Orangefield 34 Hitchcock 66/FINAL

They just have way too much firepower. One of their kids I know well is junior Elijah Sherwood.  Really good kid.  You could argue he’s the third best player on that team.  He would also probably be the best wing in the history of Orangefield basketball.  We would need to shoot the ball as well as we possibly could shoot it even be in the game.  Still a great season for the Bobcats, record setting season in wins and record tying season in playoff wins.  Future is very bright.  

Most of the Hitchcock kids ar football heavy.  The tallest kid #11, a junior,  is mainly basketball and could be D1.  The other tall kid inside #24, junior quarterback, committed to Texas Tech.  Two of the guards, one going to UNLV and the other going to Memphis.  The other starting guard, football wr, has offers from Texas, A&M, Penn State just to name a few.   Runs a 10.6 100.  All good athletes. 

10 minutes ago, Kdubya said:

Most of the Hitchcock kids ar football heavy.  The tallest kid #11, a junior,  is mainly basketball and could be D1.  The other tall kid inside #24, junior quarterback, committed to Texas Tech.  Two of the guards, one going to UNLV and the other going to Memphis.  The other starting guard, football wr, has offers from Texas, A&M, Penn State just to name a few.   Runs a 10.6 100.  All good athletes. 

Like Silsbee’s Miller, they have D1 kids in more than one sport.  Like Miller, some are choosing football because they can play Power 5 in that sport vs Mid major in hoops (although Drelon could be power 5 in either possibly). How many D1 basketball kids has Orangefield ever had?  Not many.  You are correct though about them being football heavy.  One of the things I love about the really good teams in lower divisions.  Get to see true athletes who are great in multiple sports. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Orangefield 34 Hitchcock 66/FINAL
11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They just have way too much firepower. One of their kids I know well is junior Elijah Sherwood.  Really good kid.  You could argue he’s the third best player on that team.  He would also probably be the best wing in the history of Orangefield basketball.  We would need to shoot the ball as well as we possibly could shoot it even be in the game.  Still a great season for the Bobcats, record setting season in wins and record tying season in playoff wins.  Future is very bright.  

Agree with all of this. Never would have thought I’d see OF at this level of play consistently. Future is extremely bright for them. 

congrats to Hitchcock. Extremely well coached to go along with the talent. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Like Silsbee’s Miller, they have D1 kids in more than one sport.  Like Miller, some are choosing football because they can play Power 5 in that sport vs Mid major in hoops.  How many D1 basketball kids has Orangefield ever had?  Not many.  You are correct though about them being football heavy.  One of the things I love about the really good teams in lower divisions.  Get to see true athletes who are great in multiple sports. 

Crazy combination of talent for a 3A that’s for sure… Bellville is playing them in football next year and I can’t wait to check them out

Just now, Kdubya said:

How do you think this Hitchcock team would stack up against Silsbee's basketball team?

They don’t have a Harris, and although they hit 5 or 6 threes tonight on us I don’t think they’re a great shooting team. I’d say Silsbee by 20ish

Just now, Kdubya said:

How do you think this Hitchcock team would stack up against Silsbee's basketball team?

Had this very thought earlier.  Silsbee would be the favorite but Hitchcock would be the best team they’ve played since non-district.  Would be fun to watch I think because Hitchcock is just as athletic. 

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Crazy combination of talent for a 3A that’s for sure… Bellville is playing them in football next year and I can’t wait to check them out

That will be a fun one.  This year that is one I would have traveled to see.  Not sure what they will each look like next year. 

Just now, Elessar said:

They don’t have a Harris, and although they hit 5 or 6 threes tonight on us I don’t think they’re a great shooting team. I’d say Silsbee by 20ish

Honestly depending on the shooting for either team it could be closer than that IMO… but I agree they don’t have a Harris and that’s a big factor 

Just now, TxHoops said:

That will be a fun one.  This year that is one I would have traveled to see.  Not sure what they will each look like next year. 

Hitchcock brings most of their skill guys back I know… Bellville will have some losses… but will still be good enough to be region favorites IMO