Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

You think they will pick from the list?  If so, who do you feel it will be?

Ok, if PNG is holding out for Stump, whats the BIG deal?  This happens all the time in districts.  Stump would be GREAT for the PNG program, but I just don't think PNG is holding out for him.......

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Coop, there are some here that have said there is no way he is coming.  Could there possibly be egg on there face?

You are right!

Smitty, rumors are swirling.  I just want it over and have a new coach in place and start thinking about next year.  At this point, who cares anymore....just get us a coach!

Kinda torn on that one....I think there are three names they would be interested in....Danaher, Vance, and Garrett.  However, when you analyze these guys, who knows.  Heard today the board has pretty much decided on their guy, and he's NOT from our area.

Your right, he is not from the PNG area, he is from the Beaumont area. 

I say, what the heck, go after Dodge.  He might be looking for a change in scenery.

dodge has around 500,000 reasons to gut it out as long as he can in Denton.

For $500K, most would stand on their ear....

Just so the numbers don't get ridiculous, here is a statement that i copied from and article on coaches salraies from the Austin American Statesman, and I quote "* Five coaches in the state earn more than $100,000, with the largest salary going to Ennis High School's Sam Harrell, who earns $106,004." So, although, HC's definitely make more that teachers, no one is in the half mil area.

Yes, it's true that Craig has been contacted, and even spoken to PN-G officials (from what I've been told), but I dont believe he's looking to make a move at this point. It wont be the money that lures him to the Reservation, as he and his family are pretty comfortable. He has been offered other HC positions since he's been at WB, and he's still here. I dont expect this situation to be any different, but then again I could be wrong. I keep hearing the same two or three guys mentioned as the front runners for the HC position, but I think most of you might be suprised to find out that the new HC could infact be a WB alumni.

That article was from 2005. Alot has changed since then. There are quite a few over $100,000 in 2009, including Neuman. The $500K was in reference to Dodge sticking around until they boot him out at the college level! You don't give up that kinda money until they make ya.

That article was from 2005. Alot has changed since then. There are quite a few over $100,000 in 2009, including Neuman. The $500K was in reference to Dodge sticking around until they boot him out at the college level! You don't give up that kinda money until they make ya.

If I remember correctly, Neumann would have made over 100k had he took the Lamarque job, but stayed with Nederland for 92k or 98k, can't remember which.

You sound pretty confident.

PS:  Who's the other WB Alumni that might end up with it?  Or is it a secret?

Dont mean to rain on anyone's parade, but as I've just been told, Craig is NOT going to PN-G.  Entertain that thought if you wish, but just remember you heard it here, first. Stump is staying at WB.

So, who is the WB alumni that you feel has a good shot at the job?

You sound pretty confident.

Dont mean to rain on anyone's parade, but as I've just been told, Craig is NOT going to PN-G.  Entertain that thought if you wish, but just remember you heard it here, first. Stump is staying at WB.

Just remember who said it first! ;)

Guest jackbquick

It is not a rumor, they met last week. He missed school to met with png officials. This is about the time all the crap came out about keeping the list private. He has a price, and if they will meet it, he WILL be the next head coach.

Figures were closer to 115,000 asked for but probably wont happen as he has way too much talent and time put into his program and just now starting to get going.

It is not a rumor, they met last week. He missed school to met with png officials. This is about the time all the crap came out about keeping the list private. He has a price, and if they will meet it, he WILL be the next head coach.

Figures were closer to 115,000 asked for but probably wont happen as he has way too much talent and time put into his program and just now starting to get going.

So what is he making at this great job he has know at WB? Also, at WB he will have maybe three or four D1 athletes per year, which is more than PNG, but the competition for a 5A state title has D1 talent at each position! The talent gap at the 4A level is much narrower. It only takes two or three to win big at the 4A ranks. Plus the numbers participating in football at PNG are greater than the numbers at WB. And he won't have full control at WB (AD) nor will he have his own first class facilities. BMT would have to cough up $60K total to match a $95K offer. I can see them maybe justifying paying Stowers and Stump the extra $20K, but not the guy at Ozen.

Guest Brubaker

Problem is he KNOWS PNG doesn't have 2 or 3... they have negative 2 or 3 at best, maybe negative 4 or 5 athletes that he's looking for.  This is just the facts, PNG is talent poor right now, Stump is smart, would be a big mistake to take this right now.  Why not wait until Neumann leaves at Nederland where the talent is and take that job????

Problem is he KNOWS PNG doesn't have 2 or 3... they have negative 2 or 3 at best, maybe negative 4 or 5 athletes that he's looking for.  This is just the facts, PNG is talent poor right now, Stump is smart, would be a big mistake to take this right now.  Why not wait until Neumann leaves at Nederland where the talent is and take that job????

Not true at all. PN-G is strong from now through the class of 2012, at least. You'll see.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
  • Topics