Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

“Nederland is flat-out scary,†said Mathews. “Watching their offense can make you have some sleepness nights. Throughout the season we’ve seen teams that like to either run it or throw it, Nederland does both and they do it well. Bellow is a great quarterback and that Grogan kid can flat-out go. We’re going to have our hands full.â€

I think Mathews is a pretty smart guy, he knows what he's up against.  He's seen the film, that's what Nederland posters have been talking about.  This doesn't mean Vidor will lose, just means that Nederland's offense is "FLAT OUT SCARY"... unfortunately for the Dogs, so is the defense.

I'll make it really easy for everyone...

For Nederland to win:

1. Control time of possession

2. Run Grogan and run him often, itll open up the passing game (Big Ned needs more play action!)

3. Defense must make at least a few plays, most notably on 3rd down

4. Nederland's offense must also be Nederland's Defense

For Vidor to win:

1. Keep the ball away from Nederland

2. Avoid dumb penalities

3. Avoid turnovers and force Nederland turnovers

4. Refer to number 1 ^

For Nederland to win:

2. Run Grogan and run him often, itll open up the passing game (Big Ned needs more play action!)

For Vidor to win:

2. Avoid dumb penalities

4. Refer to number 1 ^

Still no love for our defense, huh?  ;)

I guess Nederland will be the first unstoppable offense we've played this year...

Alright, I agree with your Nederland assessment. I'll keep that the same.

For Nederland to win:

Now for the changes (just a couple):

For Vidor to win:

1. Keep the ball away from Nederland (good)

2. Avoid dumb penalities and turnovers (good)

3. Play hard-hitting defense the same way we have been all year getting behind the line and sacking the QB to shut down the passing game

4. Hit Grogan in the legs at the line of scrimmage

For Nederland to win:

For Vidor to win:

2. Avoid dumb penalities

4. Refer to number 1 ^

Still no love for our defense, huh?  ;)

I guess Nederland will be the first unstoppable offense we've played this year...

Alright, I agree with your Nederland assessment. I'll keep that the same.

For Nederland to win:

Now for the changes (just a couple):

For Vidor to win:

1. Keep the ball away from Nederland (good)

2. Avoid dumb penalities and turnovers (good)

3. Play hard-hitting defense the same way we have been all year getting behind the line and sacking the QB to shut down the passing game

4. Hit Grogan in the legs at the line of scrimmage

I wish I could be at this game. Its should be a good one.  I agree with your thoughts.

My prediction... Nederland wins out the rest of the season.  Even against my boys on the L-Train.  Nederlands has the most balanced offense in the district and the Defense will use the same blue-print they used for the PNG game.  Hopefully, Vidor can throw the ball well.  Vidor will be surprised they are not able to run the ball against Nederland.  Teams that have had success running against Nederland, mostly have a fast QB that they could not contain.  Nederland will bust the 40 point mark again in this one...

Dawgs  - 44

Vidor -  20 ( that maybe a little much)

That's a pretty good analysis BigBlue...have you seen Nederland play?  For the most part, the defense has "contained" power running at times...the main problems have in fact been with speedier teams getting to the corner on us and fast QBs taking busted plays and turning them into big gains.

I hope your prediction is right...I think that vidor will have to play this game much like Central did by controlling the clock...this can be done, but Central did execute a very good game plan with very few mistakes to pull this off...vidor will have to avoid turnovers and penalties and make some big plays, much like Central did, to do this.

My prediction... Nederland wins out the rest of the season.  Even against my boys on the L-Train.  Nederlands has the most balanced offense in the district and the Defense will use the same blue-print they used for the PNG game.  Hopefully, Vidor can throw the ball well.  Vidor will be surprised they are not able to run the ball against Nederland.  Teams that have had success running against Nederland, mostly have a fast QB that they could not contain.  Nederland will bust the 40 point mark again in this one...

Dawgs  - 44

Vidor -  20 ( that maybe a little much)

Have you seen Nederland play? I have. The L-Train should have no problem with that defense. Don't sell yourself short. Geez!

That's a pretty good analysis BigBlue...have you seen Nederland play?  For the most part, the defense has "contained" power running at times...the main problems have in fact been with speedier teams getting to the corner on us and fast QBs taking busted plays and turning them into big gains.

I hope your prediction is right...I think that vidor will have to play this game much like Central did by controlling the clock...this can be done, but Central did execute a very good game plan with very few mistakes to pull this off...vidor will have to avoid turnovers and penalties and make some big plays, much like Central did, to do this.

Yeah, I have been to more Ned games this year than I have Lumberton.  Mostly, because I live In Nederland Now(5 years)!!  Did not make the Livingston game (out of town), but Central could not run between the tackles against Nederland.  Besides one or two runs, most of their big gaines came from QB scrambles on 3rd and long.  PNG could not run the ball at all and from what I have heard, the QB from Livingston did everything.  From what I have seen, Nederlands' trouble is defending the pass.  I dont think that is Vidors' or Lumbertons' strong point.  Nor do I believe that Lumberton or Vidor has an athlete that can break Nederlands defense down like Central or Livingston.

Yeah, I have been to more Ned games this year than I have Lumberton.  Mostly, because I live In Nederland Now(5 years)!!  Did not make the Livingston game (out of town), but Central could not run between the tackles against Nederland.  Besides one or two runs, most of their big gaines came from QB scrambles on 3rd and long.  PNG could not run the ball at all and from what I have heard, the QB from Livingston did everything.  From what I have seen, Nederlands' trouble is defending the pass.  I dont think that is Vidors' or Lumbertons' strong point.  Nor do I believe that Lumberton or Vidor has an athlete that can break Nederlands defense down like Central or Livingston.

Nederlands biggest enemy is SPEED. Defending power is not the issue. They can slow down a straight ahead running attack, they have done it all year but they can't stop speed. It killed them in every losing effort this year because they are too slow to get to the corners and they cant. Like was said above, on two of Centrals scoring drives, the Jags were buried in 3rd and a mile situations and converted on totally busted plays where the QB scrambled one way, then the other, then back again until the Dogs were all in a ball. Then he just ran around the corner for a large gain on what should have been a sack. If Vidor is as fast (and lucky) as Livingston was then they should win a shootout.

I will take nederland in this one although it will be a really good game nederlands offense will get the job done and I think the defense will play better than most think nederlands d have been reading these post and will come looking to prove everyone wrong rember earlier in the year when they were bashed like this they came out and shut down ozen, png, and lcm even though those teams arent as good or powerful as vidors offense they will still do a good enough job to to get the offense the ball and let them do what they do best only see vidor winning  if they hold the ball most of the game or if nederlands offense dosent hold the ball very long this game will be decided by time of possesion 

Nor do I believe that Lumberton or Vidor has an athlete that can break Nederlands defense down like Central or Livingston.

Well, I could spend an hour on this but I won't. I've said enough already. I'm gonna quit pointing out facts about our defense and our offense since Nederland folks are never going to take them serious, obviously. I hope the Bulldogs come in thinking our team is crap too. Feel free to boost your confidence all you want.  ;D

I bet your coaches are seeing us from the proper perspective on film though. But hey, maybe not. If they just got the LC-M film, they don't know half of what we are capable of. Whereas if we got the Livingston film, our coaches are going to see almost everything you've got...

It will be a very good game. But I really like our chances. And I'll leave it at that.

cutlass, i don't think anyone here is taking vidor lightly by any stretch...this will be a tough game and I feel pretty confident about that...you talk about Nederland being overconfident though and all the Nederland posters are saying is that they think they will win, just the same as the vidor posters are saying about their team...truth is, both teams do some things well and both teams have weaknesses and neither is unbeatable...if they were, both would be going into this game undefeated and that ain't the case

nederlands d have been reading these post and will come looking to prove everyone wrong rember earlier in the year when they were bashed like this they came out and shut down ozen, png, and lcm

Good!!!!!!!

I just hope that some of our boys on defense have been coming on here as well to read how we "don't have any athletes to stop Nederland's offense." I hope they read those posts and get just as ticked off as I have.  >:(

Thing is, they get to hit people and I don't.  ;D I for one hope they prove you all wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83