Beaumont West Brook 79 Silsbee 59/FINAL

9 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Anybody know if there's any credence to the rumor that he's going to go ahead and graduate in Dec. and move on?  

Not sure but if he graduates early awesome. If he chooses to play basketball awesome. He will need to do what's best for him and his family. I think most of us Tiger fans can agree, we would love for him to play basketball this season. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Beaumont West Brook 79 Silsbee 59/FINAL

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Anybody know if there's any credence to the rumor that he's going to go ahead and graduate in Dec. and move on?  

I talked to his dad in the barbershop not long ago…he stated he was graduating early but if Silsbee didn’t go to state in football…He would stay for the second semester to play bball & try to win a ring.

However I’m almost positive with how credits & early grad works you can’t just up & say you no longer want to graduate early. Not sure if his dad understands that though.

Silsbee needs a few weeks to jell together. I really want to see Harris take over games. His skill set is so unique that he can score at will. If the line up is Harris, Johnson, Bottley, Jones, and Rice, Silsbee will still win district and have a great shot to make it to the Regionals. Silsbee will have a solid bench as well. 

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee needs a few weeks to jell together. I really want to see Harris take over games. His skill set is so unique that he can score at will. If the line up is Harris, Johnson, Bottley, Jones, and Rice, Silsbee will still win district and have a great shot to make it to the Regionals. Silsbee will have a solid bench as well. 

Yeah true just won’t be the same without Miller. Hopefully he will play and they can make a run for state 

If Miller does play and plays as well as he did as a sophomore then Silsbee will go to State simply on the basis of talent.  In the loss to FF in the semi two years ago he was the leading scorer and the most effective player on the court.  Without Miller talent alone won't get them there.  

What about Westbrook?  They looked pretty sharp.  Decent 3pt shooting.  But I don't see how they can do better than 3rd in that tough district.  Third is not bad in that district actually.  

15 hours ago, ST413 said:

At times…he was also getting out hustled and turning the ball over a good many too….

They where all turning the ball over..! They wasn't playing team ball at all. I couldn't say how many times they put the ball in WB hands. To many trying to be super stars last night not giving the ball up to the open guy just straight to the basket. Bowlwin is really bad about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some of you Silsbee fans don't seem to understand just how good this West Brook team really is.

I got them finishing 2nd in a really tough 6A district. Possibly a split with United. WB is THAT good.

Silsbee will be just fine. If Miller and Cartwright decide to play, they will be that much better.

Johnson is #3

I'd cut them some slack since they just stepped off the football field 3 days ago and maybe in a few weeks all will be right in Tiger land.

Don't want to be on the verge of acting like West Orange Stark football fans over a few bad games, although I think some people in the crowd last night were already there lol.

If last night was any indication of how Silsbee plays this season,they will win district but way too many turnovers....not getting back on defense...out rebounded...those things have to be cleaned up,,,,i watched Westbrook drive the length of the court and shoot layups,no one stopping the ball way too many times....

On 11/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Tigers94 said:

Yeah....as much as Harris is the kid who's gonna be playing at the next level, this was always Miller's team.

Silsbee will struggle to make it to region if they keep playing like they did Tuesday.

I say this all the time in private. I don't post it here cause I don't want to be critical or hurt feelings. But yes, Dre is the dog on this team, and has been since the class of '24 started playing varsity, as freshman.  If he plays this year they will rally behind him and maybe make it to regional, maybe even win it.   If he doesn't play they may bow out of the playoffs early.  IJS.