PNG Coaching Change?

NDNNation45

19 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

One more note that I think is worth adding:

PN-G is the only program in SETX to make it past the fourth round the last two seasons. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only large school program in the area to do so since 2018. We have other programs in the area that I think are on the cusp (e.g., Memorial, Silsbee, Jasper, Newton, Hamshire-Fannett, and Lumberton) or have some potential if they can figure some things out (e.g., Nederland, WO-S, and maybe Vidor or LC-M), but for the moment, PN-G is the Golden Triangle's standard bearer in high school football.

There is potential for PN-G to enter a golden age akin to what WO-S was able to achieve under Dan Hooks and Cornell Thompson. If you're the parent of a Golden Triangle-area child with tons of athletic potential in a district where he either won't have the opportunity to start a la Roschon Johnson, or won't play for a successful program a la the Beaumont schools, what are the other area schools you're going to look at as a potential landing spot? Right now, PN-G should probably be at the top of that list. As previously mentioned, that won't be the case in Katy ISD with all the new schools opening.

In short, there is an opportunity available at PN-G that I don't think exists at very many other schools in the state. I think Joseph and company realize that at some level.

I’ve been saying this and you’re spot on.  Wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit to see some new faces on the roster next season.  This is just the start of something big.  

25 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yup.  That pay raise and extension is nice, but also drives up the asking price when the offers from other schools start rolling in 

Why leave PNG? Not being a homer but amazing fan support. Plenty of talent. Complete support from the board. PNG can pay so what would he leave for?

52 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

Why leave PNG? Not being a homer but amazing fan support. Plenty of talent. Complete support from the board. PNG can pay so what would he leave for?

It's easy. He doesn't have a family to worry about. Why would he pass up higher pay, arguably better talent pool, and succeed his  father at his Alma matter he played in a state championship for..... hes on borrowed time no doubt.

Plus katy is alot more nicer area than setx most of us would say...

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

He is single with no kids. It’s alot easier for him to pack up and move than someone with family involved in the district.  If he did leave, I would give the job to McDaniel on the spot. 

Man there is alot of thirsty women in southeast texas im sure he can get a date. Hell he probably could have found one after the game

2 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

SLC would have to move on from Riley Dodge and that’s not happening.  

You are probably right.  But, IMHO, this Dodge will not win a State Title.  Joseph did in his second year.  Dodge is a good coach.  But does he have what it takes to win a Title?  Once they realize this will they then make a move?  Only time will tell.  
PS — they think he an do what his Dad did:  not gonna happen!  Again, my opinion!  

33 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Man there is alot of thirsty women in southeast texas im sure he can get a date. Hell he probably could have found one after the game

He probably has to bring a baseball bat to the Wheelhouse in order to get out of there in one piece. 

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You are probably right.  But, IMHO, this Dodge will not win a State Title.  Joseph did in his second year.  Dodge is a good coach.  But does he have what it takes to win a Title?  Once they realize this will they then make a move?  Only time will tell.  
PS — they think he an do what his Dad did:  not gonna happen!  Again, my opinion!  

Why can’t he? He was only stopped by his own dad a few years ago. 

38 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There was a woman in purple at the championship yesterday holding up a sign that read, “Our coach is hotter than yours!”

Jeff Joseph could get any single woman in SETX he wants, and probably more married and attached women than we’d like to admit.

1 minute ago, PN-G bamatex said:

There was a woman in purple at the championship yesterday holding up a sign that read, “Our coach is hotter than yours!”

Jeff Joseph could get any single woman in SETX he wants, and probably more married and attached women than we’d like to admit.

Jeff Joseph the most available bachelor in SETX…  get the man his own tv series lol 

28 minutes ago, Reagan said:

They were neck and neck with Desoto for 4 quarters.  I’d argue SLC was the 2nd best 6A team this year.  I just can’t see Jeff leaving.  There’s no competition in the area in 5A and he’s got full control.  Could be wishful thinking, just hoping he’s still here when my son is playing varsity in 5-6 years 

29 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

It was reported in the Tribe Tribunal that the OC handles the married & attached women, so Joseph is clear with all the single ladies

29 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Why can’t he? He was only stopped by his own dad a few years ago. 

Because he hasn’t yet.  I feel he was hired for all the wrong reasons.  It was because of who his father is.  All he has to do is prove me wrong and win one.  As of now, I don’t think he has the “it” factor.  
@FearTheSpear

41 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Because he hasn’t yet.  I feel he was hired for all the wrong reasons.  It was because of who his father is.  All he has to do is prove me wrong and win one.  As of now, I don’t think he has the “it” factor.  
@FearTheSpear

Quinn ewers stays in HS his senior year instead going off to Ohio State I believe he wins the ship that year.. 

54 minutes ago, Reagan said:

@FearTheSpear

Some said the same when PNG hired Joseph…..

A person creates a username and makes a BS post and people start responding! Did anyone look at how many post the person had? I call BS! And even if that was a true statement, that defensive coordinator for PNG would be my next coach when and if Joseph decides to leave. The OC is pretty damn good also. I'm sure one of them would want the job. The DC is the man in my opinion!