Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

13 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

Most think it will definitely be tuff to win this week . But they always believe they will win . This yr we will have the 2 starting  rbs that got knocked out last year in the game before we played PNG . Will they be enough to change the out come from last year ?  I'm not sure . But LH has surprised teams before .   

Welcome aboard. Great to have you. Always cool to see a member from the other sides thoughts. Glad to have you. 

2 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

And they did a great job , better than the TexanLive feed which we lost several times and the announcers weren’t the best. Kudos to those kids on ndnpress 👏👏

I believe NDN Press reached over 7k online for this past week may have been 7.8k in the 4th. Many were from other areas. SOC, Huntsville, and people from all SETX schools for the most part. Even some special viewers like the old PNG coaches and historians. Wade Phillips was at the game rooting for his alma mater. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I believe NDN Press reached over 7k online for this past week may have been 7.8k in the 4th. Many were from other areas. SOC, Huntsville, and people from all SETX schools for the most part. Even some special viewers like the old PNG coaches and historians. Wade Phillips was at the game rooting for his alma mater. 

Lucky kids to be able to experience that.

7 minutes ago, NDNmom91 said:

That would be AMAZING for them but unless it makes $$$ for Jerry Jones…probably won’t happen 😏

It's easy. Allow the commercial feed straight to NDN Press for the YouTube stream. Double the exposure for the sponsors. Then get Bally's to use the kids during a special 10 min segment of the real broadcast. They can also do a whole feature on the program during the halftime show. This is all for the kids. All those involved. The cheer, dance, band, and now broadcast team. They need to feature this for all schools to see the potential. 

Common sense solutions people 

17 hours ago, Eazy said:

Yea, no doubt.  Mismatch on both sides of the ball.  I smell some Friday night pancakes.  

Definitely mismatch in size .   LH line are usually tuff and they don't always have to push the defensive player across from them back sometimes they just got to get in his way . If you watched the Pieper /LH game LH just kept hammering away right up the middle with the full back . They were happy to get 3 or so yds . I would see Pieper stop fb dead in his tracks and they would turn around run the same play . I was thinking run something different .  But the hammer wore them out in the end . They we're able to run the final 5 and half minutes or so off the clock with 1st downs and a long run by fb  Carter  .    PNG got some big lineman that look like they can endure quite a bit of hammering .      It's going to be a tough night for the LH linemen . 

20 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Guys, I hate to break it to y’all, but there was a huge mass of PN-G fans watching the game while standing on the concourse between the upper and lower levels behind the top row of the bottom section. A few dozen empty seats on extreme ends of the stadium does not equate to fans not in the stands.

The PN-G radio crew confirmed the sell-out at CE King with stadium staff in the pressbox. There were also small pockets of PN-G fans who sat on the visitor’s side with Lake Creek because they were redirected there by stadium staff after the home side sold out.

By the way, while we’re at it, the reason we’re playing at Berry Center next week is because Liberty Hill’s head coach refused to agree to anything larger and was willing to force a coin flip between any site chosen by PN-G and Liberty Hill’s home stadium. We didn’t want to risk it. And I have that directly from someone who was involved in the negotiations.

Does PNG have a preference for indoor or outdoor ? I know the LH coaches always want the game outdoors when possible . 

5 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Does PNG have a preference for indoor or outdoor ? I know the LH coaches always want the game outdoors when possible . 

SETX teams are accustomed to be playing in heat, humidity, rain, refinery and paper mill odors, plant explosions, hurricanes, and heavy fog. But I think they like it at NRG and Jerry World just fine. 

The Indians have had a tough couple of games for the past 2 weeks, but I think they'll be ok against LH as far as the off and def lines are concerned, and the DBs and LBs as well. 

4 hours ago, crazycowboyfam said:

For all of us that cant make Friday games I got to shout out to the NDN Press it was so cool to see they had up to 6800 people watching the broadcast of Fridays game. They are doing a wonderful job and should be rewarded 

I have watched most of LH games on NFHS which has had to many technical difficulties . I switched to a Pieper free stream on YouTube tv which was better in my opinion than NFHS . 

Will there be a PNG live stream this week ?  I don't mind watching an opponents live stream thats  better than watching a frozen screen on my paid app . 

1 minute ago, 1970 said:

SETX teams are accustomed to be playing in heat, humidity, rain, refinery and paper mill odors, plant explosions, hurricanes, and heavy fog. But I think they like it at NRG and Jerry World just fine. 

The Indians have had a tough couple of games for the past 2 weeks, but I think they'll be ok against LH as far as the off and def lines are concerned, and the DBs and LBs as well. 

Defensive backs ? Y'all don't need db's this week just put 11 of your defensive lineman up on the line all within the tackles . 

Love watching the Indians and hope they make it to state again and win it this year. They are playing well

My only take after watching the 2nd half vs Huntsville is that the offensive lineman did not block very well , so the running game was poor that half well that half.  They will have a size advantage vs LH, however they are going to have to block much better to get the running game going.

I did not see the 1st half, maybe they blocked better in that half

34 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Love watching the Indians and hope they make it to state again and win it this year. They are playing well

My only take after watching the 2nd half vs Huntsville is that the offensive lineman did not block very well , so the running game was poor that half well that half.  They will have a size advantage vs LH, however they are going to have to block much better to get the running game going.

Maybe it was because they had the lead and Huntsville (credit to their defense) knew we were going to run most plays. Dont discount Huntsville's defense. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's easy. Allow the commercial feed straight to NDN Press for the YouTube stream. Double the exposure for the sponsors. Then get Bally's to use the kids during a special 10 min segment of the real broadcast. They can also do a whole feature on the program during the halftime show. This is all for the kids. All those involved. The cheer, dance, band, and now broadcast team. They need to feature this for all schools to see the potential. 

Common sense solutions people 

Those are GREAT suggestions!!  They’ve done a INCREDIBLE job and even more IMPRESSIVE that it’s their FIRST year to do it so I hope they’ll be allowed to participate in some fashion…gotta get that W this week first 😉

2 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

Are you asking about the fans or the coaches and players? Coaches and Co. probably don’t care. The fans would definitely prefer indoors, but make no mistake: they’ll show up either way.

Did not see the Huntsville game but in the Lake Creek game I felt the QB was the difference. LC probably provided a blueprint for the approach to the PNG OL.

LC DL consistently attacked the larger PNG OL cutting them down and disrupting the blocking schemes which allowed the LC LBs to run free. Doing so, they held the PNG running game in check. 

PNG QB is impressive and can win a game on his own. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Yeah, the second half was not good for the linemen. The Huntsville D line had something to do with that for sure. Big guys.

In 2024, Region III may run through Huntsville.  At times, they played 9 JRs and SOPHs on defense.  They have size, quickness, and they were physical.  The Hornets practice tackling and it shows.  They don’t arm tackle.  Plus, Huntsville will return their QB and RB.  They will be tough next season.  All that said, PN-G handed out hits of their own last Friday.  It’s hard to run the ball when there are 9 defenders within 5 yards of the LOS.  When PN-G gets the lead, the coaches will squeeze the clock.  Second halves may not look pretty, but the formula works.  I’ll take 26 wins over the last two seasons and there’s a good shot we can rack up 28 wins in our last 32 games.  Sign me up for more ugly second halves.

23 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

In 2024, Region III may run through Huntsville.  At times, they played 9 JRs and SOPHs on defense.  They have size, quickness, and they were physical.  The Hornets practice tackling and it shows.  They don’t arm tackle.  Plus, Huntsville will return their QB and RB.  They will be tough next season.  All that said, PN-G handed out hits of their own last Friday.  It’s hard to run the ball when there are 9 defenders within 5 yards of the LOS.  When PN-G gets the lead, the coaches will squeeze the clock.  Second halves may not look pretty, but the formula works.  I’ll take 26 wins over the last two seasons and there’s a good shot we can rack up 28 wins in our last 32 games.  Sign me up for more ugly second halves.

In many ways Huntsville was a tougher game than LC.   With LC, their points came off of 1 busted coverage and 2 fumbles. Huntsville actually had a sustained drive on their own. (And 1 drive with very obvious assistance from the refs.) Like the sentiment in the quoted post says, watch out for Huntsville in 2024.