Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

Guest Brubaker

You said it all with your surname BOYSMOM... we've watched em, only a MOM could see the talent, PNG is soft for the next 4-5 years minimum... after that it could get worse.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to argue this fact. Craig will not go to PNG. Because they will not pay him what he's worth. Not may of these coaches, if any, on the list have coached at the college level for 16 years or been coach of the year for 3 years. And you are right hook em', Craig is worth a considerable amount more than BISD is paying him. But the fact of the matter is that he has things working over there. He could take 2 days off and the PROGRAM would not miss a beat. People outside of coaching don't understand this. It's like not having to micromanage everything at work. Craig hires good coaches. Tells the coaches and the kids exactly what wants and they all buy into it. That is what makes a program successful. So to say a little raise would make anyone leave is not correct. But IF and that is a big if...PNG does go after Craig I hope they realise THEY WILL have the best coach in this area. IMO

Come on Dr. Lani Randall give him an interview, agree to his terms and you can rest assured you have made the right decision for the school , the players, the fans and all of my fellow alumni. c/o 92'

True Craig may be one of the best coaches in the area, but isn't there a potential law suit from other applicants if they hire someone who may not have applied and who is not on the list. Or can they offer someone the job who isn't on the list ?  I know this may be stupid in relations to all the BS that everyone complained about regarding "THE LIST", but I didn't see his name on "THE LIST" Can PNG hire someone who is not on the list ?

As far as talent goes at PNG for the next several years: Let me tell ya, PNG has alot of great talent coming thru the system over the next 5-6 years. All we need is the coach to use it to its potential and develop those players who have talent but don't realize it !!! Any decent coach with a desire to win will motivate these kids and make PNG a powerhouse again in SE Texas !!! Mark my words, I know alot of these kids, because my son is in the 8th grade in Groves and alot of those boys spend alot of time at our house. My son also played BB and other sports with the current 9th grade team. As I said before with the right coach PNG is going to be at the top !!!

Yes. PNG can hire some one that is not on the list. The Deadline has to do with the Feb. 9th or 10th I believe. They can just wait till the 11th reopen, Interview Craig that evening, agree to his terms, and BAM!!! You got you a Great AD.

P.S.- I have no idea if any of this information is correct. But it sounded good.

You guys keep saying that you have alot of talent coming up through your system for the next 5 or 6 years, and that may be true. But no offense, even with that, there aren't enough marquee players in that program for Craig to run in his offense. What I mean is, the talent level just isn't there to be able to make his offense effective and run properly. Again I mean no offense by what I've said, but I think that was one of the reasons he is staying at WB.

You guys keep saying that you have alot of talent coming up through your system for the next 5 or 6 years, and that may be true. But no offense, even with that, there aren't enough marquee players in that program for Craig to run in his offense. What I mean is, the talent level just isn't there to be able to make his offense effective and run properly. Again I mean no offense by what I've said, but I think that was one of the reasons he is staying at WB.

I get so tired of this old garbage argument. PNG has the same type "talent" they've always had in the system for eternity yet they've got a winning tradition. Sure the high profile D1 athletes usually dont pour out of Port neches Groves but they've always been plenty good to hang with the more talented TJ, Lincoln, and Ozens out there. Put the right coach in there and get a system going and wins will follow.

Do me a favor and look up how many elite D1 athletes Katy HS puts out this season or last.

Guest baseball25

Well if stump is such a great coach then great coaches work with there personel and finds ways to get there best players the ball. So ur telling me stump has to have great players to get the job done.he cant find a way to work wit wat he has and have sucess. A great coach finds a way and likes new challanges so maybe stump isnt right for the job.

No BB25. I don't believe that is what was said. Craig could win with what you got. And he can develop players. My point I was going to make to 82 5A State Champs is that. C-Mike from WB was a great player. But when he was a freshman he barely finished the program. It took time for him to adjust. He almost ran himself off with behavior, grades and attitude. But once we got him in the offseason program; weights, conditioning, following instructions to the letter. Along with the proactive monitoring we do by assigning 1 coach per 6-8 players...He came around. I firmly believe you would not have heard near as much about C-Mike if it were not for Craig and his staff. Just ask C-Mike. Also with lesser athletes his network of college coaches and recruiters and the personal relationships he has with a lot of them has allowed many other players the opportunity to play at the next level.

And it doesn't matter to me if Craig stays at WB or goes to PNG. I will go watch a team coached by him play anywhere!!!!!!

Guest baseball25

But no offense, even with that, there aren't enough marquee players in that program for Craig to run in his offense. What I mean is, the talent level just isn't there to be able to make his offense effective and run properly. Again I mean no offense by what I've said, but I think that was one of the reasons he is staying at WB.

That is what he's implying that he don't know if his offensive can be productive with descent athletes....

Guest baseball25

Oh i hear ya man im not from png i know stump can get it done hes a off. guru they find ways to get it done. I was just saying wat the other guy was implying.

Maybe it's because there is no conspiracy to hire him like people think there is. Maybe, just maybe, PN-G will hire off the list and was always going to in the first place. I think if they do hire off the list it will shock some people even more since everyone is waiting for PN-G to do something to bash a little more.

Maybe it's because there is no conspiracy to hire him like people think there is. Maybe, just maybe, PN-G will hire off the list and was always going to in the first place. I think if they do hire off the list it will shock some people even more since everyone is waiting for PN-G to do something to bash a little more.

You guys aren't listening. I have already told ya'll that Dennis Franchionne is in negotiations with PNGISD as we speak. He is the name that was not on the list that they were after.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0