Duncanville Gloves??

ST413

I have seen all the pi s and posts online about the interference call. The most interesting  thing to me was someone staying that Duncanville has made a habit of wearing the same color gloves as their opponents jerseys, thus making such calls a lot more difficult to see.  I saw some pics from a few games where that appeared to be the case, unless they were photoshopped pics.  Does anyone have any insight into this and if thats the case why hasnt there been a rule against this??

2 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have seen all the pi s and posts online about the interference call. The most interesting  thing to me was someone staying that Duncanville has made a habit of wearing the same color gloves as their opponents jerseys, thus making such calls a lot more difficult to see.  I saw some pics from a few games where that appeared to be the case, unless they were photoshopped pics.  Does anyone have any insight into this and if thats the case why hasnt there been a rule against this??

This is already being discussed in the game thread.

1 minute ago, LTFALCON said:

Rule for telling kids they cant wear RED gloves if the opposing team is wearing red? No UIL rule for this at all. 

Didnt say there was a rule said why isnt there one.  I know my daughter plays softball and there are rules , at least in some sanctions not sure about all of the, against having yellow in the uniform shirt so thT it doesnt hinder the batter seeing the ball.

16 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Didnt say there was a rule said why isnt there one.  I know my daughter plays softball and there are rules , at least in some sanctions not sure about all of the, against having yellow in the uniform shirt so thT it doesnt hinder the batter seeing the ball.

Yeah, and they sing songs in the dugout too. Apples and oranges. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Agreed, but what if they DO match your uniform and the other team's uniform too? Still got a problem...

Then to me it wouldnt be obvious that you were attempting to “hide” a from a penalty.  If you want to carry that rule farther make the gloves match the teams jersey color then you cant worry about teams with same colora each team wuold have to go to the expense of hving a set of white gloves and their dark color gloves.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Thats for safety reasons. A bright yellow ball being hurled at your head from 42 feet at 60+ mph is very different than a hold on a jersey. 
Until UIL makes it illegal then it’s up to the opposing coaches to make sure the crew calling the game is aware. It could actually backfire if a crew really cracks down on what the gloves are actually being used for. 

Pretty sure the PI and gloves controversy was about SOC because their colors are BLACK/GOLD/WHITE so the ONLY reason select players, mainly DB’s and OL would be wearing PURPLE gloves vs PNG, POWDER BLUE vs Emerson, RED vs Lovejoy…etc is because they’re PURPOSELY trying to hide PI’s and holding from the officials in order to gain a edge!!   Maybe there’s no rule against it, but I think it’s flat out “dirty strategy” 

12 minutes ago, NDNmom91 said:

Pretty sure the PI and gloves controversy was about SOC because their colors are BLACK/GOLD/WHITE so the ONLY reason select players, mainly DB’s and OL would be wearing PURPLE gloves vs PNG, POWDER BLUE vs Emerson, RED vs Lovejoy…etc is because they’re PURPOSELY trying to hide PI’s and holding from the officials in order to gain a edge!!   Maybe there’s no rule against it, but I think it’s flat out “dirty strategy” 

Say what you want, it within the rules, PNG players wore white gloves again SOC and SOC had white Jersey’s on, why didn’t PNG players wear purple or black gloves? I’m a huge PNG fan, we won, who really cares what color gloves they wore, they were legal.

4 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

No ma’am. It’s smart strategy. Just like an O Lineman grabbing up under a D Lineman’s pads and holding him til he pulls away. Part of the strategy and game. And holding is actually illegal whereas the same color gloves  aren’t. 

On 12/19/2023 at 7:32 PM, PNG4LIFE91 said:

I wouldn't call it dirty id call it smart

On principle, I don’t think it’s right. It doesn’t just cover up holding. It can also disguise pass interference, horse collars and possibly face mask penalties or others I’m not thinking of. There are potential safety issues. At a minimum, doing so evinces a clear intent to obfuscate illegal activity. I think it should be illegal. In fact, I would support a rule requiring the home team to wear black gloves, if any, and the visiting team to wear white gloves, if any. Problem solved.

Having said that, if there isn’t going to be a rule against the practice, fair’s fair.