Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was just told that the DC does not have his masters and some want that to be a requirement for the position.

This makes sense. I'm hoping "interim" means he is currently working through a masters program and will no longer be interim once that is complete. Otherwise, they're just appeasing the masses until they have a chance to get the next guy. Here's hoping for the best!

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was just told that the DC does not have his masters and some want that to be a requirement for the position.

This makes sense. I'm hoping "interim" means he is currently working through a masters program and will no longer be interim once that is complete. Otherwise, they're just appeasing the masses until they have a chance to get the next guy. Here's hoping for the best!

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Most if not all AD positions require a masters degree

Reyes, Babin and others have not had a masters. You can look up education records even those that applied did not  a masters degree either. 

On 3/9/2024 at 12:18 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

While I'm not satisfied that McDonald is the best hire for the job (although he may be a decent choice), I can't see why a Master's is a pre-requisite. Something doesn't sound right....

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

While I'm not satisfied that McDonald is the best hire for the job (although he may be a decent choice), I can't see why a Master's is a pre-requisite. Have they ever had that as a pre-requisite before? Something doesn't sound right....

Are you ever satisfied?!?!.... Probably not.  And you can't see why?!?! WOW!!!

I think there are master programs based on coaching or athletic administration. (Could be wrong.) probably more tuned toward handling the responsibilities of being an AD rather than actual coaching. I can see how that could be a factor in a hire, but if you just need a masters in any field to qualify then it doesn't make much sense.

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't think that's necessarily the case in Lumberton though.

I can think of numerous reasons why you would want a candidate to have a master's degree to become AD... Program management, budgeting/financing, UIL compliance, etc... smh.  Not just about the X's and O's.  Not just about football.

45 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I can think of numerous reasons why you would want a candidate to have a master's degree to become AD... Program management, budgeting/financing, UIL compliance, etc... smh.  Not just about the X's and O's.  Not just about football.

You're silly if you think a master's degree is necessary for any of those tasks. Hell, there are many CEO's of corporations that don't have graduate degrees... some with no degree whatsoever. Silly man...

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I think they are still searching for a "better deal". Looking for a more proven coach while keeping McDonald on the line by giving him the interim title.

The biggest problem with this is that McDonald has to hire an Offensive Coordinator.

Not going to be easy to get someone to come in and run the Offense for a defensive head coach with the "Interim" title in front of head coach.

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

Btw, Sam Walton worth hundreds of billions of dollars while still alive had only a bachelor's degree. He founded and ran the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Also held the title of richest man in the world for a period. Sure wish he’d have gotten that master’s. SMH. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC