Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC

31 minutes ago, NEDDAWGS said:

Will they hire within for this job? Seems like what they had going was doing fine. 

Very well could, but they are going to have to put in a whole new offensive system.

Reyes ran his system and called the plays.

He was actually hiring an Offensive Coordinator before he left, so I really don't think they have anyone qualified on staff to run the offensive side of the ball.

Whose offensive system would Raider fans want if, theoretically, you could get anyone from the area? I’m sure Lumberton could pay more than most if they really wanted to keep winning… but then again, a coach leaving to make a lateral move shows me that maybe they don’t really care that much. Or the admin/board doesn’t anyway. A lot of industry there to not be able to put $ on what they think matters!

21 minutes ago, Midcountyman89 said:

Whose offensive system would Raider fans want if, theoretically, you could get anyone from the area? I’m sure Lumberton could pay more than most if they really wanted to keep winning… but then again, a coach leaving to make a lateral move shows me that maybe they don’t really care that much. Or the admin/board doesn’t anyway. A lot of industry there to not be able to put $ on what they think matters!

I think you have to continue to spread it out in Lumberton.

Now, do they have some TE/H Back type kids that you can run a power/counter run game?

I don't know, but I think you have to continue some semblance of what they have been doing offensively.

1 hour ago, Midcountyman89 said:

Not sure about the HC spot - but they pay their teachers ABYSMALLY, which means those assistants are hustling coaching 3 maybe even 4 sports to make it. Lumberton needs to pay their teachers more. 

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Now, do they have some TE/H Back type kids that you can run a power/counter run game?

I don't know, but I think you have to continue some semblance of what they have been doing offensively.

The qb was a willie ray smith finalist plus multiple year accolades...Probably won't see that again for a bit? For that reason they probably should go back to something more condensed and run oriented.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Not necessarily. Last season, the Raiders had the district mvp, offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, special teams player of the year AND coach of the year. They graduated 30+ seniors. Any way you look at it, it is a rebuilding year. Whoever the new head coach is going to be, he needs to implement whatever system he’s comfortable with and works for him and move forward with that. My opinion, of course. 

37 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

That has every intention to stick around and build culture too should be the goal

Stick around for what?... Medicore seasons and every once in a blue moon a couple, few successful seasons.  Lumberton is a get your feet wet and move on to bigger and better.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, setxathlete14 said:

If you're a good coach. And establish a lasting culture....Mediocre seasons don't exist.

Why did Lumberton's coach leave???  Seems like he was having a bit of success.  Maybe he saw the writing on the walls.... M E D I O C R E.  You think the next coach will jump right in a continue the success of the previous coach???

4 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Why did Lumberton's coach leave???  Seems like he was having a bit of success.  

2 kinds of successful coaches

A. Get in when the talent is on an up swing, and GET OUT when you can

B. Take a job and BUILD it into something SPECIAL then maintain that level of success by developing talent

3 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

2 kinds of successful coaches

A. Get in when the talent is on an up swing, and GET OUT when you can

B. Take a job and BUILD it into something SPECIAL then maintain that level of success by developing talent

So lumbertons coach is coach a? Get in and get out so you are not tied to the let up of the next season/s.

9 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

So lumbertons coach is coach a? Get in and get out so you are not tied to the let up of the next season/s.

Nothing wrong with being Coach A.

Some coaches are bought in to the community they work for. They have a desire to be in that location for the long haul. These coaches develop and work differently that coaches that are on a short term lease situation.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC