Halloween Prediction..Nederland At Vidor

Guest Pirate V Ball

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sell Vidor's scrappy defense short. may not be the fastest, tallest, or most talented but  they will hit you from the first tic to the last tic of the clock. They bend but don't break. I don't know if it will be as high scoring, Vidor is ball control ( when we aren't fumbling ) and that takes a toll on the clock. If we don't let Grogan and Big Ned get in a rhythm, It could be low scoring grind it out football.... That plays in our advantage.

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Get ready, at 245 lbs WITH speed and power, it will be Grogan who will be handing out the trick or treats Friday night!!!!!!!!!

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

This game goes to Nederland

hey

ask micah how that game in vidor went

you know

the 1 where we stopped him on the 1 yard line to win the game....

hahahahaha

Ouch!

haha

i felt very good about myself after this post lmao

This is going to be a fun week on the forum.  Hopefully Vidor fans will keep a quiet confidence through all the chatter.  The last time the Bulldogs came to Vidor with a Big, Strong, Fast running back they were suppose to destroy us.  And we all remember what happened, they got sent back to the dog pound with their tails between their legs.  So I hope you Bulldogs talk it up all week long.

My prediction is that come Friday night Vidor/Nederland fans are going to get their moneys worth in a great game in a great Friday night atmosphere, with the Pirates coming out on top in a very close game.  Come on Friday!!!!

Don't sell Vidor's scrappy defense short. may not be the fastest, tallest, or most talented but  they will hit you from the first tic to the last tic of the clock. They bend but don't break. I don't know if it will be as high scoring, Vidor is ball control ( when we aren't fumbling ) and that takes a toll on the clock. If we don't let Grogan and Big Ned get in a rhythm, It could be low scoring grind it out football.... That plays in our advantage.

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Get ready, at 245 lbs WITH speed and power, it will be Grogan who will be handing out the trick or treats Friday night!!!!!!!!!

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

hey

ask micah how that game in vidor went

you know

the 1 where we stopped him on the 1 yard line to win the game....

hahahahaha

Do you feel better now that you got that totally irrelevant comment about Micah off your chest?? 

right

hit grogan

hit him hard

hit him often

all game long

Run Grogan

Run him hard

Run him often

All game long

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

I hope they bring it on the ground! The Pirates will be ready! :o

If Vidor wins, it'll be more like Bandsman's score, 31 points from Vidor will not be enough.

Penny, I am not making any bold predictions onj this one except Nederland will not score over 30 against our Defence!

we will score at least 30... I gaurantee it!!!!  The only question is, can vidor keep up even against a below average defense?

If Vidor wins, it'll be more like Bandsman's score, 31 points from Vidor will not be enough.

Penny, I am not making any bold predictions onj this one except Nederland will not score over 30 against our Defence!

we will score at least 30... I gaurantee it!!!!  The only question is, can vidor keep up even against a below average defense?

30, I drove by the stadium awhile ago it's 88-85 Livingston's ball.

Nederland will score 30 by half. We might not be leading though. 

Vidor has not sniffed anything close to the offense that is coming to town this Friday.  This offense is twice as good as the offense when Mosely came to town.  This has nothing to do with how great Micah was, it's about WEAPONS, there will be 4-5 players on the field that can take it to the house at any moment for Nederland.  The last time we came, we had 1.... but as Admin so accurately stated, can we stop Vidor, serious question mark here.  So again, I'll repeat, if Vidor wins, they'll need to score in the 40's.

WOULD LOVE TO BE AT THIS GAME!!!!  However, I think Vidor comes away with the "W".  Nederland's defense is sub par and I think Vidor will capitalize on this. Vidor has an extremely aggressive defense.  I feel they will hold Grogan at bay.  With it being Vidor's homecoming and Halloween night to boot, don't see it for the Dogs this week.   :'(

If it was Arbor Day would you still give the edge to the Pirates?! I just don't see how Halloween has much to do with it. Halloween will not shut down Grogan and Halloween does not make the Vidor DB's jobs an easier, nor does it make Nederland all of a sudden have a brick wall defense.I think Nederland will be fine. Speedwise, Vidor is a lot like PN-G. Granted, they do run the ball better than the Indians, but Nederland has struggled most this season with the extremely speedy teams. I do think though if Nederland turns this game into a scoring fest track meet that they will absolutely win this game. However, if Vidor controls the clock and grinds out long drives against a suspect Dogs defense and keeps our offense off the field then the outcome might be different. Should be a dandy!

Nederland 42

Vidor 14

This one is not even close...

Is there an echo on this thread... How many times are you going to feel the urge to give your prediction.  I think we all know your looking for a blowout here.  I just hope you don't disappear from the forum if it goes the other way.  I would love to hear all the excuses.

In all fairness, that was a pretty significant upset, Vidor is known for upsets, they have one or two every year.  This year will not be an upset, Vidor has a good football team, everybody knows it, especially Nederland.  There will be no surprises for Nederland, they know where they are going is hostile territory, they know what happens in Vidor.  Don't bring two years ago into this, has nothing to do with what's going to go down Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder