Orangefield 34 Hitchcock 66/FINAL

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

At least one huh?  Dorsey and maybe one more?  The two athletic wings I really like (Jones and Sherwood) are both juniors though. 

We better hope to be opposite them in the playoffs next year ☺️☺️☺️

2 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

We better hope to be opposite them in the playoffs next year ☺️☺️☺️

I predict if we stay 3A (and we should), the Bobcats will finally make a regional tournament in the next 5 years.  Especially if HF continues to outrecruit EC. 

34 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

At least one huh?  Dorsey and maybe one more?  The two athletic wings I really like (Jones and Sherwood) are both juniors though. 

Yeah, I’d edited it before you finished replying.  Regardless they have a ton of talent coming back 

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yeah, I’d edited it before you finished replying.  Regardless they have a ton of talent coming back 

Honestly didn’t know for sure but thought it was at least 1 and maybe 2.  They will be #1 again next season, maybe wire to wire again. 

12 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

How many starters is OF losing to graduation this year? 

12 hours ago, TxHoops said:

3 maybe?  Smith, Wrinkle and Rucker?

Yes, those 3 starters as well as 3 guys (only Rawls got regular minutes) from the bench. So only 4 out of the 10 players that were on the varsity roster through the district schedule will be returning. Scales, Thomas, and Manning that were Sophomores and Rogers that was the only Junior.

3 hours ago, CowboyJeffR said:

Yes, those 3 starters as well as 3 guys (only Rawls got regular minutes) from the bench. So only 4 out of the 10 players that were on the varsity roster through the district schedule will be returning. Scales, Thomas, and Manning that were Sophomores and Rogers that was the only Junior.

Thanks for the info!  I know they have some really good kids coming up too.  And to be honest, in terms of skill and upside, after Scales, the Thomas kid appeared to me to have the highest ceiling.  He looks like he could be a really good one over the next couple of years.  Did a lot of things pretty well, especially for a sophomore.  But they are definitely losing some key pieces.  Forgot about Rawls.  Wrinkle got most of the praise out of that group (and he definitely deserved it - he played really hard and was super gritty), but all 4 of those guys were indispensable in that run.  Hopefully the young guys coming up will fill in those gaps.  But as we discussed when he was hired, love that we have Whitmire and his staff developing those kids.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Thanks for the info!  I know they have some really good kids coming up too.  And to be honest, in terms of skill and upside, after Scales, the Thomas kid appeared to me to have the highest ceiling.  He looks like he could be a really good one over the next couple of years.  Did a lot of things pretty well, especially for a sophomore.  But they are definitely losing some key pieces.  Forgot about Rawls.  Wrinkle got most of the praise out of that group (and he definitely deserved it - he played really hard and was super gritty), but all 4 of those guys were indispensable in that run.  Hopefully the young guys coming up will fill in those gaps.  But as we discussed when he was hired, love that we have Whitmire and his staff developing those kids.  

Absolutely. One of the best staffs in the area. I would guess both assistants will be head coaches in the next few years. 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:24 PM, Kdubya said:

They have 2 seniors starting, 2 guards,  1 going to UNLV and the other to Memphis in football.  Both make the offense and defense go.  Maybe 3-4 seniors total.  The big kids are juniors. 

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Hard to replace, I would imagine, but boy do they have some serious pieces coming back next year 

They could be the team out of our region for the next few years hands down. They are seriously talented.