And then there was Dayton...

If tonight was any indication of just how strong Waller is (not just an "out of the ordinary" game for them) then I have to say that Dayton may actually have to give up a little next week. In other words, 43-0 would be a surprise to me. On the other hand, with the way Dayton is playing right now, a 34-14 Bronco victory wouldn't suprise me one bit. GO BRONCOS! Take it all the way to state so the Raiders can at least say that they beat both the current and defending state champions in the same year (HA). Rumor has it that the Broncos will be playing in a different district next year. It's a shame. I thought we were on the verge of a great new rivalry between LHS and Dayton.

If tonight was any indication of just how strong Waller is (not just an "out of the ordinary" game for them) then I have to say that Dayton may actually have to give up a little next week. In other words, 43-0 would be a surprise to me. On the other hand, with the way Dayton is playing right now, a 34-14 Bronco victory wouldn't suprise me one bit. GO BRONCOS! Take it all the way to state so the Raiders can at least say that they beat both the current and defending state champions in the same year (HA). Rumor has it that the Broncos will be playing in a different district next year. It's a shame. I thought we were on the verge of a great new rivalry between LHS and Dayton.

Its all about lumberton right? NOT

Wonder if Lumberton would be willing to play Dayton before district  :-\

Didn't mean to step on any toes there. And, I didn't mean to imply that it was ALL about Lumberton. To be honest with you. Excuse me for saying this but this is JUST high school football. I love it as much as the next guy but it's still JUST a game. What I enjoyed most was the community spirit that surrounded it and the confidence boost it meant for these kids (those who play and those who don't). As for the potential rivalry; I meant it in true sportmanship. There's nothing like a rivalry and there's nothing like an 8-7 defeat to a district foe (especially one who was never expected to do much) to start one. I hate to see Dayton go. The Broncos have proven that they are the team to beat in this district (and probably the state). And, yes, should Dayton leave the district, I think it would be in LHS best interests to schedule them every year to not only keep a rivalry going but to help prepare for playing in one of the toughtest districts in the state. Again. GO BRONCOS! (see...it's not all about Lumberton (ha)).

Guest BIG HOUSE

Lets go BRONCO's we are behind you guys 100%..Bring it home for 22-4A.....Good luck..Waller is a good team,big,fast and physical....I know the coaches will get the boys prepared...

Unfortunately, I missed the Dayton/Lumberton game so I'd like to see a pre-district game.  Can't say I'm dissappointed about leaving the Beaumont District because of the high quality of the teams and well because Dayton is not exactly close to ANY of the schools in the district.  Maybe the superintendent from Galena Park will ALLOW us back in his district.  I understand being upset with the same team winning district for 8 straight years or however many it was and beating your team 12 consecutive.  Put us in with New Caney and Livingston at least.

awhile back i put a blog in the hous.cron.paper as the cron.stated dayton had a chance if they could weather the texas city storm.they were saying basically tx.city scored 28 1 st qtr.pts.on bay city.that being said as nederland said they would run over dayton, they both paid dearly like 105 pts.to 10 pts.we welcome all comments about what you think you ca do w/the football. i made commentsto the cron.paper that 2 of 3 teams,being lumberton & west-or stark,are both still playing in the playoffs & both games were close,the other loss to friendswood by 1 pt.& they played real close games w/tx.city &la marque.

Since the start of district, 10 games ago

Dayton has scored 386 points.

Defense has only allowed 45 points to be scored against them.

5 out of 10 games were shutouts. 

Sure hope we can build on these stats and get these stats out on newspapers and television spots just to let people know that its not a fluke that we are where we are...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin