Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sell Vidor's scrappy defense short. may not be the fastest, tallest, or most talented but  they will hit you from the first tic to the last tic of the clock. They bend but don't break. I don't know if it will be as high scoring, Vidor is ball control ( when we aren't fumbling ) and that takes a toll on the clock. If we don't let Grogan and Big Ned get in a rhythm, It could be low scoring grind it out football.... That plays in our advantage.

I'm not selling them short, but scrappy ain't gonna cut it against Nederland's offense.  I'm not saying Vidor's gonna lose, heck Nederland's defense may force a fast paced high scoring game, they have struggled lately.  But Vidor better get ready to pour some points on the board, Nederland's offense is explosive.

Don't sell Vidor's scrappy defense short. may not be the fastest, tallest, or most talented but  they will hit you from the first tic to the last tic of the clock. They bend but don't break. I don't know if it will be as high scoring, Vidor is ball control ( when we aren't fumbling ) and that takes a toll on the clock. If we don't let Grogan and Big Ned get in a rhythm, It could be low scoring grind it out football.... That plays in our advantage.

Bend but don't break usually won't work against Nederland since they don't really drive the ball. They get in a couple of plays and then score from way out. It had better be just a "don't break" defense.

You are probably correct about ball control. Central's best defense against Nederland was their offense. If Vidor can keep Nederland's offense off of the field, it will go a long way to winning. I don't think they are likely to trade scores with Nederland. It should be interesting.

I'm not selling them short, but scrappy ain't gonna cut it against Nederland's offense.  I'm not saying Vidor's gonna lose, heck Nederland's defense may force a fast paced high scoring game, they have struggled lately.  But Vidor better get ready to pour some points on the board, Nederland's offense is explosive.

Oh I am not saying that they aren't explosive, But if we grind it down the field and keep Big Neds O off the field they can't score  8) That is all I am saying. The reference to our D was meant more as they can hang... We will have a full house Homecoming, On HALLOWEEN and at home... does help  ;D But everyone knows that Big Ned can put up some points....

Saw Nederland tonight vs. Livingston. Both teams' defenses were atrocious. It felt like an arena football game. Nederland was having trouble with Quinton Jackson and he isn't near Theron Reynolds' size.

Grogan is tough, but doesn't have a lot of speed. It may take a couple of guys to bring him down, but if we hit him early and hang on Nederland will have to go to the air. Cardenas was the only person that really impressed me. But Bellow was having trouble getting the ball in his receiver's hands at times. With the way Livingston was getting in the backfield, number 77 should pick up some nice trick or treats in the form of sacks.

Defense should play to our advantage.

Cardenas and the YAC should play to Nederland's advantage.

Running game should play to our advantage.

But, anything can happen. Should be a good game.

Gonna be a good game for sure with a playoff spot to boot!  However, I have to give the "W" to Vidor.  The Pirates never give up.  I feel their defense will have Grogan's number and will stop him....it may take two or three players, but these kids from Vidor have a lot of heart and will do the job.  I just don't see Nederland taking this one.  It seems to me that Nederland always has problems playing the Pirates at Vidor.  And, since this is Vidor's homecoming and they can feel a playoff spot, the intensity will be too much for the dogs.

Vidor 28

Nederland 24

I was at the game as well, and other than both defenses and Cardenas' game, I pretty much didn't see anything the way you saw it.  Bellow had a great game, completed 19 passes and made great throws most of the night.  Grogan got hit in the backfield numerous times and what I saw most of the time was big defenders bouncing off and/or melting when they hit him.  You won't stop this offense unless you have 4 lockdown cover guys... which Central did.

You are correct about Central Mrs. Penny, and under Centrals new OC Coach Watters I think they are starting to get well oiled on the other side of the ball also. Not saying they are State Champions, just that they could give some teams heck with 3 more weeks of work....

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Get ready, at 245 lbs WITH speed and power, it will be Grogan who will be handing out the trick or treats Friday night!!!!!!!!!

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

This game goes to Nederland

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Get ready, at 245 lbs WITH speed and power, it will be Grogan who will be handing out the trick or treats Friday night!!!!!!!!!

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

hey

ask micah how that game in vidor went

you know

the 1 where we stopped him on the 1 yard line to win the game....

hahahahaha

Guest tigersvoice

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

hey

you know

hahahahaha

Seems like Grogan puts on another 10 pounds with each post.  What is the young man's weight?

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

hey

you know

hahahahaha

Ouch!

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

hey

you know

hahahahaha

Seems like Grogan puts on another 10 pounds with each post.  What is the young man's weight?

Solid 240 was around 245 at start of district, but with all the yards he is racking up he has dropped a few pounds, trust me, SOLID 240.....Nederland 42 Vidor 14...........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder