Scott Rich named as new Nederland HC/AD

19 hours ago, olddadt49 said:

I went.  Seems like a very motivated man. He seems determined to change the attitude and culture. He stayed until everyone got their turn to talk to him and all of their questions were answered, even though it was his daughter 's 13th birthday.  Then he went back to Katy for that.

I like him already and I haven't even met him.  Everyone must buy what he's selling. 

7 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I like him already and I haven't even met him.  Everyone must buy what he's selling. 

I was going to go but I got busy with other stuff.  So far from what I have read of what he has said,  I like it.

5 hours ago, Midcountyman89 said:

1. PNG

2. Lake Creek

3. Huntsville

4. probably Dayton now as of yesterday 

5. Nederland, unfortunately, then all of their seniors (who apparently we have been waiting for) graduate and it’s time for another hot seat. 

I look at it as a toss up between Dayton and Nederland for the fourth spot. Dayton has a more proven coach, but I (perhaps naively) refuse to not think Nederland is a good coach away from putting things together. But, I’d still give an edge to Dayton. They were a more complete team than Nederland last year and are returning some key pieces. Nederland won an “anybody’s game” matchup with them. Add Prieto and the coin weighs more toward Dayton (and not just against Nederland). 

And, just my two cents: I have trouble choosing between LC or PNG for first place. PNG was better last year, overall, but only slightly. LC brings back a stud QB and who knows who else. And, there’s hardly any margin for error. We could reasonably drop the first two of district and be fighting for third. 

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

You would be surprised, 16-18 year olds can put on weight fast if on the right plan and in the weight room.

I’m sure an improvement from last year, looking more forward to the 2-3 years on a plan full offseason workout and culture change. 

positive note I’m hearing all the kids are really buying into the program and perfect attendance to everyone showing up for the before and after school workouts. 

6 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What's worse is I heard Splendora scheduled their own homecoming during their bye week. 😂

Splendora went winless in 4a District with lcm vidor lumberton there only win was against 6a cleveland