What has happened to Jasper?

1 minute ago, j_dog said:

When was the last time Jasper beat Silsbee in the basketball playoffs? I know it happened; I was there. But cannot remember the exact year. Long time ago!

2009 regional semifinal

Very bad loss for Silsbee. Tigers beat Jasper earlier that year by 40.

BTW, that 2009 win was the last time Jasper beat Silsbee in basketball and one of only 5 wins in the all time series.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

2009 regional semifinal

Very bad loss for Silsbee. Tigers beat Jasper earlier that year by 40.

BTW, that 2009 win was the last time Jasper beat Silsbee in basketball and one of only 5 wins in the all time series.

Good luck to Jasper and Silsbee in all sports to keep the haters away.... 

4 hours ago, jdog90 said:

This whole thread seems odd to me. We have a ex coach wanting someone to say they were better than what you have now. I think coach Crum is doing a outstanding job and definitely doing a better job of recruiting players to college than the last Regime.... But this is only my opinion

you are not alone. you absolutely nailed it with your thought about this thread! 

9 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Is there any correlation between the success in Football and the lack of success in baseball?

Or, is Jasper just in a low spot as far as baseball talent is concerned?

I think the previous poster's comment about specialization is generally right, just can't explain what's happening here.  Unless all of the Jasper kids are focusing totally on fb at the expense of the other sports... and even that can't explain what's going wrong with the skirts. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think the previous poster's comment about specialization is generally right, just can't explain what's happening here.  Unless all of the Jasper kids are focusing totally on fb at the expense of the other sports... and even that can't explain what's going wrong with the skirts. 

Definitely a conundrum.

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's part of my question too. Not just the boys sports but the girls sports have went way down as well. Jasper girls basketball and softball were much better a few years ago.

11 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

LOL so when did you decide to list yourself as Head Coach at Mansfield? 

late night dreams I suppose. May 1st @ 1:03 am was the roster change.

I didn't key board warrior.  I put the stats in max preps and that's how DB listed it.  No, I am not looking for anyone to say anything about my short time at Jasper.  That is why this thread was started in the political forum.  It was for just a few who had been trying to get rid of DB for several years. Maybe more like, "Is this what you wanted?" 

17 hours ago, jdog90 said:

This whole thread seems odd to me. We have a ex coach wanting someone to say they were better than what you have now. I think coach Crum is doing a outstanding job and definitely doing a better job of recruiting players to college than the last Regime.... But this is only my opinion

I think he's done more to get kids those opportunities than anybody we've ever had.

32 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Maybe the title of the thread should be -

What happened to all Jasper sports, excluding football? 

And also basketball and track. Basketball had losing records 6 out of the last 10 years. Everything is normal there. Volleyball has had horrible years before and so has softball. Probably should make the title: “what happened to Jasper baseball and girls basketball”

19 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

And also basketball and track. Basketball had losing records 6 out of the last 10 years. Everything is normal there. Volleyball has had horrible years before and so has softball. Probably should make the title: “what happened to Jasper baseball and girls basketball”

Here's the real thread title: "So this is one more crappy topic to throw around until football returns - PLEASE HURRY!"

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I don't care how many deep runs Jasper makes in football... or how the other sports do.  Jasper has 7 years to win it all starting last year or they need a new head football coach.

Not my words..

This post wins the day, hell THE WEEK !!!!

3 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

this is what is happening in Jasper.

This is the hidden content, please

and that's not all.  As far as the last "regime " is concerned there wasn't in 10 years a 1 /4 of this type of activity. 

no it's not all sports but we here in Jasper are not complaining one bit.