Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland will not score 13 points, no less than 28.

Well, I'll let the boys decide how they play defense on the field tonight. Words on here don't mean anything between the lines on Friday nights, so I'll quit trying to tell people about our defense. If we play to our potential on both sides of the ball, this should be a very good game. And maybe you'll get the chance to see for yourself what I've been saying.

I sure hope that you do get to see them at their best.

Guest gladiator2

Nederland 31 Vidor14

I gotta take Nederland in this one. I think that it is great for the Vidor boys to be playing for something this late in the season. When we played Vidor nothing stood out that I remember except PNG having bone-headed fumbles with 2 of them inside the Pirates 20-yard line and the muffed punt at the goalline which was a game clincher. The 2 teams that beat Nederland had superior athletic ability and that will not be the case tonight. Vidor has been able to get by against teams that only run the ball and Nederland will do both. The only team that they have played that throws it some was PNG but in that game they only threw it 7 times, so having to stop both will be a chore. I know people can say that Nederland's defense can't stop the run but the other teams threw the ball down the field some and that want be the case against Vidor. Anything can happen, like turnovers but this is how I see it. Good luck to both teams. I would like to see this one but one time a year on those hectic streets in Vidor is enough.

Guest 87CRU79

Nederland 35 - Vidor 21

Nederland:

*Wareall Grogan 150+ yards on the ground and 3 TD's

*Kirby Bellow 2 passing TD's; Asa and Vidrine

Vidor:

*Reynolds 100+ on the ground and 2 TD's

*Vidor scores on a busted play

Overall this should be a great game! Vidor's smashmouth style vs Nederland's artistic finesse, in a game that will decide one teams playoff future and the others early basketball practice. Lookin forward to this one

Today is the Day finally, cant wait to get this game started im jittery already it should be a good one

Vidor is a very good team but beatable same for Nederland I do have one real concern about vidor. The fact that im going to get there later than I would like and Im not gonna get a parking spot anywhere close to the stadium  ;D

Oh and my prediction is Nederland there going to be ready there going to realize that vidor on homecoming, on Hallowen and it being a rivalry game for vidor, has absolutly nothing to do with football and come out foucused, calm, and ready to play. They realize the task at hand and what is at stake and Get the Job done. 

If Vidor wins, it'll be more like Bandsman's score, 31 points from Vidor will not be enough.

Penny, I am not making any bold predictions onj this one except Nederland will not score over 30 against our Defence!

we will score at least 30... I gaurantee it!!!!  The only question is, can vidor keep up even against a below average defense?

What do you think about Nederlands offense now Pirate for life?  I think we rang up 30 on ya.

Nederland fans knew that unless something very strange happened we were going to put up at least 30, this offense is prolific for this area and Vidor wasn't going to stop them.  The question was could Nederland's defense rise to the occasion.  Nederland's defense did enough to get the win, two key stops late in the game were enough to seal the deal.  Vidor just hadn't seen an offense like that and didn't really have an answer.

This was the type of game that "Legends" are made of, or, "The Legend" is shut up!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Great game by both teams. Vidor gets the biggest win in my book from the opening prayer to the show at halftime. Both were first class and much appreciated.

Thank you James for the nice comments.  We in Vidor take our Homecoming with a lot of pride and a lot goes into putting it together. The young man that delivered the pregame prayer is the Captain of the band and you are right it was first class. 

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on the trip to the playoffs.  I know yall will represent the district well.  I don't see many defenses being able to stop Cardenas, and Bellows is absolutely phenominal.  Grogan is a beast and I'm sure he will land somewhere at the next level.  Good Luck!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder