Jasper vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

21 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

This game has intrigued me... only team this season to beat Jasper convincingly was Franklin. Jasper had one first down at half time. Franklin was up 17-0 at half. The score was 29-8 with a minute left in the game when Jasper scored again. It just so happens that now they are playing another Slot-T team with a good defense. If I'm correct Jaspers big boy on the line is out for the year but played against Franklin which could hurt Jasper. Jasper has some great athletes but the achilles hill for them is coaching imo.

You are completely out of your mind of you think there is a coaching deficiency at Jasper. 

6 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

You are completely out of your mind of you think there is a coaching deficiency at Jasper. 

It is what it is. Make questionable calls like running the same plays over and over that aren't working. We have seen them twice in the last 2 years. It could be that he has still got to out the whole system in place.

8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

It is what it is. Make questionable calls like running the same plays over and over that aren't working. We have seen them twice in the last 2 years. It could be that he has still got to out the whole system in place.

You dont know what you are talking about. You have no clue as to what is going on that influences the coach's decisions. Jasper has a great coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Yeah well, if you've never coached or understand all of the circumstances around a program, it’s easy to point a finger and say, “It’s the coach!” Some folks are even asking for the Silsbee coach to be let go after the Bellville beat down. He’s 25-2 in the last 2 seasons for goodness sake! Freakin idiots. 

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah well, if you've never coached or understand all of the circumstances around a program, it’s easy to point a finger and say, “It’s the coach!” Some folks are even asking for the Silsbee coach to be let go after the Bellville beat down. He’s 25-2 in the last 2 seasons for goodness sake! Freakin idiots. 

Agree X 10

25 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Me and @BMTSoulja1 not surprised. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You dont know what you are talking about. You have no clue as to what is going on that influences the coach's decisions. Jasper has a great coaching staff. 

You say I don't know what I'm talking about? Says the guy who said Coldspring was on our level... says the guy that said Hitchcock vs Columbus would be the region final... says the guy who said Columbus would win it all. If you wanna say someone doesn't know what they are talking about then you should look in the mirror. I stand by what I said. I go and watch football at all levels and have seen 2a-6a live this season. Some of the calls he has made were questionable. Do I think he is doing a great job yes but with the athletes he has he should be blowing teams out. BTW who are you to tell me I don't know what goes on in a coaches mind to influence decisions? You don't even know who I am or what I do.

7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

You say I don't know what I'm talking about? Says the guy who said Coldspring was on our level... says the guy that said Hitchcock vs Columbus would be the region final... says the guy who said Columbus would win it all. If you wanna say someone doesn't know what they are talking about then you should look in the mirror. I stand by what I said. I go and watch football at all levels and have seen 2a-6a live this season. Some of the calls he has made were questionable. Do I think he is doing a great job yes but with the athletes he has he should be blowing teams out. BTW who are you to tell me I don't know what goes on in a coaches mind to influence decisions? You don't even know who I am or what I do.

For clarification: "You are out of your mind if you think there is a coaching deficiency in Jasper". 

1. I missed the mark on Columbus.

2. You will not find a single post where I said CS was on the level with Franklin.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

For clarification: "You are out of your mind if you think there is a coaching deficiency in Jasper". 

1. I missed the mark on Columbus.

2. You will not find a single post where I said CS was on the level with Franklin.

That is funny because if you go back about 20 pages and click on who would be state contenders you will find where you said Coldspring would contend for a region championship because region 3 was weak overall. Someone said that that they are not and the same level as Franklin and Lorena and you said just wait and see.

BTW I don't think he is a bad coach at all. I just think it takes time to put his system in. It's only his 2nd year in jasper.

18 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

That is funny because if you go back about 20 pages and click on who would be state contenders you will find where you said Coldspring would contend for a region championship because region 3 was weak overall. Someone said that that they are not and the same level as Franklin and Lorena and you said just wait and see.

BTW I don't think he is a bad coach at all. I just think it takes time to put his system in. It's only his 2nd year in jasper.

Kinda hard to contend for the region when you don't make the playoffs.

I don’t think this will be a 60 something scoring game for Bellville… I do think Bellville should win by around 20-24 points if they keep executing and playing like they have been. Jasper wasn’t supposed to beat Cuero… they did.. So yeah I don’t think Jasper is supposed to win this game either but they have been proving people wrong. Bellville has just been a well oiled machine most of this season.

10 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Cal prep had Jasper a favorite over Cuero.

Jasper was a 11 point favorite. When picking a team by 11 points the computer is correct 75% of the time.  
Bellville is a 21 point favorite over Jasper. When picking a team by 21 points the computer is right 90% of the time.

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Understood about Jasper coach. For confirmation, you were unable to find were I said “Coldspring was on the level with Franklin”?

If you really do your research, you will see where I said Franklin was the top team in the Region by themselves.

36 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood about Jasper coach. For confirmation, you were unable to find were I said “Coldspring was on the level with Franklin”?

If you really do your research, you will see where I said Franklin was the top team in the Region by themselves.

89, do you have Jasper playing Bellville close or getting behind the 8 ball early and never really in the game say "after halftime" ? 

5 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

89, do you have Jasper playing Bellville close or getting behind the 8 ball early and never really in the game say "after halftime" ? 

I am not sure. I believe Jasper may have a few pieces on defense that can enable them to compete better than some of the others. Hard to imagine Jasper being better on offense than Silsbee. Every game is different and you never know how teams will match up or who will have a bad day. With that being said, I expect Bellville to play Carthage in the Championship and it is difficult to see a scenario where they do not win this game comfortably. If I was Jasper I would show up looking to pull off the win.