5A D1 District 9 Discussion

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Well the good thing for 9-5A teams is that at most, we will have to travel up 59 to Lufkin only once in two years. Lufkin will have to travel south a full 50% of the time. By far, the great bulk of additional travel is still on them.    

Still, the UIL messed up with Lufkin passingup Porter, KPark, and Crosby to play in Dist 9 #dumb

DISTRICT 9

Barbers Hill, Baytown Sterling, Beaumont United, Beaumont Westbrook, Crosby, Galveston Ball, La Porte, Port Arthur Memorial.

DISTRICT 10

Galena Park, Houston Spring Woods, Houston Austin, Houston Madison, Houston Milby, Houston Sharpstown, Houston Sterling, Houston Waltrip, and Houston Westbury.

DISTRICT 11

Angleton, Fort Bend Kempner, Friendswood, Kingwood Park, Lufkin, New Caney Porter, and Pasadena. 

What's wrong with these district set-ups?  Two nine-team districts and one seven team district.  I agree with Austin85...why have Lufkin pass up KP and NCP on Highway 59 to play in District 9?  The drive to/from Angleton and Lufkin would not be fun, but it's doable.

1 hour ago, 1989NDN said:

DISTRICT 9

Barbers Hill, Baytown Sterling, Beaumont United, Beaumont Westbrook, Crosby, Galveston Ball, La Porte, Port Arthur Memorial.

DISTRICT 10

Galena Park, Houston Spring Woods, Houston Austin, Houston Madison, Houston Milby, Houston Sharpstown, Houston Sterling, Houston Waltrip, and Houston Westbury.

DISTRICT 11

Angleton, Fort Bend Kempner, Friendswood, Kingwood Park, Lufkin, New Caney Porter, and Pasadena. 

What's wrong with these district set-ups?  Two nine-team districts and one seven team district.  I agree with Austin85...why have Lufkin pass up KP and NCP on Highway 59 to play in District 9?  The drive to/from Angleton and Lufkin would not be fun, but it's doable.

I had an alignment which Lufkin played in the HISD district and KP, porter, and Crosby in with Beaumont and PA.  Sent BH south and put Spring Woods with Houston.  

44 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I had an alignment which Lufkin played in the HISD district and KP, porter, and Crosby in with Beaumont and PA.  Sent BH south and put Spring Woods with Houston.  

That's even better geographically and financially for the districts involved.  You need to contact the UIL and volunteer to serve on the realignment committee. The current committee is like you said, dumb or blind, or both.

43 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

That's even better geographically and financially for the districts involved.  You need to contact the UIL and volunteer to serve on the realignment committee. The current committee is like you said, dumb or blind, or both.

If only I could, I would have done that 10 alignments ago

On 2/1/2024 at 3:02 PM, Cougtalk said:

Angleton

Baytown Sterling

Beaumont United Beaumont

West Brook

Galveston Ball

Mt Belvieu Barbers Hill

Port Arthur Memorial

Angleton in this district is geographically dumb. 

Who takes the district? 6A's dropping? 

Angleton is out Lufkin is is. 

9-5a is 

Sterling

United

Westbroom

PAM

Barbers Hill

Galveston Ball 

Lufkin*

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I figured boobie was one. Great kid… 

Which one is Boobie?

On a side note, I will be highly disappointed on anything less than 2nd with the experience PAM has coming back from both lines and running backs.......

• 1 month later...