PNG (42) vs LH (35) - INDIANS STATE BOUND

WOSdrummer99

15 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

For me the next matchup with SOC boils down to this: does Png play to win 2nd half of that game or play not to lose that game. 

If they play to win 2nd half they have a shot, if they play not to lose 2nd half SOC gonna roll em. 

I think it'll be a tight game 1st half. 

computer does not show in PN-g favor

neutral field
[2023] South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) 35 (86%), [2023] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 19 (14%)

Just now, pine curtain said:

computer does not show in PN-g favor

neutral field
[2023] South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX) 35 (86%), [2023] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX) 19 (14%)

Yeah I seen that earlier. I think calpreps agrees with the latter of what I posted in the 2nd sentence 🤷🏾‍♂️

Congrat's on the win Indian's! We really played sloppy throughout the game. We made a lot of mistakes that we have not been making. We had a lot of crucial penalties that we can't make next week. Mr. Bailey was on his game tonight. This kid has a lot of poise and knows where to go with the ball. There isn't very many sophomores that can do it like this kid. He has a lot of help and these coach's have the right play called most of the time. The score does not indicate how this game really went. I sure hope PNG can keep the HC,OC, and DC because after 2 straight state appearances their stock will be pretty high. These guys may need a pay increase to keep them around! They came in here and changed the offensive and defensive culture and its paid huge dividends. Great job Indian coach's and player's! Scalp'em!

Loved the fake punt from their own 15..  I can’t say I’ve ever seen that call at that point of the game, that deep in your own territory. 

SOC is a slow starting team, it seems.   PNG needs to come out hot the 1st half and create a decent lead.    SOC’s staff clearly makes great adjustments, and I’m curious to see how Joseph and his staff adjust.

Good Luck I-N-D-I-A-N-S!!

I've never seen more razzle dazzle trick plays and hail Marys in all my life. The LH relies solely on luck when they know they're playing a better team. I only liked them. But when that kid on the sideline stepped onto the field and caught that punt, then I loved and admired them. Still, it's like loving a swarm of mosquitoes that just won't go away. 

Congrats to both teams. 

52 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Loved the fake punt from their own 15..  I can’t say I’ve ever seen that call at that point of the game, that deep in your own territory. 

SOC is a slow starting team, it seems.   PNG needs to come out hot the 1st half and create a decent lead.    SOC’s staff clearly makes great adjustments, and I’m curious to see how Joseph and his staff adjust.

Good Luck I-N-D-I-A-N-S!!

It's like a boxing match where last year PN-G faced the defending world heavyweight championship got a knockdown in the early rounds but the champion came out on top in the end and this is the rematch. I really feel PN-G has to work on blocking this week because in last year's state championship game it was atrocious after taking a 12 point lead. You can’t take your foot off the gas and hope to beat SOC PN-G has to play all 4 quarters to win state 

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

It's like a boxing match where last year PN-G faced the defending world heavyweight championship got a knockdown in the early rounds but the champion came out on top in the end and this is the rematch. I really feel PN-G has to work on blocking this week because in last year's state championship game it was atrocious after taking a 12 point lead. You can’t take your foot off the gas and hope to beat SOC PN-G has to play all 4 quarters to win state 

The blocking will look different this next week against SOC.  LH was cutting all game due to the size difference, next week will be strength vs strength.  

2nd chance at At&t worked better for us in 2016. Hoping for the same for PNG next Saturday morning. BTW, I recommend leaving Friday and having a short drive Saturday morning. It wasn't such good weather when we went for the morning games. Safe travels for all the SETX supporters making the trip.

Arlington forecast

FRIDAY: Cloudy with showers. High 56F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. chance of rain 60%.

Evening: Cloudy early with partial clearing expected late. Low 42F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

SATURDAY: Intervals of clouds and sunshine High 56F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Evening: A few clouds. Low 38F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph