Duncanville Gloves??

ST413

5 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

It's not done to hide penalties, it's called "disrespect spat" where you wear the other teams colors..its not uncommon to see...first time I saw SOC do it was in 2019 vs Kimball they wore red.....Kimball was in white jerseys that day so it clearly wasn't done for a competitive advantage then 

So you’re telling me they did it specifically to disrespect their opponents? That makes it so much more acceptable.

Whether the deception is intentional or not (I suspect it is) doesn’t change the effect. My opinion is unchanged.

7 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

So you’re telling me they did it specifically to disrespect their opponents? That makes it so much more acceptable.

Whether the deception is intentional or not (I suspect it is) doesn’t change the effect. My opinion is unchanged.

Generally speaking yes it's not done on purpose to give that competitive advantage it's more for clout on Instagram in hype videos etc 

16 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Generally speaking yes it's not done on purpose to give that competitive advantage it's more for clout on Instagram in hype videos etc 

Exactly. 

Also these camp kids get gear, they wear different gloves throughout the season. It is what it is. 

People don't have to like it, but it's absolutely nothing they can do about it 🤷🏾‍♂️ PLAY BALL!

25 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

If the SOC program is at a point where the players care more about showy Instagram clout than respecting their opponents, it explains a lot about their poor showing, and they deserved to lose.

If a player did that at Alabama, Saban would run him until his legs fell off, and half the fan base would rightly laud the decision.

1 minute ago, PN-G bamatex said:

If the SOC program is at a point where the players care more about showy Instagram clout than respecting their opponents, it explains a lot about their poor showing, and they deserved to lose.

If a player did that at Alabama, Saban would run him until his legs fell off, and half the fan base would rightly laud the decision.

Difference is: HS........College. 

14 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Considering they've been doing it a while now and they've won two state titles and played for another my guess is they'll be fine

5 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Whether high school or college, this game is supposed to teach the players about life. How to grow up and be men. That ain’t it.

You are entitled to your opinion. Much like the coaches at SOC are entitled to run their program as they see fit, the results are the results. And the results from this year's game had nothing to do with the gloves or being distracted...PNG just beat SOC

I think what's happened at SOC and the type of kids they've put out have made a difference for the positive.

IMO they've done far more good in their community than any percieved slights by wearing the opposing teams colors.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:21 PM, ST413 said:

Didnt say there was a rule said why isnt there one.  I know my daughter plays softball and there are rules , at least in some sanctions not sure about all of the, against having yellow in the uniform shirt so thT it doesnt hinder the batter seeing the ball.

Because it would be a stupid rule. 

1 hour ago, pine curtain said:

read a few rule books and you will find plenty of stupid rules.

would not surprise me that if this becomes a problem that the NCAA addresses it with s specific rule or applies one of their catch all rules to it.

Nah. Just cuz there are stupid rules on the books doesn’t mean we have to add more. 

20 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Looked at 2022 pics and a few had purple gloves on and we wore white SOC in all black. None of the SOC kids had on white gloves. So gives credence to a disrespect vs in game advantage reasoning. Pretty stupid but….

PNG 2023 State Champs 

Disrespect that! 😂

On 12/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, PN-G bamatex said:

Whether high school or college, this game is supposed to teach the players about life. How to grow up and be men. That ain’t it.

NOT just gloves... players do it with mouthpieces, arm bands, etc.

You can throw teaching and how to be a man out the window.  Football is all about clout and money... Its the LOOK AT ME era.