PNG Coaching Change?

NDNNation45

One more note that I think is worth adding:

PN-G is the only program in SETX to make it past the fourth round the last two seasons. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only large school program in the area to do so since 2018. We have other programs in the area that I think are on the cusp (e.g., Memorial, Silsbee, Jasper, Newton, Hamshire-Fannett, and Lumberton) or have some potential if they can figure some things out (e.g., Nederland, WO-S, and maybe Vidor or LC-M), but for the moment, PN-G is the Golden Triangle's standard bearer in high school football.

There is potential for PN-G to enter a golden age akin to what WO-S was able to achieve under Dan Hooks and Cornell Thompson. If you're the parent of a Golden Triangle-area child with tons of athletic potential in a district where he either won't have the opportunity to start a la Roschon Johnson, or won't play for a successful program a la the Beaumont schools, what are the other area schools you're going to look at as a potential landing spot? Right now, PN-G should probably be at the top of that list. As previously mentioned, that won't be the case in Katy ISD with all the new schools opening.

In short, there is an opportunity available at PN-G that I don't think exists at very many other schools in the state. I think Joseph and company realize that at some level.

5 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

PN-G is the only program in SETX to make it past the fourth round the last two seasons. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only large school program in the area to do so since 2018. We have other programs in the area that I think are on the cusp (e.g., Memorial, Silsbee, Jasper, Newton, Hamshire-Fannett, and Lumberton) or have some potential if they can figure some things out (e.g., Nederland, WO-S, and maybe Vidor or LC-M), but for the moment, PN-G is the Golden Triangle's standard bearer in high school football.

There is potential for PN-G to enter a golden age akin to what WO-S was able to achieve under Dan Hooks and Cornell Thompson. If you're the parent of a Golden Triangle-area child with tons of athletic potential in a district where he either won't have the opportunity to start a la Roschon Johnson, or won't play for a successful program a la the Beaumont schools, what are the other area schools you're going to look at as a potential landing spot? Right now, PN-G should probably be at the top of that list. As previously mentioned, that won't be the case in Katy ISD with all the new schools opening.

In short, there is an opportunity available at PN-G that I don't think exists at very many other schools in the state. I think Joseph and company realize that at some level.

I guess PN-g will be getting the "move in" mail boxes ready.

44 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

He’s made his name at this point.  if he goes to Katy (or literally anywhere else, for that matter) the talent will find it’s way to him, just like you’re suggesting would happen here if he stays at PNG.  Joseph and company definitely realize this at every level.  Maybe he loves it here and stays, and I hope he does,  but PNG isn’t offering any advantages that he can’t get in a bigger, more prestigious position.  The suggestion that he can pull in outside talent around here but not anywhere he chooses to go is wishful thinking.  

I was told by a source that he’s not going anywhere.  He’s looking to create his own dynasty separate from anything else he’s been associated with in the past.  He was looking for a place with huge community support.    He’s got that at PNG.  Katy will never be what they once were with all the new schools that continue to pop up around there.  There’s no threat of PNG having to build a new school, he can have this whole corner of the state if he chooses.  

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He’s made his name at this point.  if he goes to Katy (or literally anywhere else, for that matter) the talent will find it’s way to him, just like you’re suggesting would happen here if he stays at PNG.  Joseph and company definitely realize this at every level.  Maybe he loves it here and stays, and I hope he does,  but PNG isn’t offering any advantages that he can’t get in a bigger, more prestigious position.  The suggestion that he can pull in outside talent around here but not anywhere he chooses to go is wishful thinking.  

I think you’re misunderstanding my point. I’m not saying he wouldn’t have talent at Katy. I’m saying he wouldn’t have a monopoly on talent at Katy, and he would have difficulty achieving his father’s level of success without it.

We’re already seeing this. His father’s name has been established for decades. Gary Joseph has multiple state titles to his name. Where’s the more recent success been? Katy Paetow. Is Katy enjoying the success it used to have? No. Why? Because new high schools are popping up all over Katy ISD. The talent’s being siphoned away. Putting up mailboxes isn’t so easy when schools are being rezoned left and right and the kids are getting bussed across town every time a new bond passes or a new subdivision is built.

That’s not so in the Golden Triangle. Buy a home anywhere in PN-GISD, and there’s no question what school your kids are going to or what team they’re playing on. That makes the proposition all the more attractive, in a way I don’t think it ever really can be again in the Houston area.