Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game as well, and other than both defenses and Cardenas' game, I pretty much didn't see anything the way you saw it.  Bellow had a great game, completed 19 passes and made great throws most of the night.  Grogan got hit in the backfield numerous times and what I saw most of the time was big defenders bouncing off and/or melting when they hit him.  You won't stop this offense unless you have 4 lockdown cover guys... which Central did.

Funny you should mention Central. The Jags picked up a fumble and ran it in for a touchdown against us. Just score for score on offense, we would have won that game. Their defense won that game for them. We matched up EVENLY with Central on both sides of the ball.

I think it is hilarious how people think this will be a high scoring game. Look at your game with Central, and expect the same from us.

Watching Livingston guys bounce off Grogan was not a surprise. Watching Livingston get in the backfield and not sack Bellow was not a surprise. But Vidor's defense isn't at all like Livingston. Just ask Lumberton's QB, and prepare to get hit often.

If Vidor wins, it'll be more like Bandsman's score, 31 points from Vidor will not be enough.

Penny, I am not making any bold predictions onj this one except Nederland will not score over 30 against our Defence!

we will score at least 30... I gaurantee it!!!!  The only question is, can vidor keep up even against a below average defense?

Since Reynolds for us is just like Grogan for you, um, I'm gonna say yes. Your defense is gonna have trouble with Reynolds and Peevey. And when they think they have them figured out we'll outrun you with Pitman.

If Vidor plays to their caliber this year, we win. If the defense plays to full potential, you'll be lucky to see 21 points.

What makes you think Vidor will contain Grogan, nobody has.

What makes you think Nederland can stop Reynolds? Or Peevey? Or Pitman? Or Teinert? Or Dart?

What makes you think Ronning is gonna just lay down and die and not sack Bellow several times? Same for Strother.

You've only faced one other defense like Vidor's ... Central. And you lost. Don't come in over confident. Obviously you haven't been reading about us...

What makes you think Nederland can stop Reynolds? Or Peevey? Or Pitman? Or Teinert? Or Dart?

What makes you think Ronning is gonna just lay down and die and not sack Bellow several times? Same for Strother.

You've only faced one other defense like Vidor's ... Central. And you lost. Don't come in over confident. Obviously you haven't been reading about us...

I think Vidor will contain Grogan.  Vidor's defense definitely know how to tackle.  Just a gut feeling, but I believe Vidor will come away with the "W" in this game.

I think Vidor will contain Grogan.  Vidor's defense definitely know how to tackle.  Just a gut feeling, but I believe Vidor will come away with the "W" in this game.

Contain as in...?  Holding him under 150 yards and less than 3 TD's??  If Vidor's D can do that, OK  I'll agree that they "contained" him.  That kid is a force to be reckoned with.  I saw one play for example Friday where he had 3 Livingston defenders holding on to him for dear life and he still mamaged like 17 yards.  He has the size, balance and strenght that makes him a FORCE.

It should def be a good game though, high scoring fest for Halloween.

Good luck to both teams.

Contain as in...?  Holding him under 150 yards and less than 3 TD's??  If Vidor's D can do that, OK  I'll agree that they "contained" him.  That kid is a force to be reckoned with.  I saw one play for example Friday where he had 3 Livingston defenders holding on to him for dear life and he still mamaged like 17 yards.  He has the size, balance and strenght that makes him a FORCE.

It should def be a good game though, high scoring fest for Halloween.

Good luck to both teams.

Yeah Grogan is a really good running back. He has great vision to find the holes, great cutback ability and he has tremendous power and knows how to get lower than the defense. When he drops his head and shoulders he can really plow the road.  If he lacks anything its top end speed but he is plenty fast enough. Should be a good matchup. I really like his power better than Micah Mosely and Micah had good power. I think what puts Wareall over the top is that Earl Campbell like ability to get low and drive his legs. Its pretty awesome, one of the best I have seen. If you let him get low you will not keep him from getting yards.

Guest Brubaker

Here's what's funny.  Nobody from Nederland has said anything about shutting down anybody, much less anybody from Vidor.  I'm sure you have good backs, but nobody in Nederland is touting their defense.  Central nor Lumberton has the offense Nederland does.  Vidor does not have the defensive backs to stay with Nederland's receivers while putting enough in the box to shutdown Grogan.  Central played the PERFECT ball control game against Nederland, they made ZERO mistakes, they were impeccable.  If Vidor plays like that, then they have a chance to control Nederlands offense, but make no mistake, it will take near perfection.  Again, Vidor fans, please read carefully, this is only speaking of Nederland's offense, doesn't say you won't win the game.  But please understand what it took for Central to contain Nederlands offense.

Wait, one more thing, did I mention the score would be Nederland 42 Vidor 14... ;D

42-14 Vidor

I'm not going to put down any numbers now that I've seen both teams play. This could be anyone's ballgame. I just have a hard time seeing Nederland break into the 40's against our defense. Not saying it can't be done, I just don't see it based on what I've seen so far. If our defense plays to full potential, you won't run up the score. That is all I'm saying.

And, sorry James, but I don't see how Nederland's defense could hold anyone to 14 points. If we get held to 14, it will be because we fumble it and beat ourselves. Nederland's defensive line looked horrible against Livingston. I don't see that same line containing Reynolds. At all.

You always have a "gut" feeling that Nederland wont perform, or show up, or anything else... At least lately... Why would you think Vidor can contain Grogan, when nobody has all season long?

Sounds like an indian with sour grapes.. 

Guest 87CRU79

We all know that Big Ned's offense can put up the points, and that Vidor can grind it out. I think that we have pretty much established that

Keys to beating Nederland:

Run it right at em, and when you get tired of it, run it some more! Nederland has struggled against these turn back the clock, Wing T/Wishbone offenses that grind it out. Guess what? That is the same style offense that Vidor runs.

1 more thing: Ned has to be able to bring down the QB on a sack! We can't let the QB break containment and take for a 1st or 6 points. Nederland has to play sound, disciplined, assignment football to secure the W.

Keys to beating Vidor:

Yes, Vidor's offense is renowned for pounding the rock, Reynolds has been the makor contributor to that. But what the Pirates also do, is put the ball on the ground. And in that aspect, Nederland has to capitalize.

All this being said, games aren't played on paper. Come Friday night, one of these teams' playoff hopes will be recognized and the others will be shot down.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

We all heard how EXPLOSIVE Nederland's offense was before they played Central and how Central was going to have to outscore Ned and put up a lot of points and we seen how that turned out. Vidor wins at home because they are more PHYSICAL!

Let me ask this. (No ill-will intended for anyone, understand. Just for the sake of debate.)

Say Grogan got hurt on the first play from scrimmage and had to sit out the rest of the game. Now what do you do?

If Reynolds went down (again, God-forbid on both) we would just put Peevy in and continue as normal. Our run game would still function. But would Nederland's?

Grogan is big, but he can be stopped. And the way he has to be stopped (three or more piling on every time) can lead to injuries. Who takes Grogan's place if he went down? Or can just an air game cut it in 20-4A? I'm just bringing this up not because I want anyone hurt, but just to see what you think Nederland could do without Grogan. Vidor's run game would continue in regular fashion.

Remember when we beat them last, Micah hurt his ankle and had to sit some in the third. And Nederland went totally flat. They didn't score again until Micah came back and played hurt in the fourth. (Dude was a beast, much respect to Mosley.)

Again, just to reinterate to all the people who only look for the negative, I don't wish injury on Grogan or anyone else. I want us to beat Nederland with them bringing their "A" game. This is just for debate purposes ONLY.

Let me ask this. (No ill-will intended for anyone, understand. Just for the sake of debate.)

Say Grogan got hurt on the first play from scrimmage and had to sit out the rest of the game. Now what do you do?

If Reynolds went down (again, God-forbid on both) we would just put Peevy in and continue as normal. Our run game would still function. But would Nederland's?

Grogan is big, but he can be stopped. And the way he has to be stopped (three or more piling on every time) can lead to injuries. Who takes Grogan's place if he went down? Or can just an air game cut it in 20-4A? I'm just bringing this up not because I want anyone hurt, but just to see what you think Nederland could do without Grogan. Vidor's run game would continue in regular fashion.

Remember when we beat them last, Micah hurt his ankle and had to sit some in the third. And Nederland went totally flat. They didn't score again until Micah came back and played hurt in the fourth. (Dude was a beast, much respect to Mosley.)

Again, just to reinterate to all the people who only look for the negative, I don't wish injury on Grogan or anyone else. I want us to beat Nederland with them bringing their "A" game. This is just for debate purposes ONLY.

How about Asa Cardenas, Jude Vidrine, Ryan Brady, and Brent Salenga just to name a few... if Vidor lets them get open, watch out....

How about Asa Cardenas, Jude Vidrine, Ryan Brady, and Brent Salenga just to name a few... if Vidor lets them get open, watch out....

i dont think will let up on anyone cause like you already kno it is halloween and homecoming. vidor is going to be ready to win the game friday!

Yeah, I was very impressed with Cardenas and Vidrine came up big late in the game. Very good players.

That being said, can I assume that you mean Nederland would more than likely rely on a passing game? That is what I'm gathering...

After reading several post I do not think that Ned is giving our corners much credit.Both are pretty tall and run well.Eskew plays man and brings lots of heat on the qb.If we hold onto the ball this should be a great football game holding onto the ball will be key.Our running game has not been stopped all year and we will throw the ball about 7 to 10 times a game.Tienert is a better passer than people give him credit.

Yeah, I was very impressed with Cardenas and Vidrine came up big late in the game. Very good players.

That being said, can I assume that you mean Nederland would more than likely rely on a passing game? That is what I'm gathering...

They would replace Grogan with a Jr. by the name of Grant Lovelady, not as big but just as strong and faster....Plays linebacker, might see him anyway if Grogan plays some defense Friday night!!!! ;D ;D ;D

They would replace Grogan with a Jr. by the name of Grant Lovelady, not as big but just as strong and faster....Plays linebacker, might see him anyway if Grogan plays some defense Friday night!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks James. From what I've seen from most other posters, Nederland didn't have anyone waiting in the wings if they lost Groban. Good to know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder