might excite Stump fans.  Seems that theres been a little activity going on at Lamar-Port Arthur.  One of PNG's board members-Gary Stretcher works down there and guess who works for him, Stump's mom (or stepmom some have said).  Thats the place where some actions been happning.

Too bad Gary Stretcher isn't on the hiring committee!   :o

Like he won't tell his compadres "Hey - Hire Stump". Which, if he is best, so be it.  But...... Is school district action supposed happen at Lamar PA?  I don't think so.....

Sorry, to bust your bubble BigPoppa, not family with Garrett.  Just making an observation that his name is being kicked around a lot.  Nah....been here at PNG for a looooonnnnngggg time, had never heard of Garrett before this.  Now, I have talked to Danaher in the past.....so, hmmm....maybe he's family.  I've talked to a few buddies of mine and they've done more research than I have and seem to like Garrett, Vance, and Danaher.  Me, I'm neutral, but want the right guy for the job.  If it's Garrett, I'll trust my board to make that decision. I don't really know Garretts past other than what I've read on here, but I'm not going to fault a man for wanting to better himself in his career, do you?

From Bob West, PA News

If Corpus Christi’s Phil Danaher and Liberty Hill’s Jerry Vance are really serious about the Port Neches-Groves football job, and not using it as leverage to get a raise or for something they want for their respective programs, then the PNGISD could wind up hitting a home run. But I’d be shocked if Danaher at age 60, and the winningest active coach in Texas, is serious about making what wouldn’t even be a lateral move. My sources around the state say Justin Northwest head coach Leonard McAngus, Ganado head coach Mike Rabe and Sante Fe head coach Brent Southworth merit a close look . . . When we finally received PN-G’s list of 35 applicants, I was amazed to see how few of the names were recognizable. So I called Lamar football coach Ray Woodard, whose roots and contacts run deep in Texas schoolboy football. Woodard and assistant coach Craig McGallion were able to identify five of the 35 coaches on the list.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder