Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the beauty of it, the offense doesn't center on Grogan, Nederland has WEAPONS, 5 on the field at all times that can take it to the house.  If he goes down, and I hope he doesn't, I don't think it makes much of a difference.  Kind of like taking a match off the BONFIRE.  As for Central, they ground the clock down and didn't let the offense on the field, this is how you beat Nederland, plain and simple.  If you can't make first downs, shorten the game and grind down the clock, you're not gonna contain this offense, as much as you want to think you will. 

First off James Mosley, how old are you. You talk on here like you want to relive your high school days. Stay off the internet if you have no clue what you are taking about. Lets face it, both teams have big backs that can run the ball well. Look at both defenses Nederland looks weaker. Penny I noticed you said Nederland has 5 weapons I would like to know your definition of a weapon. Maybe it's 4.8 speed and average foot speed and maybe average hands. I would like to know how many weapons you think Livingston had.  James you dont need to come back and say anything, because I think everyone knows you have no idea what you are talking about.  Pirates pull it off  26-17 sorry James finds a new forum like to hunting one or fishing.

Wait, one more thing, did I mention the score would be Nederland 42 Vidor 14... ;D

42-14 Vidor

I'm not going to put down any numbers now that I've seen both teams play. This could be anyone's ballgame. I just have a hard time seeing Nederland break into the 40's against our defense. Not saying it can't be done, I just don't see it based on what I've seen so far. If our defense plays to full potential, you won't run up the score. That is all I'm saying.

And, sorry James, but I don't see how Nederland's defense could hold anyone to 14 points. If we get held to 14, it will be because we fumble it and beat ourselves. Nederland's defensive line looked horrible against Livingston. I don't see that same line containing Reynolds. At all.

The Legend... is that as in YOUR OWN FREAKIN MIND.  Nederland has 5 weapons that at Vidor can get open and shred your defense, that's a fact.  Look, you hate James that's cool, but if you had a clue, you woulda saw that I acknowledged that Livingston shredded our defense.  You ain't played Livingston, so how you gonna compare weapons.  Nobody from Nederland with half a brain is touting their defense, but I'm telling you, you ain't stoppin this offense.  You may come on here and Dog another poster, but that won't make a tackle, ore stop this offense. 

Penny are you talking about the offense that scores 49 points then 10 then 50 how can you call this high powered, maybe inconsistent would be a better term. Look lets faces it next friday you will be deer hunting because that last game really wont matter. You know what 50 points got you a big L and 10 points got you a big L moral being it really does matter what your offense does or your 5 weapons. You do realize that there is an offense, defense, and a special teams you better bring all three if you plan to even keep it close. I think the deer will be moving with this cold weather!

dang, now you're just talking stupid that's 36 points rounded per game, and don't bring special teams into this, Nederland has the best kicker in the area.  Look, I can appreciate that you want to build yourself up for this game, but the 10 points that Central held us to, came in a perfect execution of offensive methodicism.  That ain't a real word, I just made it up.  Look, Vidor may keep Nederland's offense in check, but to do so, will require you to get 4 yards a carry, own the clock and not turn it over.  You have to play perfect to hold down Nederland's offense.  Again, I repeat Legend, oh yea of the hard of hearing... this don't mean Nederland will win, just means that Vidor will not stop this offense without a perfect outing from theif own offense.  Has nothing to do with it's defense.

dang, now you're just talking stupid that's 36 points rounded per game, and don't bring special teams into this, Nederland has the best kicker in the area.  Look, I can appreciate that you want to build yourself up for this game, but the 10 points that Central held us to, came in a perfect execution of offensive methodicism.  That ain't a real word, I just made it up.  Look, Vidor may keep Nederland's offense in check, but to do so, will require you to get 4 yards a carry, own the clock and not turn it over.  You have to play perfect to hold down Nederland's offense.  Again, I repeat Legend, oh yea of the hard of hearing... this don't mean Nederland will win, just means that Vidor will not stop this offense without a perfect outing from theif own offense.  Has nothing to do with it's defense.

You should really think about proof reading your posts :D....Wouldn't Central's defense be the one with the perfect methodicism or whatever backwoods word you just came up with?

You should really think about proof reading your posts :D....Wouldn't Central's defense be the one with the perfect methodicism or whatever backwoods word you just came up with?

No.. their offense... they controlled time of posession and didnt allow nederlands offense to get on the field.... therefore it would be their offense... geez i feel like im in a circus with a bunch of clowns dressed as pirates...

What are you talking about Nederland Offense had plenty of opportunity against Central. Problem is when a break comes your way you have to do something with it. Nederland would recover a fumble then turn around and throw a pick. So this clown dressed as a pirate would agree that Centrals defense was more methodicism than the offense. Yes there offense held the ball but with the weapons and high power offense that Penny said yall have. 10 points on 7 possessions if so far from high power. All these post that you Nederland people are posting you would think that yall are a bunch of out of towners. Absolutely no concept of what your own team has done and needs to do.

this is gettin' funny so i have got to chime in...for the record, Central's offense was in fact the key to containing Nederland's offense... they doubled our time of possession and kept Nederland's offense off the field...as i said in my post after that game, Central executed their offense to perfection...vidor may be able to do the same, but they will have to do what Central did and that is avoid any turnovers, any penalties, and convert on just about every critical third and long...much easier said than done...if you want to compare just any old game, let's talk about how vidor performed in a loss to Ozen...if you couldn't keep Ozen from scoring enough to beat you, I promise you that Nederland's offense is much better than that (honestly I realize that this is not a fair comparision, but it makes just as much since as your argument).

To oversstate the obvious, Nederland's defense has been the problem, particularly when it comes to containing speed...no way you should score 50 and lose, but that is exactly what happened last week...this match up is interesting because I see both teams have trouble stopping the other...the key will be who makes fewer mistakes (turnovers, penalties, big plays given up).

I just find it funny that if you read these posts, you would think Vidor is 5-0 and unstoppable/unbeatable, which they are not...you guys are in the same boat we are in and only Friday night's result will seperate the two...both teams do some things well and both have struggled in some areas...should be interesting...I'll be a homer and go with the Dogs 31-28.

if you want to compare just any old game, let's talk about how vidor performed in a loss to Ozen...if you couldn't keep Ozen from scoring enough to beat you, I promise you that Nederland's offense is much better than that (honestly I realize that this is not a fair comparision, but it makes just as much since as your argument).

Well, two of Ozen's scores came from turnovers by us near their endzone, giving them short yardage for a score. Even a team like Ozen can drive 20 to 25 yards. In the second half, when they were having to drive an entire field, they were easily frustrated on offense and were not dominant at all.

Ozen won with defense (causing turnovers), and captalizing on short yardage which any fairly decent team should be able to do. Not because of any offensive prowress that just blew our minds or anything.  ;)

Like I said before, I'm not going to name a score. This is anyone's ballgame. I'll just pull for our boys to come out on top.

Since we are talking about the Central game here, I think the reason we lost the Central game other than the fact that Central played good ball was that our OC and whoever was helping him,,, choked. Grogan was moving the ball effectively almost everytime that he touched it and only a couple of times was he stopped. They panic'd as soon as the game got tight, abandoned the run and started trying to air it out too far downfield, with Bellows running for his life from pressure and made bad decisions just like I said was going to happen before the game was ever played. Run Grogan 40 times in that game and I say the outcome would have been different,,, possibly a win. They did a better job against Livingston of giving him a safety vent when the pressure came and it paid off bigtime offensively. Also, Central caught some typical .vs Nederland breaks and converted 2 3rd and super longs on busted plays. One was blown coverage, the other was just a bust where the QB took off running around on the sandlot, tied the Dogs up in a knot and ran ran past them. Silly stuff.

I think the Vidor vs Ned game is going to look a lot like the Central/Ned game except I think that the passing game will be more effective against Vidor,, because I expect that they might not cover as well.

Nice first two posts... 8) 8)

Soulja...Does something about this seem vaguely familiar??

Say it's not so... :D :D

Maybe I'm wrong...the spelling is good,  punctuation is being used and sentence structure is decent..LOL. ;D

Could it be? I know I had to change my screenname to get on this site for some odd reason. Could be possible...  ;D

Guest 87CRU79

I just wanna know what happened to the defense that showed up to play against Ozen, PNG, and LCM? Albeit, that those are the 3 worst teams in the district, but the Nederland D was playing with passion and intensity! If the Dogs hope to make a push these next 2 games, the defense really needs to kick it up a knotch

Maybe I'm wrong...the spelling is good,  punctuation is being used and sentence structure is decent..LOL. ;D

Could it be? I know I had to change my screenname to get on this site for some odd reason. Could be possible...  ;D

LMAO  how did ya know we were referring to you Cutlass??  ;D  (j/k)

Actually ...n/m  it's a long story!!!

LMAO   how did ya know we were referring to you Cutlass??   ;D   (j/k)

Actually ...n/m  it's a long story!!!

Actually, I didn't know. I thought you guys were talking about "The Legend." LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami