PNG Coaching Change?

NDNNation45

25 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I think you’re misunderstanding my point. I’m not saying he wouldn’t have talent at Katy. I’m saying he wouldn’t have a monopoly on talent at Katy, and he would have difficulty achieving his father’s level of success without it.

We’re already seeing this. His father’s name has been established for decades. Gary Joseph has multiple state titles to his name. Where’s the more recent success been? Katy Paetow. Is Katy enjoying the success it used to have? No. Why? Because new high schools are popping up all over Katy ISD. The talent’s being siphoned away. Putting up mailboxes isn’t so easy when schools are being rezoned left and right and the kids are getting bussed across town every time a new bond passes or a new subdivision is built.

That’s not so in the Golden Triangle. Buy a home anywhere in PN-GISD, and there’s no question what school your kids are going to or what team they’re playing on. That makes the proposition all the more attractive, in a way I don’t think it ever really can be again in the Houston area.

I’m not misunderstanding your point.  Katy high has lost like 6 games in 5 years, though, and been to the state semis two out of the last three.  You’re overstating their demise.  If anything, with the buzz surrounding him now he’d pull talent back from those other Katy schools, although it’s not like there’s not a ton still there.  But the same holds true if he wants to take a job in any big city for more money and prestige.  But as I said, it would be cool if he stays here.  I just don’t think your reasoning will be why if he does.  The community is the only thing that has a shot to keep him here.  

I’m guessing his phone was ringing before got out of the AT&T parking lot… he has a unique opportunity with the community support at PNG and he’ll be able to call his shots there for as long as he wants … but it will be hard for him to pass up the offers of the bright lights of the larger programs around the state… my guess is it’s a coin flip on whether he stays or leaves this year 

56 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

He is not leaving this year.

I know that is the hope of everyone in PNG Nation…. But there is probably a better chance than anyone wants to admit… keep in mind there is a long history of coaches at every level stating clearly that they have no intentions to leave…. And then a month later they are issuing there farewell letter thanking everyone for their support … 

it sounds like he has quickly established the right mindset among his staff so when they day comes that he leaves I’m sure it will be next man up over there… whether that search begins 10 years, 5 years or one year from now … or next month for that matter PNG will be fine 

42 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Buchanan at Aledo did and Surratt at Carthage did.  So it’s not inconceivable.  

Exactly

I'm obviously not the voice of all coaches,  but the opportunity to build something sustainable is the greatest measure of a coach. Winning one is impressive. But, creating a long-term, winning culture that wins consistently and has the opportunity to win multiple State Championships is what all coaches want. The opportunity to stay in one place and CREATE a program that others are measured against is what it's all about.

6 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

After some discussion earlier today, I am far less concerned about this thread than I was at 11 o’clock last night.

I am looking forward to watching Coach Joseph continue to man the helm of this program for the foreseeable future. 😎

I believe you are right.  Well, 99% right.  I think there is a caveat:  As I’ve stated before, if Westlake or South Lake Carrol wants him bad enough and makes offers worth his while I think that might sway him.  Other than that I think he’s staying.
Or if Nederland, well, never mind!  LOL!  Thoughts?!

36 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I believe you are right.  Well, 99% right.  I think there is a caveat:  As I’ve stated before, if Westlake or South Lake Carrol wants him bad enough and makes offers worth his while I think that might sway him.  Other than that I think he’s staying.

If he tried to go to Nederland, PNG fans would form a human wall at the train tracks. He would need the CIA to smuggle him across the border. 

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

SLC would have to move on from Riley Dodge and that’s not happening.