So... about this brawl between Kelly / HF - 7on7

I saw a couple of different views on setpoliticalreview.com.   I couldn't tell much about what caused it, etc... There was some kind of skirmish between players, then a grown man came across the field and attacked a player from Kelly.  

This is the hidden content, please

Disregard the commentary because it's Klein, but the footage begs for more questions.  

7-on-7 is just not it.... we went to a few games and it might as well have been an AND1 show at the city park.  Too much posturing and not enough fundamentals.  AAU on the gridiron. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why is this on a political site?

Not surprised it's a Klein piece

Why I think Klein talked about it was that an adult attacked a kid.  He stated that there was not any media coverage or police involvement.  So, apparently it's his opinion there should have been both. 

The first video was filmed on a potato apparently, but the parent who jumped a player should’ve been arrested without a doubt.  As an HF fan and employee, that’s embarrassing.  Hopefully our district takes whatever actions necessary against the players involved, and the parent if possible.  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Why I think Klein talked about it was that an adult attacked a kid.  He stated that there was not any media coverage or police involvement.  So, apparently it's his opinion there should have been both. 

The reason there was no media coverage is because this 7 on 7 wasn't a state qualifier tourney. It was just a "practice" type to get ready for the state qualifying tourneys. Was no need for coverage, particularly since it was on a Saturday. Klein is clueless when it comes to sport media coverage. He was just wanting to take shots, which he enjoys doing.

Now as for no law enforcement working this event, that can be questioned.

Video isn't the greatest so it's hard to tell if an officer or two was there or not.

I agree that the parent should have been arrested.

This was just another "hit piece" by Klein. The dude really needs to get a life.

In the for what it’s worth department….

Klein makes a point of the adult assaulting a 16 year old child. In this particular situation, the 16 year old is considered an adult.

Certainly a person who assaults another should have charges filed on him in the victim wishes to ask for charges. It would not be an assault on a child however and the same as an adult assaulting an adult. 

Carry on….

Kids will be kids… form of trash talking is part of the game. Gotta control your anger. If you don’t want them to trash talk do your job and lock him down, complete those passes, catch the ball and get open and etc…. 

but this could have been way way worse situation…. Thank goodness it wasn’t. Parent attacking a kid. Straight clown behavior…. Wrong kid/ family getting attacked could have resulted in a shooting/stabbing or whatever. People today seem to be more trigger happy imo. 

18 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Kids will be kids… form of trash talking is part of the game. Gotta control your anger. If you don’t want them to trash talk do your job and lock him down, complete those passes, catch the ball and get open and etc…. 

but this could have been way way worse situation…. Thank goodness it wasn’t. Parent attacking a kid. Straight clown behavior…. Wrong kid/ family getting attacked could have resulted in a shooting/stabbing or whatever. People today seem to be more trigger happy imo. 

There are plenty of reasons that taunting, personal fouls, excessive celebrating, etc get penalized in organized games.  Basic sportsmanship, the games "getting out of hand" leading to fights, and the list goes on.   From what I've seen, 7-on-7 games tend to get far, far away from the spirit of the game-to see who can score more points.  It turns into a trash-talking, posturing, exhibition of "Talent" that will hopefully lead to getting noticed by a scout and NIL money... not getting better at the game.  

Like I said, I'd rather sit in a gym all afternoon and watch "Big Baller Brand" wannabees act the same way.... at least I'd be indoors.  

21 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There are plenty of reasons that taunting, personal fouls, excessive celebrating, etc get penalized in organized games.  Basic sportsmanship, the games "getting out of hand" leading to fights, and the list goes on.   From what I've seen, 7-on-7 games tend to get far, far away from the spirit of the game-to see who can score more points.  It turns into a trash-talking, posturing, exhibition of "Talent" that will hopefully lead to getting noticed by a scout and NIL money... not getting better at the game.  

Like I said, I'd rather sit in a gym all afternoon and watch "Big Baller Brand" wannabees act the same way.... at least I'd be indoors.  

This type of behavior does happen in less organized 7on7.....although it does happen in state qualifiers for 7on7 etc its much, much less common and is usually penalized from what I've seen over the years

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

This type of behavior does happen in less organized 7on7.....although it does happen in state qualifiers for 7on7 etc its much, much less common and is usually penalized from what I've seen over the years

Fair enough.... I can only speak about the ones that I've watched, and they weren't state qualifiers.